WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » ot: Cloris Leachman

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ot: Cloris Leachman
TylerStanMan
Member # 127142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TylerStanMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you ever watched an episode of Raising Hope and then an episode of Mary Tyler Moore to see how much she's changed? It's wild! She was also 44 when the first episode of Mary Tyler Moore aired. She is now 90 and still healthy.
IP: Logged
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TylerStanMan:
Have you ever watched an episode of Raising Hope and then an episode of Mary Tyler Moore to see how much she's changed? It's wild! She was also 44 when the first episode of Mary Tyler Moore aired. She is now 90 and still healthy.

Dude, she died a couple of months ago.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

codystarbuck
Member # 27176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for codystarbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
quote:

Dude, she died a couple of months ago.
Mary Tyler Moore died a few months ago, not Cloris Leachman.

--------------------
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it’s as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues." —Terry Pratchett

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah. I missed the subject line for some reason. You know...after I clicked on it.

I'm drunk. Sue me.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cloris is so good it's ridiculous. She could play ANYTHING.

So long from the Sunshine State!

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She seems to get strange reactions from horses, tho. [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

PVM
Member # 121669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PVM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FRAU BLUCHER!

-

Shattered
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shattered     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cloris Leachman costarred in the "Lassie" series in the late 1950s. I think one season. She hated the role, fought with everybody, ratings dropped, and the last straw ( I theeenk) was when she mentioned in some interview that she liked a soup made by a rival of Campbell's, who were major sponsors of "Lassie".
Great actress though.

--------------------
Mookie Wilson would've been safe anyway!

Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Was kinda shocked to go back and watch a rerun of MTM and recall that she was in it.

She automatically raises the quality of a show she's in by like 25%.

mr. disco
Member # 1736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr. disco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And she was in the Miss America pageant as well...

--------------------
"Just because you ain't paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get you." - Steve Earle

mr. disco
Member # 1736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr. disco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And she was in the Miss America pageant as well as is an Oscar winner. She's awesome.

--------------------
"Just because you ain't paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get you." - Steve Earle

Fan50
Member # 37400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fan50     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She appeared in the opening scenes of "Kiss Me Deadly," a Mike Hammer movie from the early 50's. That was the earliest role I remember seeing her play.
NYindyfan
Member # 125634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYindyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the show Phyllis. It got cut way too short
dthcm
Member # 56183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dthcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mr. disco:
And she was in the Miss America pageant as well as is an Oscar winner. She's awesome.

She won 9 Emmys (8 Primetime and 1 Daytime). The most by a single performer.
Tatsuya
Member # 80195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tatsuya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NYindyfan:
I liked the show Phyllis. It got cut way too short

IIRC, the show was marred by a few deaths that facilitated its cancellation. One actress, believe her name was Barbara Colby (one of those name doesn't ring a bell but when you see her face you realize she's been in a lot of things) was shot to death and a couple of older actors passed away as well.

Maybe best forgotten but Leachman also replaced Mrs Garrett on the Facts of Life.

The Saviour of Misbehaviour
Member # 4152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Saviour of Misbehaviour     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her least convincing role was as lifelong friend Paul Lynde's beard.

--------------------
“Hearing the words, ‘The land of the free and home of the brave’ means something special for every American, every day,” Harris added later in his speech. “But today, on Dec. 7, it takes on extraordinary significance.”

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations