WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Best DDT besides Jake

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best DDT besides Jake
brawler2711
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS Hayes or Arn?

Any others to mention...

--------------------
Sir Tojo: "I used Brut in the late '60's-early '70's. Used to splash it all over my crotch area after a shower--no joke.I used to get some funny reactions to that back in my early 20's. Fond memories."

IP: Logged
Pbhero
Member # 81542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pbhero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An Apter mag in 91 tried to tell us that Jimmy Garvin's DDT had the same "effectiveness rating" that Jake's had, at 92%. [Smile]

I liked Raven's and Dusty's.

WahooFan
Member # 2026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WahooFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Garvin's DDT looked pretty good.

--------------------
Arnold Palmer: "Gary Player eats bacon when no one's watching."

jorjorbynks
Member # 12312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jorjorbynks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll add another vote for Raven's DDT. Always looked good when he did it.

--------------------
Pro Wrestling is neither real nor fake. It's magic!

ponyplayer19
Member # 8537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponyplayer19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pat Tanaka
bcthomas
Member # 125485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcthomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Doesn't get much better than the classic Double A "feint left hand into DDT".

Frogs
Member # 51578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought Barry Windham did a nice ddt.

Pbhero
Member # 81542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pbhero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frogs:
I always thought Barry Windham did a nice ddt.

Agreed. Early 90's WCW...lots of guys with good DDT's....Jake, Barry, Hayes, Garvin, Dustin, Arn.
bcthomas
Member # 125485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcthomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bcthomas:
 -

Doesn't get much better than the classic Double A "feint left hand into DDT".

For whatever reason the GIF disappeared when I came back.

Weird.

-

Tatsuya
Member # 80195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tatsuya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liked Bret Hart's version. Liked how he hooked the near side arm

[ 05-18-2017, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Tatsuya ]

Rob from IA
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob from IA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too like Windham's version a lot. Also liked Foley's double arm DDT, looked kind of ugly but also looked like it would be effective.
davephlegmball
Member # 5163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davephlegmball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Snake's was better than the Milkman's.
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ted Oates threw a nice quick one.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

NYindyfan
Member # 125634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYindyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Arn's
Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Ganja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Arn's was the best period.

--------------------

I don't like the divorce font!
---
Your old lady's old lady has got skinnier legs!!!
---
And BABY DOLL...shame on you mama...cause I know you better than anyone!

Mississippi fan
Member # 444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mississippi fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jake was the best.
hegs
Member # 6125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hegs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another vote for Double A
FuzzFace
Member # 98738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzFace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

--------------------
FREE BEER PARTY 7-8 PM FOR ALL FANS

doublenogginknocker
Member # 39765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublenogginknocker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rob from IA:
Also liked Foley's double arm DDT, looked kind of ugly but also looked like it would be effective.

I like Drew McIntyre's version of this DDT, the leg swing really adds to the impression of force. Other guys also do the leg swing, but not this well:

-

Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of it depended on how the guy took it. Always thought the best looking DDT's were when the guy took a flat face bump, and not the goofy front roll bump.

When Jake started doing it more frequently he positioned his opponent to take it better.

MrWrestlingIIForever
Member # 7379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrWrestlingIIForever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised no one has said this yet: Ravishing Rick Rude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrLN7U9SCic

I always thought of him and Jake as two of the first people to use the move as a finisher (whether that's historically true or not). I read once that a promoter almost gave the DDT to Ronnie Garvin instead of Jake...would've made him even more legit tough IMO.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations