WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Bonham Texas May 16 1970 - Wahoo, Malenko

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bonham Texas May 16 1970 - Wahoo, Malenko
oldguy
Member # 630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oldguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a clipping from a card from May 16th 1970.

Who was Zipper Secuno(a)?

-

IP: Logged
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike (Baron) Scicluna. Should have been 'Ripper', not 'Zipper', but, you know... Texas. Couldn't spell 'Soto', either.

So long from the Sunshine State!

[ 05-17-2017, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask from FL ]

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust
Member # 76599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess that most posters would know that Lord (Charles) Montague was Jacob Grobbe aka Hans "The Great" Mortier.

Grobbe also wrestled as Dutch Howlett, Great Zorra, Tarzan Zorra, Great Zorro, Tarzan Zorro, Mighty Zorro, Zorro, Dr X and Mr X, among other names.

He was a globe trotter who wrestled from 1946 to the 1970s in locations including the USA, Canada, Australia (in 1955, 1956 and 1957), New Zealand, Japan, Great Britain, South Korea, Bahamas, Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico.

Grobbe was born in the Netherlands in 1924 and passed away in 2010.

Starchild0224
Member # 4940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starchild0224     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a minor thing, but that's not Bonham, Tx. That's actually Howe or Sherman, Tx. Bonham is east of Sherman about 35 miles. 6 miles south of Sherman on 75 is actually a little town called Howe. Not that it matters, though.

--------------------
I agree with James Beard.

WahooFan
Member # 2026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WahooFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the first time I've ever seen a card that had to describe who Wahoo was. He was "colorful" though.

--------------------
Arnold Palmer: "Gary Player eats bacon when no one's watching."

gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Top Negro Star?

--------------------
gulascantfoolus is the greatest
user name EVER regardless of any silly contest

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations