WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » RF Video

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RF Video
Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody know any of the guys from RF Video back in the day? I use to order from them quite a bit back in the VHS days. Was there a split between Rob and Eric Gargiulo? Was Eric a part owner or partner or what? Who was the original guys there? I just remember Rob Feinstein, Eric Garguilo and Doug Gentry. Are any of them still in or around the wrestling business? What was the guys name who was with them that started ROH?

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

IP: Logged
Stephen Gennarelli
Member # 21747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Gennarelli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug Gentry passed away a few years ago, I believe.
codystarbuck
Member # 27176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for codystarbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Claymation Quartermain:
Does anybody know any of the guys from RF Video back in the day? I use to order from them quite a bit back in the VHS days. Was there a split between Rob and Eric Gargiulo? Was Eric a part owner or partner or what? Who was the original guys there? I just remember Rob Feinstein, Eric Garguilo and Doug Gentry. Are any of them still in or around the wrestling business? What was the guys name who was with them that started ROH?

Gabe Sapolsky is the one who started Ring of Honor.

Feinstein kept a lower profile after getting busted in a police sting; but, is still producing the most boring interviews that never ask follow-up questions or probe deeper into what is said and look like they were shot by a high school student who fell asleep behind the camera.

--------------------
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it’s as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues." —Terry Pratchett

Lucky Starr
Member # 1807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky Starr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just going to ask about this...

--------------------
The STATION CLUB 80 Radio Show - playing all the music genres from the 80s every 3rd Saturday of the month
Official FB page: https://www.facebook.com/stationclub80/

Shropshire Slasher
Member # 123456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shropshire Slasher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RF is still going but Feinstein sold his part of ROH years ago after the sting.
reckoning
Member # 25020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reckoning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by codystarbuck:

Feinstein kept a lower profile after getting busted in a police sting; but, is still producing the most boring interviews that never ask follow-up questions or probe deeper into what is said and look like they were shot by a high school student who fell asleep behind the camera.

I'm kind of surprised that they're still being produced. You'd think that with all the podcasts around today, as well as free stuff on youtube, that there wouldn't be as much demand for them anymore.

[ 05-14-2017, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: reckoning ]

scizott792
Member # 5330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scizott792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will RF still send you free tapes if you photocopy his giant video list?
Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They don't produce nearly as many shoot interviews as they used to. I'm surprised Feinstein doesn't just sell his archive to Highspots, WWN or FloSlam.
the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Happ Hazzard:
They don't produce nearly as many shoot interviews as they used to. I'm surprised Feinstein doesn't just sell his archive to Highspots, WWN or FloSlam.

as someone said earlier though shoot interviews I would expect to die out

Why pay for something when chances are you can hear it on the huge amount of free podcasts

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

davephlegmball
Member # 5163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davephlegmball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What ever happened to Eric Gargiulo? I thought he was a darn good announcer (for CZW, IIRC).
NYindyfan
Member # 125634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYindyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to buy off Rob Feinstein when it was just him doing it out of his basement. He had an awesome selection, but once dvd's took over he just sh-tcanned all that stuff and stopped selling them and never transferred it. Now it's all just shoots and commercial dvd's.
White Fang from WA
Member # 1458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for White Fang from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the bear:
quote:
Originally posted by Happ Hazzard:

as someone said earlier though shoot interviews I would expect to die out

Why pay for something when chances are you can hear it on the huge amount of free podcasts

Who could have predicted back then that the ones who were holding out to make it a bigger deal when they finally did a taped shoot (not being critical of the strategy) ended up missing out on $$ entirely?

--------------------
The reason raindances work is because they don't stop dancing until it rains.

Werdna
Member # 38248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Werdna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'LL PRETEND YOU SAID 18 LOL
Vulture
Member # 10205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vulture     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll get to that

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations