WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Giveaways/tipoffs that someone can't fight worth a damn (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Giveaways/tipoffs that someone can't fight worth a damn
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kronk? Ever hear Hearns talk about Leonard when there were no cameras on? I guess Hearns couldn't fight either on TV Reality Planet.

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

IP: Logged
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said it dont impress me when people act like 7th graders, you say it impresses you.. I prefer when people just chill

whats the issue?? you believe in something I dont

[ 05-17-2017, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: King Francis ]

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THERE'S the issue. You decide I said something I never said instead of listening to what I DID say. Lemme help. Here's the short version:

REAL FIGHTERS TALK SH*T.

--------------------

King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry, I listened and rejected your thoughts...

but whatever you think that makes you happy, is good, still dont see why you have an issue, but that's not my problem

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Norrin Radd
Member # 78547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norrin Radd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I originally said "the truest giveaway that someone can't fight is by the amount his/her mouth moves" I meant it in the context of a person who wasn't a fighter by profession. It should go without saying that a guy who makes his living fighting can actually ******* fight no matter how much noise he talks. How is that hard?

--------------------
“If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.” - Lyndon Baines Johnson

Tatsuya
Member # 80195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tatsuya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just regarding the Nash/Piper incident, what I recall is that Piper's bodyguard got into it with Nash and Nash got the better of the scuffle
brawler2711
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fat guys that yell at smaller guys wearing flip flops.

--------------------
Sir Tojo: "I used Brut in the late '60's-early '70's. Used to splash it all over my crotch area after a shower--no joke.I used to get some funny reactions to that back in my early 20's. Fond memories."

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by Norrin Radd:
When I originally said "the truest giveaway that someone can't fight is by the amount his/her mouth moves" I meant it in the context of a person who wasn't a fighter by profession. It should go without saying that a guy who makes his living fighting can actually ******* fight no matter how much noise he talks. How is that hard?

Point being even simpler---a guy who can fight can fight no matter how much noise he talks. Not hard either.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:
sorry, I listened and rejected your thoughts...

but whatever you think that makes you happy, is good, still dont see why you have an issue, but that's not my problem

Amazing. Well, enjoy your fantasy world.

--------------------

Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been around a lot of tough guys, professional fighters and guys who thought they were fighters. And I can tell you the old saying never judge a book by it's cover rings true with fighting.

I've seen, even recently a guy who walked with such a bad limp he appeared to be unstable. But when it came time to fight he was completely a different person. Sprawled with the speed of a D1 wrestler and unloaded a barrage of punches as quick as you'll see.

Here's the thing with fighting. There are people out there. Who with very little to no legitimate training that can instinctively punch with ridiculous power. Then you have some who can train for decades and never get that power. You have people of everyday life that have that certain mentality that leads to being tough. It comes in all size and shapes.

Every year we read and hear from the experts who the toughest or best fighters are, only to have those predictions blow up in their face. So as much as we know and as much as we think we know, in a fight. Anything can happen.

--------------------
follow me on twitter at: @mattfarmer93
www.defywrestling.com
http://mlwradio.com/

Norrin Radd
Member # 78547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norrin Radd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
quote:

Point being even simpler---a guy who can fight can fight no matter how much noise he talks. Not hard either.
I'm not saying professional fighters who are trying to sell a fight with their mouths can't fight. I'm not that dense.

I highly doubt when out and about in the world guys like Jones, et al run off at the mouth at how tough they are and how much ass they can kick. They know they can, so no need to advertise it. In my experience, dudes who do claim to be uber bad asses do so because they're not. It's like the guy who claims he gets loads of p*ussy. A dude who does has no reason to brag.

--------------------
“If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.” - Lyndon Baines Johnson

Pillsbury
Member # 43540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pillsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude please.I know people that are legitimate ******* bullies that go out looking for fights,run their mouths and then win or lose are out running g their mouth again.They dont care.Alot of people I grew up with are like that,we all talked sh*t.This thought that real tough guys talk softly and carry a big stick is fantasy projecting of what you think a tough person is.Some tough people are like that,some aren't.Some football players dance in the end zone and some just hand the ball to the ref.There's more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Also,I don't know one dude,not one,who gets mad p*ssy and doesn't let his boys know about it loudly and proudly,lol.

--------------------
Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have FIVE SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!.......FIVE!!!

Vulture
Member # 10205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vulture     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Farmer from WA:
Been around a lot of tough guys, professional fighters and guys who thought they were fighters. And I can tell you the old saying never judge a book by it's cover rings true with fighting.

I've seen, even recently a guy who walked with such a bad limp he appeared to be unstable. But when it came time to fight he was completely a different person. Sprawled with the speed of a D1 wrestler and unloaded a barrage of punches as quick as you'll see.

Here's the thing with fighting. There are people out there. Who with very little to no legitimate training that can instinctively punch with ridiculous power. Then you have some who can train for decades and never get that power. You have people of everyday life that have that certain mentality that leads to being tough. It comes in all size and shapes.

Every year we read and hear from the experts who the toughest or best fighters are, only to have those predictions blow up in their face. So as much as we know and as much as we think we know, in a fight. Anything can happen.

The giveaway/tipoff doesn't have to be purely aesthetic. Like bad limp guy, if he were a pro wrestler, you would think he would activate the fighting footwork or show some handspeed at some point in time.

I'm happy to guestimate wrong. This is for discussion not gambling. But I don't think it's completely unreasonable to use certain known characteristics to take an educated guess about how someone might fare in a fight. Like CM's Dusty hat snatching example. Speed is good to have for a fight. If he shows us he has speed, thats a point in favor of fighting potential. If he never ever did, that's a point against.

I'm not saying it can be done with scientific 100% accuracy, but maybe in a more likely than not, more often than not, "on paper" way.

Like I would venture a guess that Rocky Johnson (Rock's dad) in his prime, could beat Hulk Hogan in a boxing match. I don't know every variable. But I have seen Rocky do that great shadowboxing spot and I've seen Hulk try to hit a heavy bag. My money is on Rocky.

[ 05-17-2017, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Vulture ]

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
I'm not saying professional fighters who are trying to sell a fight with their mouths can't fight. I'm not that dense.

I highly doubt when out and about in the world guys like Jones, et al run off at the mouth at how tough they are and how much ass they can kick. They know they can, so no need to advertise it. In my experience, dudes who do claim to be uber bad asses do so because they're not. It's like the guy who claims he gets loads of p*ussy. A dude who does has no reason to brag.

Nice theory, except that was bts footage. They didn't know it was recording. That was Jones and Cormier actually talking to each other.

[ 05-17-2017, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask from FL ]

--------------------

Outlaw Dick
Member # 128734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outlaw Dick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by davephlegmball:
quote:
Originally posted by Outlaw Dick:
I love the guy... He's a legend... But...

Watch and observe Clint Eastwood throw down in "Every Which Way But Loose"/"Any Which Way You Can"...

I am not sure what this means.
Meaning Clint's jab could pass as serviceable... But what I assume he tried to pass off as hooks and crosses, consisted of raising his left and right arms to shoulder level and doing some kinda strange contortion of his upper torso...and this was with liberal assistance of camera angles in a feeble attempt at making them look legit.

The Gall of it all was the fact he was able to kayo the great William Smith with that weak crap...
Hell man, if these two men would've squared off beneath the deck of a freighter , Smith would've made him his b*tch faster than u can say "Herbert Jefferson"!

Ah.. The Falconetti sodomy references never lose their luster;)

[ 05-17-2017, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Outlaw Dick ]

--------------------
"When you have to shoot, shoot; don't talk"

KJL
Member # 3872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KJL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top signs for me:

- personal mobility scooters
- anime t-shirts
- raccoon suits or other "furry" attire
- socks with sandals

--------------------
"Jeez, the thread was going better when people were calling each other cokeheads and homos." -Crimson Mask from FL

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know one thing , in the summer of 1988, I saw of a buddy of mine who was 6'2, 240 and a college football prospect get his ass handed to him by a guy about 5'6, 160 in Panama City Beach, FL. No one ever had bothered my buddy and he was a big ___ talker, always telling everyone how bad he was, though no one had really ever seen him fight.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by KJL:
Top signs for me:

- personal mobility scooters
- anime t-shirts
- raccoon suits or other "furry" attire
- socks with sandals

Well, there's them.

--------------------

PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Coach:
I know one thing , in the summer of 1988, I saw of a buddy of mine who was 6'2, 240 and a college football prospect get his ass handed to him by a guy about 5'6, 160 in Panama City Beach, FL. No one ever had bothered my buddy and he was a big ___ talker, always telling everyone how bad he was, though no one had really ever seen him fight.

Reminds me of the clip of Roger Huerta tearing apart a guy twice his size down in Austin a Texas after the guy punched a woman in front of him. You don't have to be big to be a complete buzzsaw.

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations