WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » OT-RIP Powers Boothe

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT-RIP Powers Boothe
Gabriel Kinson
Member # 127007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabriel Kinson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/Deadwood-Actor-Powers-Boothe-Dies-422219113.html

I remember him mostly for his role in Red Dawn and as Curly Bill in Tombstone.

"Y'all killed two cowboys"

IP: Logged
Steve Ogilvie
Member # 5116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Ogilvie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a bummer. I thought he was terrific in Southern Comfort.

--------------------
"Mr 100%"

BVRF05: Eddie Gilbert Fan
Member # 5853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BVRF05: Eddie Gilbert Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gave a really terrific performance as Jim Jones in the miniseries Guyana Tragedy on CBS.

RIP.

--------------------
Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have ~ James Baldwin

I will never apologize for who I am! Do you really think I care what you think about me? You obviously don't know me.

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just recently did a great stint on Agents of SHIELD, picking up as the lead heel after they killed off his longtime buddy Bill Paxton (they met on Tombstone and then Paxton cast Powers in Frailty). Crazy they'd pass within such proximity.

[ 05-15-2017, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Shaving Weezie Jefferson ]

Stephen Gennarelli
Member # 21747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Gennarelli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was good in anything he did. RIP.
Stomper from SK
Member # 5703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stomper from SK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought he was fantastic as Cy Tolliver in the TV series Deadwood. As Stephen said, he seemed to be very good in everything he did.

--------------------
"When he's through counting his bruises, he'll revert to the farm life he left in Carbon, Alberta, when he embarked an his wrestling career. The Stomper credits Stu Hart with launching his career and adding polish to his techniques and strength to his body. He's come a long way since he left Hart's basement gym a decade ago." (by Hal Walker, from the CALGARY HERALD, Jan. 6, 1974)

Curt Injurker
Member # 6203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt Injurker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a movie of immortal one-liners, the best line in Tombstone might well be:

"Well......bye"

Great character actor - lent credibility to every project, big or small, he was involved in.

Golem
Member # 21242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Golem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The character actor died at 68 in his sleep May 14 of unknown causes.

Entertainment Weekly obit

Wikipedia

IMDb

Boothe's Emmy-award winning performance as Jim Jones:

From the original Red Dawn (1984):

Goodbye and RIP, Mr. Boothe

oldguy
Member # 630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oldguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A fine actor with a great voice. I first became aware of him in the Jim Jones movie that was posted above. That was just such a commanding performance. And then of course all the work he did after that. And I really liked him in that Hatfield and McCoys series that was on a few years ago with Kevin Costner. A great character on a great miniseries.
Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot he was in Hatfields and McCoys. That's (arguably) two of the three leads to have passed away in a matter of weeks with Bill Paxton too.
djangoska
Member # 10798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djangoska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Mr. Boothe thank you for your movies and being one hell of an actor!!

--------------------
Majority rule wont work in a mental institution.

Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was really good as Phillip Marlowe. And had a small role in Cruising with Al Pacino as the store owner that explains the 'Hanky Code' to Al Pacino.

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

snortrumble
Member # 8864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snortrumble     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He did a film with Nick Nolte about twenty-five or more years ago. Can't recall the name of it, but Mr. Boothe more than held his own with Nolte.
djangoska
Member # 10798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djangoska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snortrumble:
He did a film with Nick Nolte about twenty-five or more years ago. Can't recall the name of it, but Mr. Boothe more than held his own with Nolte.

Extreme Prejudice is the movie you are thinking of.

--------------------
Majority rule wont work in a mental institution.

John Williamson
Member # 127199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad to see this. He was a very good actor in everything. Someone mentioned 'Frailty'- hell of an underrated movie.

Another film I loved (and I seem to be in the minority) was U-Turn, a really blackly comic movie.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations