WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Shawn Michaels 1st World title shot?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shawn Michaels 1st World title shot?
Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I was surprised to stumble upon this card. Shawn and Marty were only in their 4th or 5th month in the AWA and not yet headlining, but here Shawn is fighting the World champ. Any details how this came about?

IP: Logged
REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like it. There are no results for this card it seems.

As far as wrestling posters go, this is an all timer with the misspellings.

brawler2711
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monty Janetty was a good hand.

--------------------
Sir Tojo: "I used Brut in the late '60's-early '70's. Used to splash it all over my crotch area after a shower--no joke.I used to get some funny reactions to that back in my early 20's. Fond memories."

REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"King Kong Brady" likely no-showed.
Rock-Hunter Kurt Austin from CHI
Member # 6360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rock-Hunter Kurt Austin from CHI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget about Mr. Prefect Curt Henning.
Vulture
Member # 10205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vulture     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Brand of Rheingans is this?
codystarbuck
Member # 27176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for codystarbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by REO Speeddealer:
"King Kong Brady" likely no-showed.

Well, there were problems with one of the "bunch."

--------------------
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it’s as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues." —Terry Pratchett

Lucky Starr
Member # 1807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky Starr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like Jack Pfeffer promoted this show. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The STATION CLUB 80 Radio Show - playing all the music genres from the 80s every 3rd Saturday of the month
Official FB page: https://www.facebook.com/stationclub80/

mr. disco
Member # 1736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr. disco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget the Barberian. I wonder if he borrowed Brutus' giant scissors.

--------------------
"Just because you ain't paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get you." - Steve Earle

dthcm
Member # 56183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dthcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They spelt Zbyszko right.
Andy from NY
Member # 7701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy from NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dthcm:
They spelt Zbyszko right.

Was just gonna say that when I saw the comment about spelling. Wonders never cease...LOL!
Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was is Hanson or Hansen?

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

"A draw is like kissing your sister" ~ Larry Nelson, 1987

dthcm
Member # 56183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dthcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Meatybone:
Was is Hanson or Hansen?

Hanson, If you get in his way he'll MMMBop ya.
Megatron
Member # 1751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Megatron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boris Zhokon? Coloniel De Beers?
SWW72 from FL
Member # 1536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWW72 from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King Kong Brady:

-

[ 07-12-2017, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: SWW72 from FL ]

--------------------
SWW72

Steve Ogilvie
Member # 5116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Ogilvie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coloniel De Beers was an early hand

--------------------
"Mr 100%"

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dthcm:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Meatybone:
Was is Hanson or Hansen?

Hanson, If you get in his way he'll MMMBop ya.
No, it's supposed to be Stan Hansen. It's Swede Hanson.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I just got the joke. Nevermind.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

stipe
Member # 115491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stipe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cherry Martel anyone ?

BTW, this post is AWESOME on so many levels !

[ 07-14-2017, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: stipe ]

--------------------
Bad english warning !

Bee Dot
Member # 62107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bee Dot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Imagine Michaels got clotheslined out of his wrestling trunks, before being pinned.

--------------------
I stumbled over an old Coliseum Home Video clamshell box and landed on my external occipital protuberance.

Standing Room Only, Hanging from the rafters!

Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Michaels' first WWE title shot was against randy savage in Germany. I remember watching it live on German TV. This was in 1992.

[ 07-14-2017, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Happ Hazzard ]

pitbullsfan
Member # 115351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pitbullsfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this poster is a prank.
jjmike
Member # 3833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjmike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pitbullsfan:
I think this poster is a prank.

Nah, locally made promotional posters are bound to have goof ups.(probably not as many you would see here though) I remember a while back somone posted a shot of a Savoldi ICW poster for a show in Maine during the 80's where whoever made the poster just totally changed a name not knowing any better. It called the "New York Rockers"(Al Perez, Joe Savoldi) the "Rock and Rollers". For that I just imagined some hungover guy with a half burned cigarette in a Portland print shop scribbling down names on a piece of paper when taking the order for the poster.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations