WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Three PrimeTime Wrestling shows added to WWE Network (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Three PrimeTime Wrestling shows added to WWE Network
brawler2711
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An FYI

http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2017/04/12/wwe-network-adds-three-old-school-episodes-from-1987-is-it-the-next-drop/

◾Prime Time Wrestling 107 – 03/23/1987 (Video One, Inc. – Baltimore, MD)
◾Prime Time Wrestling 108 – 03/30/1987 (Video One, Inc. – Baltimore, MD)
◾Prime Time Wrestling 110 – 04/13/1987 (Video One, Inc. – Baltimore, MD)

--------------------
Sir Tojo: "I used Brut in the late '60's-early '70's. Used to splash it all over my crotch area after a shower--no joke.I used to get some funny reactions to that back in my early 20's. Fond memories."

IP: Logged
Mr. Piggy
Member # 45675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Piggy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is up with 109 4/06/1987?
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great. More sh*t shows from a sh*t era of a sh*t promotion.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe so, but IMO Gorilla and Brain elevated that sh*t show to an art form. Relatively speaking of course lol
brawler2711
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched a good Hillbilly Jim vs Dino Bravo match from MLG in Toronto last night.

Good to have a few more PTWs to watch.

--------------------
Sir Tojo: "I used Brut in the late '60's-early '70's. Used to splash it all over my crotch area after a shower--no joke.I used to get some funny reactions to that back in my early 20's. Fond memories."

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
Watched a good Hillbilly Jim vs Dino Bravo match from MLG in Toronto last night.

-

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brawler, you're either the greatest long con troll job in Wrestling Classics history, or the most outside the box, devil's advocate thinker in WC history. Either way I applaud you.

I think...

NYindyfan
Member # 125634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYindyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the WWF in 1987 was beyond embarrassing.
ponyplayer19
Member # 8537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponyplayer19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gov't Mule:
Brawler, you're either the greatest long con troll job in Wrestling Classics history, or the most outside the box, devil's advocate thinker in WC history. Either way I applaud you.

I think...

+1
brawler2711
Member # 26849

what is wrong with enjoying a good ol' pro rasslin match from a dimly lit sold out major arena?

No 173 near falls or false finishes...

Just two rasslers locking up and having a basic match.

does everything have to be an all time classic to be enjoyed and we have to mention flair/steamboat 1989 for the 563rd time and give it ********* stars?

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
what is wrong with enjoying a good ol' pro rasslin match from a dimly lit sold out major arena?

No 173 near falls or false finishes...

Just two rasslers locking up and having a basic match.

does everything have to be an all time classic to be enjoyed and we have to mention flair/steamboat 1989 for the 563rd time and give it ********* stars?

And yet you're attached to Russo's nuts. You just don't wash, brother.

--------------------

tamalie from MN
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamalie from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it's worth, I looked and Prime Time Wrestling definitely aired on the missing April 6, 1987 evening. Either something was wrong with the tape, this is an oversight or they're arbitrarily just skipping ahead as the WWE has done on the network and previously on the defunct 24/7 service.

I always enjoyed Prime Time for the banter between Monsoon and Heenan as well as to see competitive matches at a point when the WWF rarely had anything but squashes on its syndicated shows. Looking back, some of the matches were pretty bad, even the competitive ones, but in my younger days I had a less critical eye and watched whatever wrestling was on, even some really bad stuff.

brawler2711
Member # 26849

More good news!!!

WWE Network Adds More Prime Time Wrestling
http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2017/04/13/wwe-network-adds-more-prime-time-wrestling-seemingly-confirmed-as-next-classic-content/

--------------------

Soletaker
Member # 1564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soletaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we get some early 80's World Wide and Mid Atlantic episodes up already?
paulsonj72
Member # 58715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulsonj72     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Piggy:

Would the 4/6/87 show have some highlights of Wrestlemania III which was the previous Sunday 3/29/87 or would those(highlights of WrestleMania)aired the night after on 3/30/87
Someone from Rwanda
Member # 22010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Someone from Rwanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Prime Time as a little kid, though I mainly tuned in just to hear Heenan and Monsoon go back and forth.

You may have gotten a mid card main event, which only came after a bunch of matches where guys like Barry O would hold someone in a headlock for 15 minutes as everyone chanted 'BORING!'

[ 04-13-2017, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Someone from Rwanda ]

Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monsoon and Heenan made the show for me. The Christmas stuff with Heenan, Monsoon and Piper was priceless.

The matches? Eh. Not so enjoyable.

--------------------
Cynthia Celeste Miller
Spectrum Games

Check out my band, Eminent Remains, on Facebook.

Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Ganja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
20, 30 years later I can look at certain promotions and periods and put my rose colored glasses on. I've come to appreciate Memphis, IWA, Central States etc. more than I ought to.

PrimeTime or this period WWF? I'll let you know at the 60 year mark.

--------------------

I don't like the divorce font!
---
Your old lady's old lady has got skinnier legs!!!
---
And BABY DOLL...shame on you mama...cause I know you better than anyone!

Someone from Rwanda
Member # 22010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Someone from Rwanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least we all got to hear Bobby Heenan call the Rosatti sisters a bunch of fat pigs.
Idol I
Member # 4061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Idol I     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoy them for the most part, well minus the 15 minute Sivi Afi matches.

--------------------
http://TheHistoryofWWE.com/

hegs
Member # 6125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hegs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prime time occasionally had a gem or two. I remember an Orndorff Sammartino v Piper and Orton match from the Boston Garden on prime time. Prime Time did break kayfabe for me when I saw the identical match almost move for move from either Boston or Toronto that I saw in the Meadowlands.
Andy from NY
Member # 7701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy from NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the earlier Prime Time shows, when the matches were almost exclusively from either MSG, Toronto, Boston or Philly as opposed to later on when they contained a lot of repeat material from Superstars and Challenge with a handful of exclusives thrown in.
Wolverine
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolverine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speakinmg of the Network, at least on my computer, the thumbnails on the chapter stops dont have any captions. Is this happening for anyone else? It's really annoying if you want to watch a specific match on a given show.
brawler2711
Member # 26849

http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2017/04/18/wwe-network-resumes-prime-time-wrestling-uploads/

More PTWs were added over the past few days.

Once again, some highlights of the episodes added so far today include:
◾#130: Jake Roberts, Tito Santana and Bruno Sammartino vs Honky Tonk Man and The Hart Foundation in an elimination tag team match
◾#131: WWF Tag Team Championship: Fabulous Rougeau Brothers vs The Hart Foundation (c)
◾#133: King Harley Race vs George “The Animal” Steele
◾#136: WWF Tag Team Championship: The Killer Bees vs The Hart Foundation (c)

--------------------

tamalie from MN
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamalie from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paulsonj72:
quote:

Would the 4/6/87 show have some highlights of Wrestlemania III which was the previous Sunday 3/29/87 or would those(highlights of WrestleMania)aired the night after on 3/30/87
I don't think there were any Mania highlights or what there was would have been brief. I think WWF TV showed Hogan and Andre having the initial faceoff with the controversial near pin by Andre, but nothing afterward. It was a taste to sell PPV replays and the upcoming home video release.

The missing 4/6/87 episode had the Hart Foundation defending the tag team title against the Rougeau brothers at Boston Garden. Demolition vs. The Islanders at MSG faced off in a battle between two teams that got left off of WM3. Honky Tonk Man vs. Koko B Ware from a TV taping was on. Ron Bass faced Sal Bellomo from another taping. There was also Blackjack Mulligan vs. Tiger Chung Lee in a match notable for Johnny Valiant doing play by play with Bobby Heenan on color.

I imagine there were also lots of post Mania interviews to recap things and launch the new feuds for the April and May house shows.

brawler2711
Member # 26849

quote:
Originally posted by tamalie from MN:
quote:
Originally posted by paulsonj72:
quote:

I don't think there were any Mania highlights or what there was would have been brief. I think WWF TV showed Hogan and Andre having the initial faceoff with the controversial near pin by Andre, but nothing afterward. It was a taste to sell PPV replays and the upcoming home video release.

The missing 4/6/87 episode had the Hart Foundation defending the tag team title against the Rougeau brothers at Boston Garden. Demolition vs. The Islanders at MSG faced off in a battle between two teams that got left off of WM3. Honky Tonk Man vs. Koko B Ware from a TV taping was on. Ron Bass faced Sal Bellomo from another taping. There was also Blackjack Mulligan vs. Tiger Chung Lee in a match notable for Johnny Valiant doing play by play with Bobby Heenan on color.

I imagine there were also lots of post Mania interviews to recap things and launch the new feuds for the April and May house shows.

Watched the 04/06/87 on the Network and regarding Mania III they had a special report with Okerlund from the Silverdome going over the finishes.

--------------------

brawler2711
Member # 26849

They acknowledged on the 3/30/87 PTW show that it was taped before Mania III.

--------------------

brawler2711
Member # 26849

Sorry if this has been addressed before but did Aretha Franklin have heat?

Gorilla put over all the celebs on a PTW after Mania III but said something along the lines that Aretha left a lot to be desired.

Did she hold them up for more money or something?

--------------------

Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

I know she was late arriving to the show, which almost threw a wrench into things. That's all I got.
John Williamson
Member # 127199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tamalie from MN:

I always enjoyed Prime Time for the banter between Monsoon and Heenan as well as to see competitive matches at a point when the WWF rarely had anything but squashes on its syndicated shows. Looking back, some of the matches were pretty bad, even the competitive ones, but in my younger days I had a less critical eye and watched whatever wrestling was on, even some really bad stuff.

Couldn't have said it better. Prime Time was the best WWF wrestling show. In retrospect that pretty sad, relative to some of the other shows people could get in other areas but it was the cream of wrestling for me at the time, and Bobby and Gorilla were always priceless.
John Williamson
Member # 127199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to remember Primetimes sometimes having jobber v jobber matches, which I loved. Am I making this up?
mikeyosmond
Member # 128654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeyosmond   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
quote:

-
*Chuckles* Never imagined such a thing existing.
Wolverine
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolverine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
quote:

-
Cant be any worse than the Bravo/Brady Boone borefest i watched last night (and at least Hillbilly had personality).
ponyplayer19
Member # 8537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponyplayer19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by John Williamson:
I seem to remember Primetimes sometimes having jobber v jobber matches, which I loved. Am I making this up?

They'd show competetive undercard matches from MSG. Most interesting matches the WWF would air all week. Loved seeing Mike Sharpe, SD Jones, Horowitz, Lombardi, Boone, etc. in matches where the outcome was actually in question.
John Williamson
Member # 127199

Thought so, I remember really enjoying them.
Bionic Lungs
Member # 23051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bionic Lungs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS:
Monsoon and Heenan made the show for me. The Christmas stuff with Heenan, Monsoon and Piper was priceless.

The matches? Eh. Not so enjoyable.

Oh gosh, I enjoyed the holiday episodes. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, etc. Those two cracked me up!

--------------------
"Anytime you travel 36,000 miles above normalcy level, you will have turbulence. Anytime you mix two physically, mentally, reactive chemicals, there's gonna be boiling and there's gonna be bubbling." - Ultimate Warrior (SNME, 1/27/90)

brawler2711
Member # 26849

A lot more has been added!

http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2017/04/28/wwe-network-starts-adding-more-prime-time-early-includes-1989-episode/

Not only has the WWE Network begun uploading Prime Time Wrestling episodes extremely early today, but we’ve been surprised by a stray episode from early 1989! While it may be tempting to assume that we’ll get the entirety of this year, the more likely event is the appearance of the shows from the build up to WrestleMania V. With part of 1987 already uploaded when this content drop started, WWE tend to like to stick to a set amount of hours every month when they can.

As far as 1987 and 1988 go, they’re both winding down rapidly now. 1987 has literally just one edition missing for a clean sweep now (the elusive #140), while 1988 has just 11 needed for completion. It should be an interesting day when the uploads start this early!

--------------------

Wolverine
Member # 894

The good news is that they've got up to 1989. The bad news is that they've begun editing Rick Rude's theme (which they own, so there's no reason behind this).
Andy from NY
Member # 7701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy from NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They edited a number of other things as well. Dusty Rhodes' theme on one version of WM6. Wasn't that one of their own creations as well?
Bnicholas
Member # 23863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bnicholas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wolverine:
The good news is that they've got up to 1989. The bad news is that they've begun editing Rick Rude's theme (which they own, so there's no reason behind this).

often times it depends on which version they use. The edited out a crazy amount of stuff at one time on the 24/7 service and some DVD sets. Then later they backed off that somewhat, such as having Dusty's WWE theme on later DVD releases. If they are just using the primetimes they put on the 24/7 service they may have things needlessly edited out.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations