WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » OT: R.I.P Chris Cornell

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: R.I.P Chris Cornell
GreenManalishi
Member # 3200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreenManalishi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vocalist of Soundgarden and Audioslave has passed away. He was 52

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/chris-cornell-dead-soundgarden-audioslave-aged-52-a7742046.html

IP: Logged
Shropshire Slasher
Member # 123456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shropshire Slasher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WTF.
stlbrodyfan
Member # 6195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stlbrodyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorite bands when I was younger. Cornell was one of my favorite vocalist from this era. This one hurts. RIP.
Duke Of Dorchester
Member # 6218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duke Of Dorchester   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really sad. Great hard rocker, RIP...

--------------------
[[[----------]]]

Kilroy
Member # 53

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kilroy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one stings...
REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An apparent suicide according to police:

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroit/ap-rocker-chris-cornell-from-soundgarden-has-died-at-age-52-in-detroit

PTH
Member # 3737

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PTH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His cover of Nothing Compares to U and Billie Jean (specifically the version from the acoustic concert he did in Sweden) is simply amazing.

Incredibly talented and had pipes. Wasn't the biggest Soundgarden fan but really liked his solo stuff and Audioslave.

FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow up and saw this and just went not today. About to just go back to bed. RIP.
bcthomas
Member # 125485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcthomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may seem like a hot take given the circumstances, but I've always thought Soundgarden made a very good case for the title of "Best Band of the 90's"
Kilroy
Member # 53

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kilroy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bcthomas:
This may seem like a hot take given the circumstances, but I've always thought Soundgarden made a very good case for the title of "Best Band of the 90's"

I think they'd easily be a contender for 2nd best, right behind Metallica. Don't think any band could touch Metallica in that decade but as far as #2 goes you may be right with them..
PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very surprised to see the news this morning. Such a monster voice and worldly famous. Can't imagine personally what he was going through to have it end like this.

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

The Eagle 2 from FL
Member # 6289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Eagle 2 from FL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P.

--------------------
"Courage is being affraid but saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

habsfan87 from NL
Member # 8038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for habsfan87 from NL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might be the most affected I've been from a celebrity death since Owen died when I was a kid. Sucks so much. "Looking California, feeling Minnesota".
NYindyfan
Member # 125634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYindyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry. I wanted to see soundgarden this year too. I saw them 3 years ago and they were amazing. The guy could really belt them out
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't always assume a person hanging from a noose is a suicide.

Remember, Adrienne Shelly turned out to be a murder a few days after her death was originally ruled a suicide.

And then there are the David Carradine, Ray Combs, and Michael Hutchence deaths, which were likely from autoerotic asphyxiation.

Either way, this one hurts. That dude's voice was a weapon.

NYindyfan
Member # 125634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYindyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And his voice was still the same all the way up till the end
unclefester
Member # 17559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unclefester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never heard of this gentleman until today but it's obvious he was a talent and admired by many.

And you know the old saying about these "celebrity passings" happening in groups of three??

In my local newspapers obit column today came news that both James Deen and Bill Swan had recently expired...

I guess it's true...to a greater or lesser extent...

[ 05-18-2017, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: unclefester ]

--------------------
Two out of three falls with a 60 minute time limit...

The Average Malenko
Member # 3504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Average Malenko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"SIGH"

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suicide is so painful. RIP

--------------------
"If I had realized that you people would be so damned stupid as to give the world champion $750,000, I would have made myself the champion." — Ole Anderson, to the executives at WCW and WTBS

Someone from Rwanda
Member # 22010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Someone from Rwanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Kilroy
Member # 53

quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
Don't always assume a person hanging from a noose is a suicide.

Remember, Adrienne Shelly turned out to be a murder a few days after her death was originally ruled a suicide.

And then there are the David Carradine, Ray Combs, and Michael Hutchence deaths, which were likely from autoerotic asphyxiation.

Either way, this one hurts. That dude's voice was a weapon.

Agreed on all that but Ray Combs, he was mentally ill and was actually being held at a facility when he hung himself with a shirt or something, he legit killed himself..the other two, yeah..

That said, Cornell's wife is now saying she thinks he may have taken too much of his anxiety medicine and one of the side effects of that is suicidal thoughts. Seeing more and more reports about his final show and apparently he was REALLY off and saying crazy stuff, he was sluggish, etc. That's why his wife had his friend check on him apparently, she thought something wasn't right with him..

Course, hell, maybe she's just looking for someone to sue when it's all over..who knows..

Future Endeavor
Member # 1470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future Endeavor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kilroy:
quote:
Originally posted by bcthomas:

I think they'd easily be a contender for 2nd best, right behind Metallica. Don't think any band could touch Metallica in that decade but as far as #2 goes you may be right with them..
Saw both bands Lollapalooza summer '96 between Hogan's heel turn and 2Pac's death. I was 18 yrs old.

Grunge is so overrated, especially it didn't really last that long. Nirvana gets all the praise, but I liked Soundgarden and Alice in Chains. The late 90s was awful, but I had respect for Cornell when he went solo. Audioslave was also great.

RIP to another artist from my teenage years. He joins Kurt Cobain, Layne Stanley, and Scott Weiland. STP may not be from Seattle, but they were as relevant for that sub-genre of rock.

--------------------
You can take the Hockey out of Canada, but you can't take the Canadian out of Hockey.

http://www.facebook.com/thevoiceofyourchoice

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations