WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Mike Jackson

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mike Jackson
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not on Facebook but someone sent me a post from a group home where he was part of a show they put on. Still looks in great shape. I always enjoyed working with Mike. Just an great guy! School teacher, softball player, and best gimmick table man I've ever witnessed.

Mike was the first underneath guy I really believed in, thanks to Gordon Solie's labeling of him Alabama Junior heavyweight Champion. Plus it seems he always manged to get some offense in with the heels generally doing some selling.

[ 04-18-2017, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: The Coach ]

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." β€” CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

IP: Logged
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike made The Road Warriors as much as Hawk, Animal, and Paul did.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

mckinneydg
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may have seen pics from that same show in Villa Rica, Ga. I asked my friend who was there if it was "Action" Mike Jackson and she confirmed it. He seems like a great guy, and has stayed in really good shape.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:

I have heard some of the boys from that era would specifically ask Ole if they could work with him.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." β€” CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did he ever lose the belt?

--------------------
gulascantfoolus is the greatest
user name EVER regardless of any silly contest

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gulascantfoolus:

Did he ever have a belt? I thought he only had "the title" (thus proving titles and belts are two entirely different things).

[ 04-18-2017, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Shaving Weezie Jefferson ]

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did he ever lose the title?

--------------------
gulascantfoolus is the greatest
user name EVER regardless of any silly contest

The Coach
Member # 6392

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gulascantfoolus:

Did he ever have a belt? I thought he only had "the title" (thus proving titles and belts are two entirely different things).
No not on TBS. Howver, I've seen him with a belt dubbed as the Alabama Jr. Heavyweight Champion several times on indy cards from the 90s until recent years ago.

[ 04-18-2017, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: The Coach ]

--------------------

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes he had a belt. It was an old AWA belt that was used in Omaha in the 60s. It was also used on Oklahoma as the North American title for a period on the early 70s. Don't know how Jackson ended up with it, but Rip Tyler owned it at one point.

For all of you guys saying what a great guy Jackson is obviously never had very close dealings with him. Very few of the boys have anything good to say about him.

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

mckinneydg
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not one of the boys so it was just based on a brief interaction at a convention.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

The Coach
Member # 6392

quote:
Originally posted by diamondmd:
Yes he had a belt. It was an old AWA belt that was used in Omaha in the 60s. It was also used on Oklahoma as the North American title for a period on the early 70s. Don't know how Jackson ended up with it, but Rip Tyler owned it at one point.

For all of you guys saying what a great guy Jackson is obviously never had very close dealings with him. Very few of the boys have anything good to say about him.

My dealings with him were good and that's what I have to base it on. However, I have had a couple of my older friends who were enhancement guys from that time gripe about his percentage fees for booking them in places especially for Watts and driving all over creation jammed in a little car. Is this what you're referring to diamondmd?

[ 04-18-2017, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: The Coach ]

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
Originally posted by The Coach:
quote:

I have heard some of the boys from that era would specifically ask Ole if they could work with him.
Crockett started bringing him up when Nikita started. Worked like a charm. Nik looked like superman by just standing there and barely doing anything.

--------------------

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Coach:
quote:
Originally posted by diamondmd:

My dealings with him were good and that's what I have to base it on. However, I have had a couple of my older friends who were enhancement guys from that time gripe about his percentage fees for booking them in places especially for Watts and driving all over creation jammed in a little car. Is this what you're referring to diamondmd?
That's part of it. Without getting too personal abou it, he's a hypocrite as to how he portrays himself and how he truly is as a person.

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations