WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Terry Funk vs. Mike Graham in Florida match question.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Terry Funk vs. Mike Graham in Florida match question.
SHOOTER
Member # 26761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOOTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently watched a dvd that contained a few minutes of film highlights of a match between Terry Funk and Mike Graham. I was curious if this was an NWA title defense and if not I was wondering what year it was from? There is no mention of the title during Gordon Solie's commentary and Eddie Graham is sitting in Mike's corner on a chair on the floor. The film jumps a lot to different parts of the match. At one point Gordon says that time is rapidly running out for Funk. The end shows Funk laying on his side with Graham sitting on top working Funk's arm. It then cuts to Mike and Eddie standing in the corner of the ring and Gordon says that Mike has carried on the proud tradition of the Graham family name. No mention of who won. Maybe a draw?.. Mike is wearing the red over the shoulder singlet he usually wore in the mid 70's before IIRC switching to usually black or blue around late '77 or early '78 while teaming with Steve Keirn. I did see a Funk career match history listing Terry beating Mike in Tampa on 5-25-76... Thanks for any info.
IP: Logged
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Time running out for Funk' would seem to mean he was challenging for a title, not defending one, if anything. If it was early in the match that would suggest a TV title. On house shows, the TV title would be at stake only for the first 10 minutes. On TV the match would be 10 minute limit.

So long from the Sunshine State!

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

SHOOTER
Member # 26761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOOTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Based on Mike's red singlet I'm now thinking maybe it was a match from Funk's time in Florida in '75 before he was champ.
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty sure Mike wore the red singlet throughout the late '70s as well (even when teaming with Steve).

The color is off in this 1980 clip but I think it's the red singlet...

[ 04-21-2017, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Shaving Weezie Jefferson ]

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations