WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Video: Michael Hayes vs Tracy Smothers,,

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Video: Michael Hayes vs Tracy Smothers,,
Wolverine
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolverine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
,,in 1999 WWF!

IP: Logged
Cattle_Mutilation
Member # 59807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cattle_Mutilation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whaaaat I don't remember this at all? Obviously he managed them but I don't remember him having matches. Was this his last in ring appearance aside from the gimmick battle royal at WM?

[ 04-20-2017, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Cattle_Mutilation ]

--------------------
Never Drew A Dime!

Any person applying for the position of pro wrestling referee must be of physical unfitness to the degree that the slightest nudge would render him irretrievably unconscious.

Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cattle_Mutilation:
Whaaaat I don't remember this at all? Obviously he managed them but I don't remember him having matches. Was this his last in ring appearance aside from the gimmick battle royal at WM?

They had a handicap tag vs APA at Fully Loaded after that
Vulture
Member # 10205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vulture     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a fun match, actually.
ponyplayer19
Member # 8537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponyplayer19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad.
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Despite popular opinion, Michael was a really good worker. He may have been physically shot by that point but in terms of being a guy who knew what to do and when to do it, he was better in the above match than he was in the Freebird glory years.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
Despite popular opinion, Michael was a really good worker. He may have been physically shot by that point but in terms of being a guy who knew what to do and when to do it, he was better in the above match than he was in the Freebird glory years.

Kinda brings us back to the whole wrestler/worker/performer thing. Hayes - not a great wrestler, but excellent worker/performer. Fair to say?
tamalie from MN
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamalie from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Hayes and the Hardys also had a six man tag against the Brood and there may have been another bout or two. Hayes did spots and took bumps regularly on the house show circuit. I think Hayes and the Hardys were together for about three or four months. Matt Hardy later said, in a good natured manner, that those months on the road nearly killed him. Hayes still lived the Freebird lifestyle and the Hardys were along for the ride as willing and sometimes reluctant travelers when it came to hitting the bars and getting into stuff that made fodder for road stories later.
REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hayes had worked the Power Pro promotion in Memphis for a few weeks prior to knock off the ring rust.
Cattle_Mutilation
Member # 59807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cattle_Mutilation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:

This is exactly what I thought - that's some of the best looking work I've seen from him!

--------------------
Never Drew A Dime!

Any person applying for the position of pro wrestling referee must be of physical unfitness to the degree that the slightest nudge would render him irretrievably unconscious.

brawler2711
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GD pal, it should be Dok Hendrix vs Freddie Jo Floyd pal.

--------------------
Sir Tojo: "I used Brut in the late '60's-early '70's. Used to splash it all over my crotch area after a shower--no joke.I used to get some funny reactions to that back in my early 20's. Fond memories."

Cattle_Mutilation
Member # 59807

quote:
Originally posted by REO Speeddealer:
Hayes had worked the Power Pro promotion in Memphis for a few weeks prior to knock off the ring rust.

Aha! That makes sense

--------------------
Never Drew A Dime!

mckinneydg
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a big fan of Hayes managing The Hardy Boyz, and I was interested in him managing Tyson Kidd too. That didn't last but one appearance or so though. IIRC Tyson Kidd tried on different managers at that time, but I could be mistaken.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

T. Joe Kerplunko
Member # 4983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T. Joe Kerplunko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by REO Speeddealer:

some of that run has been posted on YouTube
PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was Somthers brought in to work Hayes specifically being he was also a veteran worker?

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

p-man from MD
Member # 937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for p-man from MD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PartsUnknown77 From ND:
Was Somthers brought in to work Hayes specifically being he was also a veteran worker?

Something didn't look quite right about Smothers' work. It was as if he was trying to look like an inexperienced wrestler even though he'd been in the business 15 or so years at this point.
Cattle_Mutilation
Member # 59807

That Hayes promo was pretty incredible. I've just been watching some of these. Prichard did a hell of a promo too:

Also by all accounts Hayes won the Power Pro championship around this time.

[ 04-21-2017, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Cattle_Mutilation ]

--------------------
Never Drew A Dime!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations