WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » What does a WWE Legends deal entail?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What does a WWE Legends deal entail?
PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listening to Jericho's podcast with Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson this morning, the sounded hopeful to sign a Legends deal with WWE. It got me to thinking as what does the deal all entail?

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

IP: Logged
Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty sure they get booked by WWE for special appearances and get a cut of merch, some of which gets produced special for them like action figures, DVD's, etc. I don't know what kind of $$$ is involved, but many guys like Scott Steiner have turned it down because they felt it wasn't worth it, especially since they are limited as to what kind of stuff they can do without WWE approval.
Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know Honky Tonk Man turned one down as well. I think it's worth it for the guys who don't really wrestle anymore but for the guys who are doing indy shots every weekend, it's not worth it becuase WWE have some control over what you do.
Old WWWF Fan
Member # 126715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Old WWWF Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I read somewhere they get 10K for signing up and then extra for appearances.
FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I can't remember how much it is up front. I remember it being 10k years ago but it might have gone up a little since. I think they basically act as "ambassadors" for the WWE. They do WWE booked appearances, get merchandise made by WWE and a percentage of the profits, and are able to still do appearances outside of the WWE booked ones (but if under contract the WWE set up appearances take precedence over non WWE ones).
Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The money varies on the wrestler too.

WWE as also lightened up a bit when it comes to controlling bookings for Legends contracted talent. They also increased the number of bookings talent under contract can get, which helps since they are paid for those.

You'll see Legends contract guys taking a lot of convention bookings and signings now.

--------------------
email me at: inferno4l@hotmail.com
follow me on twitter at: @mattfarmer93
http://mlwradio.com/

Bionic Lungs
Member # 23051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bionic Lungs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd just want an action figure. LMBO. I'll take my own WWE Legends Ice Cream bar. [Smile]

[ 04-26-2017, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Bionic Lungs ]

--------------------
"Anytime you travel 36,000 miles above normalcy level, you will have turbulence. Anytime you mix two physically, mentally, reactive chemicals, there's gonna be boiling and there's gonna be bubbling." - Ultimate Warrior (SNME, 1/27/90)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations