WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Any specific dates for catchphrases being said for the first time?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any specific dates for catchphrases being said for the first time?
Lucky Starr
Member # 1807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky Starr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all know about ''Austin 3:16'' at King of The Ring and ''finally The Rock has come back to...'' at the Owen Hart Tribute Show, but how about the following:

''The best there is, the best there was...''

''Break your back and make you humble''

''Whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you''

''You Can't See Me''

Edit: Feel free to add other popular catchphrases from any era.

[ 05-17-2017, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Lucky Starr ]

--------------------
The STATION CLUB 80 Radio Show - playing all the music genres from the 80s every 3rd Saturday of the month
Official FB page: https://www.facebook.com/stationclub80/

IP: Logged
TerryR
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lucky Starr:
We all know about ''Austin 3:16'' at King of The Ring and ''finally The Rock has come back to...'' at the Owen Hart Tribute Show, but how about the following:

''Break your back and make you humble''

''Whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you''

''You Can't See Me''

Edit: Feel free to add other popular catchphrases from any era.

The only one that I can think of off the top with any certainty is "Smell what I'm cookin'?". I am fairly certain that the Rock said it first in his Gennifer Flowers interview at one of the Wrestlemanias. He said if he "was judge and jury, he'd be a hung jury. Smell what I'm cookin'?"
HMFiles from WA
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HMFiles from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lucky Starr:
''finally The Rock has come back to...'' at the Owen Hart Tribute Show

He was saying that before that show. The earliest date I can confirm would be the Raw in Hartford after Backlash, literally minutes before he turned face. Before that? Maybe.

--------------------
Here's to Mark.

HMFiles from WA
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HMFiles from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I think Bret coined that catchphrase in his first stage promo with Mean Gene after beating Flair in 1992.

--------------------
Here's to Mark.

Corkscrew Elbow
Member # 123008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corkscrew Elbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prime the Pump has only been around a couple of weeks.
HMFiles from WA
Member # 598

Was "No Chance In Hell" specifically from Vince's promo announcing his entry to the 1999 Royal Rumble? Or was he already using that phrase in 1998?

--------------------
Here's to Mark.

The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be the man...ya gotta BEAT the man!
A Gene Wilder Somersault
Member # 128207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Gene Wilder Somersault     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corkscrew Elbow:
Prime the Pump has only been around a couple of weeks.

Lol, brilliant.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations