WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Studd and Bundy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Studd and Bundy
elijahkareem
Member # 6045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elijahkareem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why did they not get a run with WWF tag team titles? I thought the reason being was Studd leaving the company in 86. I would have love to see them when the straps, and since Studd was leaving have then drop them to the Bulldogs.
IP: Logged
dthcm
Member # 56183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dthcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They may have not needed the belts. They had a good feud going with the Machines.
John Williamson
Member # 127199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long did that program go on for? I remember the promos and a few Machines TV matches but didn't think it went on very long (6months would be my guess)
Stephen Gennarelli
Member # 21747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Gennarelli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC correctly, the Machines arrived around June and they winded it down in Sept/Oct.
The Machines "gimmick" just seemed like, in my opinion, to be a complete waste of time. The matches with Studd and Bundy gave 4 guys something to do...but it was a feud that nobody really bought into.

The Midnight Lurker
Member # 1084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Midnight Lurker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They seemed to be teasing a split before Studd left.
Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Ganja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the reason behind Studd's departure anyway?

--------------------
Your old lady's old lady has got skinnier legs!!!
---
And BABY DOLL...shame on you mama...cause I know you better than anyone!

Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Ganja:
What was the reason behind Studd's departure anyway?

Burnout, injuries, Hollywood, etc.
Robot Monster
Member # 41971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robot Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a Studd-Bundy run as tag champs would have been awesome, even if it doesn't seem to fit what the tag titles were in that time/place. If Studd was gone by the end of 86 and Bundy's future by spring 87 was splashing Little Beaver, why not give them the tag titles, build them up and then just feed them to the Bulldogs?

Not that I could see VKM putting guys like the Bulldogs over guys that looked like Studd and Bundy. But Prichard says that VKM really likes Mighty Mouse, and this would have made the Bulldogs as the ultimate Mighty Mouse team.

Maybe keep Studd around through spring '87, let the Bulldogs get their titles back from Studd and Bundy at WM3 with a win that shows off Davey Boy's power and gets Dynamite over as an unbreakable underdog scrapper.

[ 04-20-2017, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Robot Monster ]

TerryR
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved the team as a kid and they were my go to wrestling figure team in the LJN days.
REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Gennarelli:
IIRC correctly, the Machines arrived around June and they winded it down in Sept/Oct.
The Machines "gimmick" just seemed like, in my opinion, to be a complete waste of time. The matches with Studd and Bundy gave 4 guys something to do...but it was a feud that nobody really bought into.

I wasn't into the feud, but it did lay the groundwork for Andre's turn.

[ 04-20-2017, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: REO Speeddealer ]

Erndogg12 from Gratwick, USA
Member # 5559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Erndogg12 from Gratwick, USA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Agreed, but the promo with Heenan when he put Bundy and Studd in masks was hilarious.

--------------------
"Tito Santana is like a cue ball -- the more you strike him, the more English you get out of him," Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by REO Speeddealer:
quote:

How so exactly?
Pillsbury
Member # 43540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pillsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerryR:
Loved the team as a kid and they were my go to wrestling figure team in the LJN days.

Dude,me too.I even extended the belts with tape to fit around them.

--------------------
Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have FIVE SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!.......FIVE!!!

Rob from IA
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob from IA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
quote:
Originally posted by REO Speeddealer:
quote:

How so exactly?
Andre wrestled as the Giant Machine when he was suspended, and Heenan was the one who got him re-instated.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations