WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Results: Berkeley Springs, WV 5/1/88

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Results: Berkeley Springs, WV 5/1/88
REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Courtesy of Shane Heimberger

1) Madusa Miceli pinned Heidi Lee Morgan (6:50)

2) Baron Von Raschke pinned Soldat Ustinov (12:45)

3) The Rock 'n' Roll Express beat Badd Company (17:40)

4) Greg Gagne pinned Teijho Khan (15:26)

5) AWA champ Curt Hennig pinned Wahoo McDaniel (10:16)

IP: Logged
NYindyfan
Member # 125634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYindyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rock n roll vs. badd company that sounds like a good one
p-man from MD
Member # 937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for p-man from MD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a weird location for am AWA card, but it's in kind of a wrasslin' no man's land.
Corkscrew Elbow
Member # 123008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corkscrew Elbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't the AWA go to a bunch of southern cities around this time because of the Rock & Roll Express?
NYindyfan
Member # 125634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYindyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember them staying very long
Billy Burgess
Member # 2521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy Burgess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Often contrasts of styles can make for great matches. I'd say the Gagne-Khan match was probably only good for sending most of the crowd to the concession stand or restroom.

--------------------
THE TIES THAT BIND - a film for which I created the concept and co-wrote... https://vimeo.com/184917104

Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually the attendance is listed on these results. What kind of crowds were the AWA drawing on these Southern cards at this time? Did they work a loop of a few cities in the same region over a number of days?
Corkscrew Elbow
Member # 123008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corkscrew Elbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The AWA did a show in my hometown of Charleston ,SC back in the summer of 88. Well, not technically Charleston but in Ladson which is right outside Charleston. The card was held at the fairgrounds of all places. I was stoked to go because I think I was the only guy in town that watched the AWA on ESPN. I had to miss the show but that's another long,boring story. The main event was supposed to be Lawler vs Henning. Hennning wasn't there obviously because he had already started with the WWF. Greg Gagne filled in. The Rock & Rolls were scheduled to face Badd Company.
REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Morton and Gibson missed a lot of these cards they were advertised on due to returning to JCP.

[ 05-23-2017, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: REO Speeddealer ]

mr. disco
Member # 1736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr. disco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During the dying days of the AWA, they were doing sold shows in some pretty unusual markets.

--------------------
"Just because you ain't paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get you." - Steve Earle

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations