WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » How late did Wahoo work?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How late did Wahoo work?
DR. PAPUFNIK
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. PAPUFNIK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw that he died in 2002. I thought it was earlier that that in the 90s but that's incorrect. Saw a facebook poster of him listed on a 1995 card. Did he go much after that? Did anybody see him work that late?
Has Cornette ever mentioned any thought of bringing him in to Smoky Mountain? Even if he couldn't work I think the people there would have loved that.

IP: Logged
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1996 as I recall.
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From 1996:

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really surprised he was working that late. Honestly would have guessed '93, maybe '94.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Hell, he made his last appearance in WCW in 1995...

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
Hell, he made his last appearance in WCW in 1995...

Murdoch did not live much longer after this.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

Dan P-170
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P-170     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Murdoch passed in June 1996
Red Wings Fan I
Member # 2068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Wings Fan I     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By 1999, he was still making appearances at gimmick tables and doing commentary for one indy promotion out of upstate SC. He never got physically involved in any matches though.

--------------------
"I came to smell that fresh Detroit air!" Vince McMahon

John Williamson
Member # 127199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The video says that Nailz match was from Ultimate Championship Wrestling. How long was this show on? I don't remember it. It very difficult to see anything.
REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At some point during the 90s he tried to get on as an agent in WCW.
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
Originally posted by REO Speeddealer:
At some point during the 90s he tried to get on as an agent in WCW.

He did work as a WCW agent in the '90s. But he quit because he wanted to continue wrestling, which is how he wound up back with Verne.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations