WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » OT: NASCAR Hot Pass

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: NASCAR Hot Pass
PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know there a few NASCAR afficienado's on the board here. So my father and I are going to the Coca Cola 600 in Charlotte next weekend. We have Hot Pass tickets that let us roam the pits/garage area and what not during the race. Anybody here ever purchase a Hot Pass for a NASCAR race? If so, what was your experience?

[ 05-15-2017, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: PartsUnknown77 From ND ]

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

IP: Logged
Guacamole Anderson
Member # 5859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guacamole Anderson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had hot passes and a hard card over the years via my work.

- Buy a lanyard as soon as you get to the track (or bring one if you have one). It makes it easy to flash your pass whenever entering restricted areas. Some tracks require you to keep your photo ID in your lanyard and they do occasionally check.

- PAY ATTENTION at all times to your surroundings. Stay out of the way of the crews and cars. I've seen people almost get run over because they're looking at their phones or not paying attention.

- Pit road before the race is usually awesome. Use good judgment if approaching a driver and don't be pushy. Be prepared to be herded off pit road VERY quickly and abruptly, usually before the National Anthem.

- Give yourself time to head up to your seats. It can easily take 20 minutes or more to get from the infield to the grandstands.

- The pathway behind the pit boxes is usually pretty narrow. Don't stand in the middle of the path, as lots of teams pull carts and other stuff through there and don't like it when it gets bottlenecked.

- They used to require long pants and closed-toe shoes for pit access, but I think they've relaxed this in recent years. Check and be sure.

- Have fun and enjoy it!

PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you GA! Really looking forward to the experience and seeing ALL the action up close.

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

Shropshire Slasher
Member # 123456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shropshire Slasher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know NASCAR allowed Hot Passes to the public. They have always been reserved for crews, media and sponsors.
Kilroy
Member # 53

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kilroy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shropshire Slasher:
I didn't know NASCAR allowed Hot Passes to the public. They have always been reserved for crews, media and sponsors.

If you have contacts with a team or driver you can get them. We had hot passes for around 5-6 races back in the day when Andy Houston was driving Cup, he got them for us..

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations