WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Kevin Von Erich return to the ring

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kevin Von Erich return to the ring
DR. PAPUFNIK
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. PAPUFNIK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Israel.
I don't know. Not too bad I guess. Nothing athletic, wrestles in a t shirt but seems pretty trim and in good shape. Kevin puts in a good amount of ring time. A little awkward, but Kevin always kind of was.
Very good crowd. What are the larger promotions in Israel and does wrestling draw well there these days?

[ 07-10-2017, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: DR. PAPUFNIK ]

IP: Logged
RedRiver Kanyon
Member # 4115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedRiver Kanyon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has WWE taken a look at Ross and Marshall for NXT and Developmental??
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The heel rabbi dude is the promoter. He's put on some muscle, but some of you should recognize him. It's our old pal Gery Roif.

So long from the Sunshine State!

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Ganja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good reminder how big the Von Erich's were in Israel. Crazy how folks still remember 35 years later.

Glad to see Gery still going hard.

--------------------
Your old lady's old lady has got skinnier legs!!!
---
And BABY DOLL...shame on you mama...cause I know you better than anyone!

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great stuff. Thanks for posting.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was curious about this as I've seen KVE reference a trip to Israel in the past couple of weeks.

What kind of paycheck would get Kevin to come out of retirement to do this? He looked to be in solid shape for his age.

Did the announcer say Los Angeles Heavyweight Championship?

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gery has come a long way from doing a Hogan cosplay gimmick. I'll give him that. Will watch all of this later but I remember him doing the Hogan fan service for a long time.
FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok just watched the match. Eh. Indy stuff but I popped for Kevin and Marty getting into it.

Ross and Marshall are insanely athletic that's for sure but I really didn't see much outside of them jumping really high. For as long as they've been around now it kinda sets up a red flag all they really did were a bunch of drop kicks and variations of kicks. Now it could be who they were facing. Gery while looking in better shape wasn't good at all. Marty didn't seem to want to do much and the other guy bumped like a champ but don't don't have much else going for him.

Still cool to see Kevin "the Highlander" work one more match and the crowd was super hot for him so that's all that matters in the end. Still amazing even with the raw talent and lineage that Ross and Marshall aren't in a major promotion being taught while working. They could legit be big stars. All the talent is there.

Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kevin is a very nice guy his politics and religious beliefs are pretty extreme. He is like the Euell Gibbons of wrestling. I seriously think that if the world went to shite and we had to live like cave men off the land he would be the happiest man alive.

[ 07-10-2017, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Claymation Quartermain ]

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Claymation Quartermain:
Kevin is a very nice guy his politics and religious beliefs are pretty extreme. He is like the Euell Gibbons of wrestling.

??? Does he eat pine trees? Some parts are edible!

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do laugh on Twitter when Trump says something goofy and Kevin "likes" them. Not surprised though given his Daddy and Texas background.
MIDNIGHT RAIDER
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MIDNIGHT RAIDER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me or is it a little surreal to hear a bunch of Isralis cheering for someone with a German surname and whose father was a Nazi-Sympothizer character early on in his career?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations