WrestlingClassics.com Message Board
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Mike Graham or Jerry Brisco (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mike Graham or Jerry Brisco
Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who was better Mike Graham or Jerry Brisco?
Who was the better interview?
Who was the better in ring worker?
Who was the better amateur wrestler?
Who was the more successful nation wide?
Who was the better heel?
Who would have made a better NWA World Heavyweight Champion?

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

IP: Logged
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jerry hands down. But Jerry probably didn't whip marks at 11, so there's that.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

evensout
Member # 5985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evensout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
having seen a lot of both, I'd go with brisco, also. however, mike wasn't bad in the ring.
Prefrontal-Lowblow
Member # 53232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prefrontal-Lowblow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gotta go Brisco.

Mike was a fantastic athlete and very strong.

But Gerald was just something else. Doesn't get the full credit he deserves, IMO.

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. Both actually underrated now. Mike mostly because of his shoot interview personality, and Gerald for being in Jack's shadow and all the bra and panties Mister Mick Mann crap, but even with that I don't think anybody suggests they were on the same level.

So long from the Sunshine State!

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

CWF Fan
Member # 3893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CWF Fan         Edit/Delete Post 
it's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was never once spelled "Gerry" in promotional materials. It was always "Jerry." Even though they called him Gerald half the time.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

For that matter

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Brisco:
Jerry Jerry

--------------------

Mississippi fan
Member # 444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mississippi fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brisco.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

The other stuff is a judgment call, but suggesting Mike was the better amateur wrestler or more successful nationwide is ridiculous.

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald as a heel was one of the best (and funniest) promo guys in the biz. And near the end, I'd say he was actually a better worker than Jack (which isn't a knock on Jack, because he was great right up until he peaced out).

Neither should've been NWA champ honestly but they were both damn good.

[ 07-15-2017, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Shaving Weezie Jefferson ]

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
Gerald as a heel was one of the best (and funniest) promo guys in the biz. And near the end, I'd say he was actually a better worker than Jack (which isn't a knock on Jack, because he was great right up until he peaced out).

Neither should've been NWA champ honestly but they were both damn good.

It was not until years later that I saw their heel stuff in JCP vs. Youngblood and Steamboat. I was pleasantly surprised. Not sure if they were heels or not but if they were, they were defacto baby faces when they came to defend their belts vs. The Road Warriors in GA. Again, pleasantly surprised how good of a match it was, given how green the RW's were.

[ 07-16-2017, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: The Coach ]

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

They were definitely heels before and during their title reign(s). If you look back at the promos the Briscos sent in to build up their match against the LOD, they were very heelish (or in the very least cool outlaw babyfaces). They cranked it up to another level.

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Wanna know where Edge & Christian got their "5 Second Pose" from?

--------------------

The Coach
Member # 6392

quote:
Wanna know where Edge & Christian got their "5 Second Pose" from?

Forgot about Bill Ward!
🤣🤣🤣🤣

--------------------

CWF Fan
Member # 3893

And this, is why we all miss Mark
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Actually Mark would have pitched a WAY bigger fit.

--------------------

CWF Fan
Member # 3893

Sure about this?

posted 07-15-2017 06:27 PM                      

It was never once spelled "Gerry" in promotional materials. It was always "Jerry." Even though they called him Gerald half the time.

CWF Fan
Member # 3893

CM, only you pitch a fit over my yearly posts, that's why I needed him to get me back on every time I disagreed with you and you threw me off.
CWF Fan
Member # 3893

Question answered, no one else need apply, nor proffer their opinion!

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

posted 07-15-2017 08:32 PM                      

The other stuff is a judgment call, but suggesting Mike was the better amateur wrestler or more successful nationwide is ridiculous.

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Florida:

-

Georgia:

-

NC:

-

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nulty from WA:

Jack and Gerald Brisco

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by CWF Fan:
Question answered, no one else need apply, nor proffer their opinion!

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

posted 07-15-2017 08:32 PM                      

Stop being so butthurt. You offered an opinion, I offered my opinion of your opinion. You really wanna make it personal? Be real careful what you wish for.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

And yes, Mark would have been WAY nastier about it.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

And just in case you missed it, Jack spelled it 'Jerry'.

Gerald spelled it 'Jerry'. Still does.

THOSE are facts.

[ 07-17-2017, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask from FL ]

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

And so are these: Mike was a state class high school wrestler. Jerry was a national class collegiate wrestler at a powerhouse program.

--------------------

CWF Fan
Member # 3893

Personal? Glass houses I suspect. and, your opinion being the definitive one gets old.

Never? Not Once? Promotional material?

Are we sure? Google works too.

CWF Fan
Member # 3893

CM man, you win. Drivers license is online. How did Leon spell his last name.....Vader? Jesus dude!
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Oh golly gee, somebody spelled it Gerry once? Go throw yourself a party.

And yes, personal. Have somebody look up the word and explain it to you. I dealt with the content of your post period. You started all the smarmy crap invoking the conveniently silent dead. You really wanna play the dozens, bring it on.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Don't start sh*t you can't finish, 'dude'.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

It SHOULD be 'Gerry'. It ISN'T.

Okay?

--------------------

CWF Fan
Member # 3893

"invoking the conveniently silent dead"

You're an *******!

CWF Fan
Member # 3893

If only I could get an autograph from "Steamboat", "Flair", "Piper", "Ramon", "Butcher", "Rhodes" or "Anderson"!
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
"invoking the conveniently silent dead"

You're an *******!

You're the one who did it. Do you not get that you're not in a real strong position to call names?

And btw reread your first post if you want to see someone presenting 'their opinion as the definitive one'.

You dealt the hand. Suck it up, sis.

[ 07-17-2017, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask from FL ]

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
it's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer

Amazing, innit?

--------------------

CWF Fan
Member # 3893

My initial post was tongue in check, however presented no less fact than a big blonde guy named Terry. sis!
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

I would suspect they went with "Jerry" in the marketing was because of alliteration purposes. Jack & Jerry or JB & JB is more pleasing to the eye than Jack & Gerry or JB & GB.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Tongue in cheek, huh? Go look in the mirror and do that. Let us know if it reminds you of anything.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
I would suspect they went with "Jerry" in the marketing was because of alliteration purposes. Jack & Jerry or JB & JB is more pleasing to the eye than Jack & Gerry or JB & GB.

Sure. And Jack's name wasn't even Jack or even Gack in the first place.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations