WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » ot Questions for Crimson Mask

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ot Questions for Crimson Mask
TylerStanMan
Member # 127142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TylerStanMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What martial arts have you trained in? What is your training routine?
IP: Logged
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boxing, wrestling, Judo, Karate and Muay Thai. Basically now I do cardio in the morning and some specific training in the afternoons, usually 5 days a week. Obviously not training for competition any more but just to keep everything working as well as possible.

So long from the Sunshine State!

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
Boxing, wrestling, Judo, Karate and Muay Thai. Basically now I do cardio in the morning and some specific training in the afternoons, usually 5 days a week. Obviously not training for competition any more but just to keep everything working as well as possible.

No TKD?

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CM: Have you trained in the Orient or worked with the great martial artiste, Superstar Billy Graham?

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
quote:

No TKD?
I dreemed of beening Tyke Juan Dough.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by PartsUnknown77 From ND:
CM: Have you trained in the Orient or worked with the great martial artiste, Superstar Billy Graham?

5th Street Gym a few times. 2 blocks from the ocean. That oriental enough?

--------------------

PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PartsUnknown77 From ND:

5th Street Gym a few times. 2 blocks from the ocean. That oriental enough?
Fine by me! I'm sure Hiro Matsuda hung out in the area.........

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

daragaki
Member # 5806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daragaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CM - How many years did you practice judo?...Just wondering since I took judo for about 10 yrs. I also visited Kodokan in Tokyo in 1972.....I also worked out with the wrestling team in high school.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Couple three years as a kid.

--------------------

The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, CM...

If there is an efferent arteriolar constriction, one would think that there would be an increase in the GFR of the Bowman's capsule. However, there is actually a decrease. Why did this happen?

brawler2711
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of all these: Boxing, wrestling, Judo, Karate and Muay Thai which one is the most physically exhausting?

--------------------
Sir Tojo: "I used Brut in the late '60's-early '70's. Used to splash it all over my crotch area after a shower--no joke.I used to get some funny reactions to that back in my early 20's. Fond memories."

Hollywood Hoagie
Member # 102500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hollywood Hoagie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which of the martial arts that you study is the most difficult to master?

I found boxing to be the hardest. Footwork, head movement, levels, balance, timing, speed, accuracy and combinations take a really long time for me to get the hang of. Great boxers are tough, skilled disciplined athletes.

That said, I'm not particularly good at any martial art. I have good flexibility which made kicking easier for me and that's the simple reason why I started.

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
Out of all these: Boxing, wrestling, Judo, Karate and Muay Thai which one is the most physically exhausting?

Wrestling.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by Hollywood Hoagie:

I found boxing to be the hardest. Footwork, head movement, levels, balance, timing, speed, accuracy and combinations take a really long time for me to get the hang of. Great boxers are tough, skilled disciplined athletes.

That said, I'm not particularly good at any martial art. I have good flexibility which made kicking easier for me and that's the simple reason why I started.

I dunno. I tend to gravitate to striking but I started boxing so early that I can't tell if it was nature or nurture.

--------------------

knightmare414
Member # 21742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knightmare414     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey CM,

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

CONAN
Member # 3659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CONAN         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey CM - what's your stick grip preference?
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by knightmare414:
Hey CM,

Whaddaya mean? Oceanian or Antarctican swallow?

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by CONAN:
Hey CM - what's your stick grip preference?

Traditional for straight ahead jazz and shuffles, matched for everything else.

--------------------

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, if you had to pick one martial arts to defend yourself in a one-on-one confrontation, which one would it be against a street fighter with no martial arts experience?

--------------------
"Racism is evil"- Donald Trump

KobashiChop
Member # 78522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KobashiChop         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by daragaki:
CM - How many years did you practice judo?...Just wondering since I took judo for about 10 yrs. I also visited Kodokan in Tokyo in 1972.....I also worked out with the wrestling team in high school.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII

What was the Kodokan like? Pretty cool?
KobashiChop
Member # 78522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KobashiChop         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KobashiChop:
quote:

ALOHA FROM HAWAII

Wait daragaki - don't answer. I should have asked this:

Hey CM, what do you think daragaki will say the Kodokan was like?

KobashiChop
Member # 78522

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
Okay, if you had to pick one martial arts to defend yourself in a one-on-one confrontation, which one would it be against a street fighter with no martial arts experience?

I'd say boxing.
Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I'd say boxing.
I personally would go with wrestling. Most fights wind up with people tangled up. A wrestler would have no problem dumping the other person and keeping him down.

--------------------
"Racism is evil"- Donald Trump

daragaki
Member # 5806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daragaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

ALOHA FROM HAWAII

Just got home and I will answer your question. [Smile]
I was disappointed and happy to visit Kodokan.
I was disappointed and happy at the same time because I was thinking expecting to see a "old" dojo but it was a modern dojo. Watched couple of
guys practicing from the balcony.

In the '60s, I was introduced to judo by Diane Ohama, who was the first female from Hawaii to earn her black belt from Kodokan.

Her daughter Brenda also was very good in judo, winning several tournaments in Hawaii.

Took judo at the Nuuanu Soto Mission, where Sakabe (Sensei) was red and white belt.Thanks to D. Ohama
for getting me involved with judo as I was a trouble maker before taking judo.

In high school (Farrington), learned even more from Stanley Tanouye (sensei). Couple nights a week I would practice with several other students.

Who knows what would happened to me if I didn't learn judo.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII

_

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'd say boxing.
I personally would go with wrestling. Most fights wind up with people tangled up. A wrestler would have no problem dumping the other person and keeping him down.
Probably smartest but in the moment I'd tend to strike like I said,

--------------------

knightmare414
Member # 21742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knightmare414     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by knightmare414:
Hey CM,

Whaddaya mean? Oceanian or Antarctican swallow?
 -
FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not CM but I did BJJ for a month and it was legit one of the most exhausting things I've ever done in my life. I did enjoy it but the price of a gym membership was outrageous. I'll stick to pro wrasslin.
KobashiChop
Member # 78522

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hollywood Hoagie:

I dunno. I tend to gravitate to striking but I started boxing so early that I can't tell if it was nature or nurture.
I agree. I did Shotokan, then a little TKD as a kid. Then got into a good system in college that taught traditional karate but added some boxing training, some real jujitsu (stand up variety mostly) and some judo throws, chokes, and pins. I left for awhile and came back years later. They had added some BJJ ground work, mostly police tactics by a member who was a cop that trained with I think Machado's via some specific police training sessions. Loved it all, but intend to fall back on striking from the Shotokan and boxing, first and foremost.

Bum knees would mean I'm ground chuck no matter what I try though.

KobashiChop
Member # 78522

quote:
Originally posted by FantasyWrestlerDrew:
I'm not CM but I did BJJ for a month and it was legit one of the most exhausting things I've ever done in my life. I did enjoy it but the price of a gym membership was outrageous. I'll stick to pro wrasslin.

Agree ground work is the most taxing of them all.
KobashiChop
Member # 78522

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ALOHA FROM HAWAII

Just got home and I will answer your question. [Smile]
I was disappointed and happy to visit Kodokan.
I was disappointed and happy at the same time because I was thinking expecting to see a "old" dojo but it was a modern dojo. Watched couple of
guys practicing from the balcony.

In the '60s, I was introduced to judo by Diane Ohama, who was the first female from Hawaii to earn her black belt from Kodokan.

Her daughter Brenda also was very good in judo, winning several tournaments in Hawaii.

Took judo at the Nuuanu Soto Mission, where Sakabe (Sensei) was red and white belt.Thanks to D. Ohama
for getting me involved with judo as I was a trouble maker before taking judo.

In high school (Farrington), learned even more from Stanley Tanouye (sensei). Couple nights a week I would practice with several other students.

Who knows what would happened to me if I didn't learn judo.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII

_

Martial arts do people a lot of good whether wrestling, boxing, BJJ, karate, whatever.

Cool on Kodokan. I had heard that. Modern.

My karate style integrated some judo throws. Loved them pre bum knees.

Not sure I would ever attempt an Ogoshi or Seoi Nage now. No spring in the knees left.

Steve Yohe
Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Yohe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I played basketball.--Yohe
SHOOTER
Member # 26761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOOTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'd say boxing.
I'd go with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Same reasoning as Blue Thunder said but why hold him down with wrestling and let the guy probably continue to struggle underneath you and possibly cause you harm ( biting, scratching, etc. ) when BJJ will let you finish it.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations