WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Results: Birmingham, AL 7/13/81

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Results: Birmingham, AL 7/13/81
REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Courtesy of Kris Zellner

From Boutwell Auditorium

1) Tommy Wright vs. Mr. Jr. America

2) Alabama champ Ray Candy vs. Norvell Austin ended in a double countout

3) Ron Bass vs. Ken Lucas in a bullrope match

4) Southeastern tag champs Randy Rose & Dennis Condrey defeated Bob Armstrong & Tommy Rich

5) Southeastern champ Mr. Olympia defeated Jimmy Golden

6) Ron Fuller defeated the Assassin in a $15,000 bounty match

IP: Logged
NYindyfan
Member # 125634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYindyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff
MIDNIGHT RAIDER
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MIDNIGHT RAIDER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who was Mr. Jr. America?
diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MIDNIGHT RAIDER:
Who was Mr. Jr. America?

Me. I did the gimmick for 2 weeks. Wrestled Tommy Wright for the US Jr. Title in the opening match nearly every night.

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by diamondmd:
quote:
Who was Mr. Jr. America?

Me. I did the gimmick for 2 weeks. Wrestled Tommy Wright for the US Jr. Title in the opening match nearly every night.
Now you gotta post pics, diamondmd.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

stipe
Member # 115491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stipe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How cool was the Question: "Who was ... ?"

with the Answer being: "Me ... !"

LOL :-)

--------------------
Bad english warning !

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Coach:
quote:
quote:
Who was Mr. Jr. America?

Never had any pictures done because I didn't know I was going to be doing the gimmick. I had wrestled for Fuller in Selma (and got arrested for inciting a riot) and then did Dothan TV the next day. Bob Armstrong told me that I would be debuting as "Mr. Jr. America" that night at the house show in Dothan. I didn't have a mask at the time so Mario Galento loaned me one of the Blue Demon outfits that he had with him. That's what I wore through the whole run, then gave it to Armstrong at the end. I wish now that I had kept it.

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Coach:
quote:
quote:
Who was Mr. Jr. America?

Never had any pictures done because I didn't know I was going to be doing the gimmick. I had wrestled for Fuller in Selma (and got arrested for inciting a riot) and then did Dothan TV the next day. Bob Armstrong told me that I would be debuting as "Mr. Jr. America" that night at the house show in Dothan. I didn't have a mask at the time so Mario Galento loaned me one of the Blue Demon outfits that he had with him. That's what I wore through the whole run, then gave it to Armstrong at the end. I wish now that I had kept it.
It's funny diamond, I was sitting on the balcony this week with my 20 year old son at the beach. I was telling him that when you're doing something, at the time you think it will never end. I have very little memorabilia from when I coached or when I was involved in wrestling.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations