WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Idea for a tournament: Tall Slender Guys from the 80s

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Idea for a tournament: Tall Slender Guys from the 80s
Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I can get 8 total I would go with that.

Greg Gagne
Mike Von Erich
Kendall Windham
Jeff Jarrett
Sam Houston

Who else? I need 3 more.

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

"A draw is like kissing your sister" ~ Larry Nelson, 1987

IP: Logged
Mr. Parts Unknown
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Parts Unknown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was Jake Roberts slender enough? Oh, and what about Dustin Rhodes?
jorjorbynks
Member # 12312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jorjorbynks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
El Gigante and Giant Baba??

--------------------
Pro Wrestling is neither real nor fake. It's magic!

Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before he filled out more, Barry Windham. I would definitely include Jake.
Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would David and Kevin Von Erich qualify?

Was David slender enough and was Kevin tall enough I guess is the question.

[ 04-14-2017, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Gov't Mule ]

Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Dustin,

I was thinking of guys who you knew some fans were saying "he's too skinny to be a rassler"

Is it incorrect to put my five examples in the same mold?

[ 04-14-2017, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Big Daddy Meatybone ]

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

maybe I should do a 220 pound max on this one.

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

John Williamson
Member # 127199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff Jarrett isn't even 6 feet tall is he?

Rick Rude was 6ft 2in or more, and had a slight build. Admittedly, he was pumped up to the last, but his frame was small. Doesn't count for 'too skinny to be a wrestler' though.

Spivey is not slender enough I'd imagine.

John Williamson
Member # 127199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty sure Sean Waltman wrestled in the late 80s.
OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was the Slenderman around then?

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

quote:
Originally posted by John Williamson:
Pretty sure Sean Waltman wrestled in the late 80s.

Just barely. I think he started in 89.
Magnum GA
Member # 1286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magnum GA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's tall? Neither Gagne, Jarrett or Mike Von Erich are tall in my definition of tall.
Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Right. Scratch Jarrett being 5-10

The rest are atleast 6 foot.

What's the lowest Kendall ever weighed? I have 224 but I thought he was lighter.

So I need 8 guys from the 80s who were atleast 6 foot, weighed no more than 220 or 225

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

Bcleah
Member # 5397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bcleah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve (William) Regal
diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron Fuller
Robert Fuller
Jimmy Golden

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

Stephen Gennarelli
Member # 21747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Gennarelli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with diamondmd, let Ron Fuller represent the 70's....
Herd72
Member # 107695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herd72     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Either of the Mulkey Brothers
Chris Champion

Pillsbury
Member # 43540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pillsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Meatybone:
Right. Scratch Jarrett being 5-10

The rest are atleast 6 foot.

What's the lowest Kendall ever weighed? I have 224 but I thought he was lighter.

So I need 8 guys from the 80s who were atleast 6 foot, weighed no more than 220 or 225

I don't know what they announced him as but if Windham was over 190 legit with Rhodes as the Texas Broncos I'd be shocked.He was a bean pole.

--------------------
Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have FIVE SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!.......FIVE!!!

codystarbuck
Member # 27176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for codystarbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Herd72:
Either of the Mulkey Brothers
Chris Champion

None of those guys were tall and the Mulkeys weren't exactly what I would call slender. They were probably about average weight for their size.

Rick Rude was pretty skinny when he started out, as Rick Rood.

--------------------
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it’s as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues." —Terry Pratchett

Rob from IA
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob from IA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve Simpson

He was taller then Waltman when they wrestled in the GWF, so he had to be six foot. His two brothers didn't get blessed with the same height. Really underrated guy IMO, seen very few of his matches that I didn't enjoy.

[ 04-14-2017, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Rob from IA ]

Starchild0224
Member # 4940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starchild0224     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gov't Mule:
Would David and Kevin Von Erich qualify?

Was David slender enough and was Kevin tall enough I guess is the question.

David, for me, would qualify, but not Kevin.

--------------------
I agree with James Beard.

White Fang from WA
Member # 1458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for White Fang from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A whole lot of guys fit this. How about limiting it to "tall, slender and clumsy"? Then we could acknowledge Cowboy Tex McKenzie.

--------------------
The reason raindances work is because they don't stop dancing until it rains.

Soletaker
Member # 1564

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Soletaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you ask this guy, there is no need for a tournament.

-

Pillsbury
Member # 43540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pillsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Awesome......He was always my guy in that game.

--------------------
Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have FIVE SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!.......FIVE!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations