WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Billy Corgan purchases National Wrestling Alliance (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Billy Corgan purchases National Wrestling Alliance
Dan P-170
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P-170     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Cornette was flirting with the idea of joining the NWA since at least late 1992 as the Observer reported that both he and Coralluzzo had expressed interest (Dennis was admitted that November).

His application for membership was tabled at the NWA meeting in September 1993 because he was managing WWF champion Yokozuna and they wanted to be sure he and Smoky Mountain would recognize the NWA champion as the only world champion. They were supposedly going to admit him once that ceased and held onto the check covering his initiation and dues, but I think he stopped payment on it and never became a member.

IP: Logged
ZEKER
Member # 4727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZEKER         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah as I think about, I either saw that Cornette / NWA thing in (how is this for an Internet flashback) the WAWLI papers or the RSPW FAQ...
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations