WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » O/t- opinion time – and this is a doozy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: O/t- opinion time – and this is a doozy
Alfred Ticineto,
Member # 1855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alfred Ticineto,   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scenario (NOT ME) - so your ex girlfriend is pregnant, and says you're the father. You do know that you had sex with her right around the conception date, and she swears you were the only one she had sex with. Fast forward to the birth, and the baby has very light blond hair (your hair is black, your ex's hair is brown, but it was blond at birth, and her dad's side of the family is mostly blonde. Given the baby's hair color is so different from yours and your ex's, is it reasonable to think that the baby may not be yours. My niece and her ex-boyfriend and their version of days of our lives
IP: Logged
Vulture
Member # 10205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vulture     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Asking for a friend"

[Razz]

Daddy Dewdrop
Member # 3960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daddy Dewdrop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two words: DNA test.
Alfred Ticineto,
Member # 1855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alfred Ticineto,   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Dewdrop:
Two words: DNA test.

Yep, he told her today that he wants a DNA test before he signs the birth certificate. And the funny thing is, if they were still together, he probably wouldn't question it at all, as he knows my brother-in-law has very blonde hair, and there are pictures in the house of my niece with very blonde hair as a child.
Alfred Ticineto,
Member # 1855

quote:
Originally posted by Vulture:
"Asking for a friend"

[Razz]

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ Not guilty on this one!
PoorlyToldJoke from OH
Member # 4397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoorlyToldJoke from OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is your friend you are asking for really trying to judge paternity based on hair color?

--------------------
I always try to win every match in such a way that the person doesn't want to see me again. So you not only have to win that fight, you have to win all the future fights that person could want to have with you. - Ronda Rousey

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maury fix that sh*it right up.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

Alfred Ticineto,
Member # 1855

quote:
Originally posted by PoorlyToldJoke from OH:
is your friend you are asking for really trying to judge paternity based on hair color?

Not my friend, my niece's ex boyfriend. Yep, apparently he is, which to me seems totally absurd, considering genetics, and that my brother-in-law's side of the family is blonde, and he knows my brother-in-law, and I am sure he has seen pictures in the house of my niece with blonde hair as a child.
That's why I was just curious if you all here thought it was reasonable for him to doubt.

Alfred Ticineto,
Member # 1855

quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:

πŸ˜ƒ He definitely would!
Herd72
Member # 107695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herd72     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blond require two recessive genes, one from each parent. Say bb. If either parent contributes a dominant gene B the hair will be dark. But hair colors are controlled by incomplete dominance thus allowing red, auburn, strawberry blond and all shades of brown. Thus looking proves nada - a DNA test is called for.
Alfred Ticineto,
Member # 1855

quote:
Originally posted by Herd72:
Blond require two recessive genes, one from each parent. Say bb. If either parent contributes a dominant gene B the hair will be dark. But hair colors are controlled by incomplete dominance thus allowing red, auburn, strawberry blond and all shades of brown. Thus looking proves nada - a DNA test is called for.

Yep, I hear you. They will go that route. I feel like I'm watching a reality show version of Days of Our Lives. If he's not the father, my niece will have some serious 'splaining to do,' as Ricky Ricardo would say.
GreyGhost from MS
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyGhost from MS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always advise guys facing a paternity suit to request DNA testing. The peace of mind alone is worth the cost of the test, and a fair number of the tests come back negative.
PVM
Member # 121669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PVM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stefano Dimera was still alive 9 months ago, so it could be his, although he would unlikely be the father of a blond child. Not that I've ever seen soap operas...
Shropshire Slasher
Member # 123456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shropshire Slasher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being she's your ex have a blood test done to clear it up.
Steve Yohe
Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Yohe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your crazy about the girl, and you can't do without her.....you pretend it's your kid & move on trying to do your best. Make something out of it.

Otherwise....your thinking you can't trust her....get a DNA test...and dump her.

If the relationship isn't perfect, get ride of her. Pay if it's yours. In the long run, it's better. Their is nothing worse in this world than being stuck with the wrong person.---Yohe

steuben
Member # 126350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steuben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Mommas baby, Daddys maybe"
Alfred Ticineto,
Member # 1855

Thanks all. The ex-boyfriend definitely needs to have the DNA test done, as he puts it, he doesn't want to have lingering doubts about whether or not he is truly the father.

LOL about Stefano DiMira - you never know, "the Phoenix" may have rose just one more time - LOL!

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEN from MS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alfred Ticineto,:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:

πŸ˜ƒ He definitely would!
How are your niece's ex-boyfriend's dance moves? Maury's in it for the ratings pop.

--------------------
"Yip!" -- Jumpin' Jeff Farmer

Gabba Hey
Member # 20936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabba Hey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Women just suck and the older you get just makes it harder. You can open your home take care of there kids, while they lump on the couch. Looking for a reason to sue you. There's good ones out there.but there's a lot of bad ones. And cause nothing but drama

--------------------
Im your huckleberry - Tombstone -- Sometimes to beat the bully. you have to be the bully. Michael Jordan. vs the Pistons

Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gabba Hey - Proud member of the He-Man Woman Hater's Club and NO MA'AAM!
Gabba Hey
Member # 20936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabba Hey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Maam is right. I'm gonna buy the t-shirt.

--------------------
Im your huckleberry - Tombstone -- Sometimes to beat the bully. you have to be the bully. Michael Jordan. vs the Pistons

Robot Monster
Member # 41971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robot Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gabba Hey:
Women just suck and the older you get just makes it harder. You can open your home take care of there kids, while they lump on the couch. Looking for a reason to sue you. There's good ones out there.but there's a lot of bad ones. And cause nothing but drama

Not to mention all those women who beat their husbands until one day it becomes murder. And the fact that men can't even walk alone at night or take their eyes off their drinks because of sexual assault by women. And all of those laws that women politicians have imposed on men to regulate what they can do with their bodies. And the ways in which women have historically controlled all of the government and religion and economy and locked men out of power. And the fact that some women are so blind to how the whole world is made for them that they can say something as ridiculous as "men just suck." Yeah, women are awful.
mr. disco
Member # 1736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr. disco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally know two guys who were told they were the father, only to find out they were not. Get the test.

--------------------
"Just because you ain't paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get you." - Steve Earle

Robot Monster
Member # 41971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robot Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hair color is nothing. There are babies born with different SKIN color than their biological parents (for a famous case from apartheid-era South Africa, see Sandra Laing).

Anyway, kids' hair color changes naturally. Before my third birthday I had brown, blond, and red hair at different times. If hair color is really the only point of concern here, there's no issue.

[ 04-17-2017, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Robot Monster ]

Alfred Ticineto,
Member # 1855

Thanks all I am not sure if he is placing all his doubt on the hair color ( which would be ridiculous ), or if he always doubted being the father. It's crazy, though, as they did have sex nine
months ago, two days after her three week stay in the hospital, and he knew she was off her birth control pills in the hospital. At this point it seems like he is looking for a way out.
My niece fully intends to push for the DNA test and child support.

Grobbit
Member # 80932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grobbit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robot Monster:
Hair color is nothing. There are babies born with different SKIN color than their biological parents (for a famous case from apartheid-era South Africa, see Sandra Laing).

Anyway, kids' hair color changes naturally. Before my third birthday I had brown, blond, and red hair at different times. If hair color is really the only point of concern here, there's no issue.

Correct, I had curly white blonde hair until I was about 3 years old, then it turned the deepest reddest ginger and remained that way until my late 20s when the red went and I became a blonde-light brown. Today in my early 40s I've got brown hair.

So get a DNA test, it is the best thing for everyone, especially the baby, if just for the peace of mind.

--------------------
"If I hit him with the left hand and he's still standing, I will walk around him to see whats holding him up." - Harley Race

John Williamson
Member # 127199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Yohe:
If your crazy about the girl, and you can't do without her.....you pretend it's your kid & move on trying to do your best. Make something out of it.

Nothing can possibli go wrong.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations