WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » R.I.P. Martin Landau

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: R.I.P. Martin Landau
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Martin Landau, Academy Award-Winning Ed Wood Actor, Dies at 89

Mission: Impossible, Space: 1999, North By Northwest, Ed Wood, Without A Trace, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Entourage....just a long line of great performances, even when sometimes the product didn't really deserve it. Or him.

That's two big names today....ow....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

IP: Logged
CS
Member # 4568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorite actors ever.

I still wonder how the hell the people behind Ready to Rumble got him, or why he agreed to do that movie. That would be the epitome of "even when sometimes the product didn't really deserve it. Or him."

Also loved him in The Majestic - he was definitely the highlight of that otherwise uneven film.

[ 07-17-2017, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: CS ]

--------------------
"Adversity introduces a man to himself." - Arn Anderson

ZEKER
Member # 4727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZEKER         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sal Bandini, wanna wrestle? RIP...
diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Karloff doesn't deserve to smell my sh!t."

Lugosi never said such a thing, but it is the most memorable scene in Ed Wood.

I remember him first for Mission Impossible but I think his role in North By Northwest is my favorite.

[ 07-17-2017, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: diamondmd ]

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

Cincinnati Kid
Member # 339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cincinnati Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was great as Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood. The academy award he received for that performance was well deserved. RIP.
Kilroy
Member # 53

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kilroy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ed Wood is my favorite movie ever and he was most of the reason why it is...RIP...
Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Ganja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a heck of a talent! R.I.P.

--------------------
Your old lady's old lady has got skinnier legs!!!
---
And BABY DOLL...shame on you mama...cause I know you better than anyone!

The Eagle 2 from FL
Member # 6289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Eagle 2 from FL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP

--------------------
"Courage is being affraid but saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Bolo Punch
Member # 4022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bolo Punch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP I heard on the radio that he was Gene Rodenberrys first choice to play Spock but he turned it down.
codystarbuck
Member # 27176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for codystarbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved his work, but especially his role in Tucker. He got nominated for it and I always thought it was far better than Lugosi, in Ed Wood. I always had a suspicion that the Oscar vote for Ed Wood reflected him not getting it for Tucker.

I grew up with Mission Impossible and he was always great there. I really wanted to like Space 1999; but, even with him and Barbara Bain, it was so dull. If only they had spent less on having a fashion designer create the costumes and more on the scripts, that series could have been really good.

You can also see him in a smaller role, in the Glen Ford/Debbie Reynolds movie, The Gazebo, as a hood, at the climax of the film. Highly under-rated dark comedy.

--------------------
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it’s as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues." —Terry Pratchett

Beyond Salem
Member # 1597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beyond Salem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Martin,

North by Northwest a classic!

Also great tag line in Entourage "Is that something you might be interested in?".

Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched him on Space 1999 and Mission Impossible. Loved him in Ed Wood and right now I am watching him in the Jim Brown movie Black Gunn.

R.I.P.

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations