WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Pro Wrestling Radio broadcasts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Radio broadcasts
Gerrystumbaugh
Member # 125413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerrystumbaugh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a longshot, but I'm kind of a collector of weird audio. Both the WWF and WCW experimented with broadcasting PPV's on the radio. I've been looking for tapes of ANY of these shows for YEARS. Anyone remember these? Anyone know someone with a crazy large wrestling collection that might have access to these?

Also looking for ANY golden age era pro wrestling radio broadcasts and having little luck. Not sure how much has survived. I've found LOTS of boxing from the 30's and 40's, but no wrestling.

cheers!

IP: Logged
Cincinnati Kid
Member # 339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cincinnati Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not have any recordings of wrestling on radio, but remember listening to it. As such, this may give you an indication which stations aired it and may have some idea of recordings that still exist.

About 1964, KMOX Radio in St. Louis aired some main events from Kiel Auditorium with Jack Buck calling the action.

In the 1980's, WLW Radio in Cincinnati carried portions of cards from Riverfront Coliseum (now U.S. Bank Arena) with Gary Burbank and Bill Cunningham doing kayfabe calls to the action in and around the ring.

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations