WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » RIP Matthew Anoa'i/WWE's Rosey

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIP Matthew Anoa'i/WWE's Rosey
mckinneydg
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/46140/Former-WWE-Superstar-Rosey-of-3-Minute-Warning-Passes-Away/

Apparently confirmed by his wife on FB according to that article.

He is also Roman Reigns' older brother.

WWE confirmed it.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/854356076422205440

[ 04-18-2017, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: mckinneydg ]

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

IP: Logged
mckinneydg
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike Johnson of PWInsider has shared it on Twitter. Waiting on Meltzer to weigh-in on it.

https://twitter.com/MikePWInsider/status/854349918781272064

Michael Hayes

https://twitter.com/MichaelPSHayes1/status/854351667592036356

[ 04-18-2017, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: mckinneydg ]

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dammit
mckinneydg
Member # 48545

I liked 3 Minute Warning. Was a fun gimmick at that time with Bischoff on Raw.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

mckinneydg
Member # 48545

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/854356076422205440

WWE confirmed it.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sucks. Both members of the team now gone.
mckinneydg
Member # 48545

I barely remembered until I saw the picture that Umaga was the other member of that team. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with all the members of that family and I say that with no disrespect intended. There's a lot of them and lot of different gimmicks.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn Rosey, Umaga and Yoko all gone now.

RIP

A Gene Wilder Somersault
Member # 128207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Gene Wilder Somersault     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In college I worked at a Blockbuster Video in the Cincinnati area, where Rosey lived. He came in all the time and would talk wrestling or whatever. He was one hell of a nice guy. RIP.
Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

quote:
Originally posted by mckinneydg:
I barely remembered until I saw the picture that Umaga was the other member of that team. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with all the members of that family and I say that with no disrespect intended. There's a lot of them and lot of different gimmicks.

True that.

Umaga = brother of Tama and Rikishi, nephew of Afa/Sika
Rosey = son of Sika, brother of Roman

TerryR
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved 3 Minute Warning.

Back when I used to buy advertising with WWE, I (or my coworkers) would get some nice perks when they were in town. The one Summerslam in Toronto I sat in the ACC restaurant with the talent during the show. Rosey sat beside us for a bit and was super nice. I remember he drank like 8 beers in a half hour. At any rate, he was very cool and so nice with us, I always rooted for him after that.

Sorry to hear about this.

Stomper from SK
Member # 5703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stomper from SK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

RIP

--------------------
"When he's through counting his bruises, he'll revert to the farm life he left in Carbon, Alberta, when he embarked an his wrestling career. The Stomper credits Stu Hart with launching his career and adding polish to his techniques and strength to his body. He's come a long way since he left Hart's basement gym a decade ago." (by Hal Walker, from the CALGARY HERALD, Jan. 6, 1974)

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be nice if maybe the fans would stop pooping on Roman for awhile.
Kid Canada
Member # 7294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Canada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw some moron on twitter post "too bad it wasn't Roman"...WTF?
The Eagle 2 from FL
Member # 6289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Eagle 2 from FL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP

--------------------
"Courage is being affraid but saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

paulsonj72
Member # 58715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulsonj72     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Canada:
Saw some moron on twitter post "too bad it wasn't Roman"...WTF?

Internet tough guy who posted that.
Mark788
Member # 4659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark788   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Rosey

Enjoyed him in 3 Minute Warning and as The Hurricane's sidekick.

Rav
Member # 6126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Matthew Anoa'i aka Rosey.

My condolences to Roman Reigns and the AnoaŹ»i family.

dthcm
Member # 56183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dthcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Billy and Chuck wedding/commitment ceremony with Bischoff and 3 Minute Warning was awesome. For that and many other things you have done, thank you and RIP.
mr. disco
Member # 1736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr. disco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dthcm:
The Billy and Chuck wedding/commitment ceremony with Bischoff and 3 Minute Warning was awesome. For that and many other things you have done, thank you and RIP.

That was one of my favorite swerves - so well done.

--------------------
"Just because you ain't paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get you." - Steve Earle

mckinneydg
Member # 48545

John Cena commented via Twitter. Nothing wrong with this, but it made me do a double-take when he referred to Roman as Joe.

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/854493453606150144

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

SLS
Member # 265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP never seen him wrestled live but always heard he was a stand up guy. He'll be missed.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations