WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Justin Roberts on bullying in WWE (Page 1)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Justin Roberts on bullying in WWE
brawler2711
Member
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Former WWE ring announcer Justin Roberts participated in a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Tuesday, where he answered a wide range of questions on his 12-year run in the company spanning from 2002 to 2014.


Highlights from the AMA are as follows:
What was the absolute worst thing you've witnessed JBL do?


He terrorized guys.
It's funny because people are bringing this up now because of the stuff going on now and the book release, but this was like 2003-2004; it was a long time ago.

He terrorized me, and a lot of guys. He'd make life hell for a lot of guys. He chewed Miz and Morrison out after they won the titles for not celebrating enough.

He was eventually let go back then, and when he came back he was a lot better, but he was mostly only showing up for TV. Even now, it comes across on commentary with how he is with Byron.

Did he have a group of people helping him terrorize people or did he work alone?


He had a group.
He was like the leader, and he pretty much had a cabinet, just like on TV. They followed him and did what he asked. It was him vs. 'the new guys'

He had taken my passport out of my bag, and the next tour I guarded it with my life. On the flight back, Orlando Jordan told me he would watch my back and I should go to the gift shop. I didn't take his advice.

I also remember being told I had to bring beer to the guys on the plane, but I got out of that, luckily.

Which guy other than JBL is just an ******* backstage? I know you probably don't want to bad mouth people but was wondering.


Back then, Bob Holly, Kid Kash, and Orlando Jordan was like JBL's stooge.

Have there been any incidents of someone standing up to a known bully and putting them in their place infront of the locker room?


Joey Styles did that to JBL on a plane with only a handful of guys, but enough for it to get around. Vince had talked to HHH about it, and HHH told the locker room about it.

Do you think the culture of "ribbing" in WWE is somehow related to the backstage bullying you've mentioned before? Possibly, some wrestlers cannot see where a rib becomes too serious, and is actually bullying?


It's the mentality there.
The higher-ups don't see it as bullying, they laugh it off and encourage it because they just find it funny. Obviously the locker room has changed, but Vince, Kevin, and Hunter like to entertain themselves and it still happens.

How much did you know about the Nexus debut? Did you know Bryan would try and choke you with your tie? Any ill feelings etc?


I knew the general idea. I'd found out about a half hour before the show started. The tie wasn't planned out, Daniel Bryan is really great at what he does. When he saw me laying their with the tie on, he's just a smart guy and took it upon himself to choke me. People comment on the selling, but it was real. He wasn't trying to kill me by any means, but he made it look good.
When we got to the back, everyone, Vince included, praised it. I am glad things worked out for Bryan; the crowd use to chant his name at me like I got him fired and I'd tell people at ringside that I liked him and it sucked he was gone.

If Vince praised it, how did he get fired?


Vince was very happy with it, but from what I understand, it had something to do with a sponsor - something corporate. They were unhappy and WWE had to do what they had to do to get paid and that was their out, no one but Bryan had to take the heat. Fortunately, they made it up to him when they brought him back. Vince had actually called him and explained everything to him.

Craziest Vince story?


He was watching Sin Cara vs. Sin Cara at HIAC, I had asked a writer to find out about a change on the show. The writer happened to ask as Vince was watching that, and he was in a bad mood. I was motioned towards Mark and I got on the headsets, and he immediately began chewing me out. I thought I was getting fired that night.
When you're getting chewed out on the headset like that, everyone can hear... the guys in the trucks could hear.

Chewed out about what, exactly? Don't quite understand this.


"God dammit, don't you know how to do your job? What are you asking?!" Basically yelling at me because I asked how the setup was supposed to go...

Does he say "God damn it" alot?


Yes!

Any Undertaker stories?


There's a magic that comes with that character, and I had to learn the hard way on how to react to help that character achieve the mystique. I learned my lesson on selling the wrong way.


In Wales, at catering, Taker was across from me and simply had a bowl of two scoops of banakee pie. For whatever reason, I started commentating the eating of his pie in JR's voice.

I got the Undertaker to laugh at a show, so that was cool.

How would you describe Kevin Dunn? Any interesting stories about him?


Kevin Dunn sits on headsets during the show and just berates everyone. He's kind of on a throne there. Just talks down to everyone, very negative, very high strung. Just heartless, and not a man of his word. I'm thankful that he hired me, but he's not a good person in a company full of great people.

Was wondering what was your opinion of Chris Benoit before the tragedy? Was he as bats--t crazy as other people have said?


Yes, he was crazy. I talk about that in the book. He had different personalities. He had a personality with a big heart, but on the nights where he was drinking and maybe taking pills, there was a different side and that side was crazy.

Opinion on Lillian Garcia? ... and how she was able to stick around after messing up so much?


We always got along. We were very different. There was a period of time where she was making a lot of mistakes, but she was there longer than me, so, I don't know I guess...
I guess the company were ok with mistakes. If I made a mistake, I wouldn't get yelled at. It's not like a normal show where you have time to memorize a script; a lot of times you'd get your verbiage on the spot.

They were patient with mistakes, both mine and hers.

The night you got released from wwe, there was rumor that you flipped off Michael Cole at ringside. Is that true if so, is that why you had been released?


Absolutely not true at all.
There was never any interaction between he and I that night. There were times on other nights I'd talk to him, but we didn't really interact because he's on the headsets.

But, the funny part is, he was the one who released me. And when he did, there was no anger whatsoever. No bad feelings whatsoever between us, at all.

You think there is a chance of you going back to the WWE?


No.
I am happy with everything that I did.

I had an awesome run.

I wasn't treated well when I was there and I wouldn't want to go through that again. I was treated awesome by co-workers, but I wouldn't want to go through that experience with upper-management again.

You can read the AMA in its entirety here.

Roberts recounts his WWE career in his newly released autobiography, Best Seat in the House: Your Backstage Pass through My WWE Journey. Visit JustinRobertsBook.com for more information.


Full read http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0405/624970/ex-ring-announcer-justin-roberts-talks-backstage-bullying-in-wwe/ & https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/63h2gx/justin_roberts_herego_ahead_and_ama/

[ 04-06-2017, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: brawler2711 ]

--------------------
"I'll be with 20 in-laws...hhhmmm..we'll see. But, 7 of the 20 are my nieces (in their early to mid 20's), so I'll enjoy seeing a few of them at the pool, and on the beach.At least the "scenery" should be enjoyable. [Smile]"
Sir Tojo

IP: Logged
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
He chewed Miz and Morrison out after they won the titles for not celebrating enough.


He's definitely an ******* and I'm sure his methods in getting his point across were unnecessarily extreme but he actually isn't technically wrong about this.
IP: Logged
Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orlando Jordan told me he would watch my back and I should go to the gift shop.I didn't take his advice.

Read this yesterday and I still don't get what this was about.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Now on the twitter machine - @Armageddon_t

IP: Logged
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Armageddon_T_Thunderbird:
Orlando Jordan told me he would watch my back and I should go to the gift shop.I didn't take his advice.

Read this yesterday and I still don't get what this was about.

They were gonna steal his passport to f*uck with him.
IP: Logged
Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
quote:
Originally posted by Armageddon_T_Thunderbird:
Orlando Jordan told me he would watch my back and I should go to the gift shop.I didn't take his advice.

Read this yesterday and I still don't get what this was about.

They were gonna steal his passport to f*uck with him.
Gotcha, I was way off on my thinking there. Wonder if he actually said bag instead of back?

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Now on the twitter machine - @Armageddon_t

IP: Logged
Bnicholas
Member
Member # 23863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bnicholas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not a single surprise in that post. JBL and Bob Holly are both common names for being bullies. And no surprise at how miserable Dunn is. If i had one wish granted about WWE it would be to fire that punk live on TV, make him **** his pants, and then let a bunch of guys who hate him rough him up on his way out before they tossed him a dumpster outside the arena.
IP: Logged
Cattle_Mutilation
Member
Member # 59807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cattle_Mutilation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read another post on Reddit about this and someone listed some stories from the book - I thought i'd post it here as of interest:

I was genuinely shocked at the lengths to which some of the wrestlers went to torture him. For instance:

Someone from Smackdown stole Justin's passport from his bag on the final night of a tour to the UK. It was never returned. He had to go to the US embassy in London to get it reissued. "Stealing a passport out of someone's bag is a pretty evil rib and not giving it back means it's no longer a rib".

When they were in Japan on a tour, there was two tour buses - faces and heels. "Bradshaw had both buses pull over". They wouldn't move until Justin was moved from the face bus to the heel one. JBL and his cronies then bullied Justin for the entire journey. "I was very comfortable working the RAW tours. I was scared for my life to work SmackDown tours".

"JBL would throw my bags down the street...he typically referred to me as ******* and numbnuts despite my always trying to do a great job...every day I saw him, he asked me why I was still alive and told me to go kill myself".

JBL was being interviewed by a high-schooler and, after the kid dropped his notes, Bradshaw asked the mother if "she had any children who weren't mentally disabled".

HHH had a thing about trying to pull down Justin's pants

Jaime Noble and Chris Benoit once tackled Justin down to the ground in the airport and put him in a double crossface. He tapped instantly but they refused to release him. He could barely walk for days afterwards.

There's more - plenty more, especially about JBL - but I don't want to spoil his whole book.

In among that, people like William Regal and the Coach come across really well. Regal gave his phone number to a very young Justin, long before he ever got to the WWE, and told him to call if he wanted help. What a guy.

Batista also sounds like a lovely chap, and Jericho. Justin's father had cancer and Batista/Jericho/Coach all called to check on him.

He says a lot of the SmackDown problems changed when the crews joined up with ECW and Tommy Dreamer came on board. Dreamer, let's say, put a few people in their place.

The dark and light of Benoit is really there, too. He bullied Justin but then, at the same time, he would call Justin's father to check in (genuinely) about how the cancer treatment was going.

Again, I'd really recommend the book...but, man, the WWE sounds like it was (is?) a hard place to work. As for JBL...

--------------------
Never Drew A Dime!

Any person applying for the position of pro wrestling referee must be of physical unfitness to the degree that the slightest nudge would render him irretrievably unconscious.

IP: Logged
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think stealing someone's passport is considered identity theft whether they attempt to assume that person's identity or not. Don't hold me to this but I think you can get 8-15 years for it.
IP: Logged
Tatsuya
Member
Member # 80195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tatsuya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This needs to happen again


IP: Logged
Cattle_Mutilation
Member
Member # 59807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cattle_Mutilation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shawn Michaels was GREAT on commentary on that

--------------------
Never Drew A Dime!

Any person applying for the position of pro wrestling referee must be of physical unfitness to the degree that the slightest nudge would render him irretrievably unconscious.

IP: Logged
codystarbuck
Member
Member # 27176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for codystarbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cattle_Mutilation:
I just read another post on Reddit about this and someone listed some stories from the book - I thought i'd post it here as of interest:

I was genuinely shocked at the lengths to which some of the wrestlers went to torture him. For instance:

Someone from Smackdown stole Justin's passport from his bag on the final night of a tour to the UK. It was never returned. He had to go to the US embassy in London to get it reissued. "Stealing a passport out of someone's bag is a pretty evil rib and not giving it back means it's no longer a rib".

When they were in Japan on a tour, there was two tour buses - faces and heels. "Bradshaw had both buses pull over". They wouldn't move until Justin was moved from the face bus to the heel one. JBL and his cronies then bullied Justin for the entire journey. "I was very comfortable working the RAW tours. I was scared for my life to work SmackDown tours".

"JBL would throw my bags down the street...he typically referred to me as ******* and numbnuts despite my always trying to do a great job...every day I saw him, he asked me why I was still alive and told me to go kill myself".

JBL was being interviewed by a high-schooler and, after the kid dropped his notes, Bradshaw asked the mother if "she had any children who weren't mentally disabled".

HHH had a thing about trying to pull down Justin's pants

Jaime Noble and Chris Benoit once tackled Justin down to the ground in the airport and put him in a double crossface. He tapped instantly but they refused to release him. He could barely walk for days afterwards.

There's more - plenty more, especially about JBL - but I don't want to spoil his whole book.

In among that, people like William Regal and the Coach come across really well. Regal gave his phone number to a very young Justin, long before he ever got to the WWE, and told him to call if he wanted help. What a guy.

Batista also sounds like a lovely chap, and Jericho. Justin's father had cancer and Batista/Jericho/Coach all called to check on him.

He says a lot of the SmackDown problems changed when the crews joined up with ECW and Tommy Dreamer came on board. Dreamer, let's say, put a few people in their place.

The dark and light of Benoit is really there, too. He bullied Justin but then, at the same time, he would call Justin's father to check in (genuinely) about how the cancer treatment was going.

Again, I'd really recommend the book...but, man, the WWE sounds like it was (is?) a hard place to work. As for JBL...

Regal doesn't surprise me; unlike Bradshaw, he has nothing to prove. He knows how to handle himself, knows how to wrestle, has worked around the world with top professionals, and has had matches with guys who would have Bradshaw wetting himself just by being in the same building.

--------------------
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it’s as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues." —Terry Pratchett

IP: Logged
Kid Canada
Member
Member # 7294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Canada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rene Dupre claims that JBL would constantly refer to him as "French ***"(slang term for homosexual) whenever people were around...nice guy

[ 04-07-2017, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: Kid Canada ]

IP: Logged
brawler2711
Member
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cattle_Mutilation:
I just read another post on Reddit about this and someone listed some stories from the book - I thought i'd post it here as of interest:

I was genuinely shocked at the lengths to which some of the wrestlers went to torture him. For instance:

Someone from Smackdown stole Justin's passport from his bag on the final night of a tour to the UK. It was never returned. He had to go to the US embassy in London to get it reissued. "Stealing a passport out of someone's bag is a pretty evil rib and not giving it back means it's no longer a rib".

When they were in Japan on a tour, there was two tour buses - faces and heels. "Bradshaw had both buses pull over". They wouldn't move until Justin was moved from the face bus to the heel one. JBL and his cronies then bullied Justin for the entire journey. "I was very comfortable working the RAW tours. I was scared for my life to work SmackDown tours".

"JBL would throw my bags down the street...he typically referred to me as ******* and numbnuts despite my always trying to do a great job...every day I saw him, he asked me why I was still alive and told me to go kill myself".

JBL was being interviewed by a high-schooler and, after the kid dropped his notes, Bradshaw asked the mother if "she had any children who weren't mentally disabled".

HHH had a thing about trying to pull down Justin's pants

Jaime Noble and Chris Benoit once tackled Justin down to the ground in the airport and put him in a double crossface. He tapped instantly but they refused to release him. He could barely walk for days afterwards.

There's more - plenty more, especially about JBL - but I don't want to spoil his whole book.

In among that, people like William Regal and the Coach come across really well. Regal gave his phone number to a very young Justin, long before he ever got to the WWE, and told him to call if he wanted help. What a guy.

Batista also sounds like a lovely chap, and Jericho. Justin's father had cancer and Batista/Jericho/Coach all called to check on him.

He says a lot of the SmackDown problems changed when the crews joined up with ECW and Tommy Dreamer came on board. Dreamer, let's say, put a few people in their place.

The dark and light of Benoit is really there, too. He bullied Justin but then, at the same time, he would call Justin's father to check in (genuinely) about how the cancer treatment was going.

Again, I'd really recommend the book...but, man, the WWE sounds like it was (is?) a hard place to work. As for JBL...

Sounds like JBL enjoyed tormenting the younger guys.

I wish the marks would make Joey Styles chants at him at the HOF or events like that, his reaction would be priceless.

--------------------
"I'll be with 20 in-laws...hhhmmm..we'll see. But, 7 of the 20 are my nieces (in their early to mid 20's), so I'll enjoy seeing a few of them at the pool, and on the beach.At least the "scenery" should be enjoyable. [Smile]"
Sir Tojo

IP: Logged
Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JBL responds in the most non-bullying way possible.

I won't answer Net rumors-but I didn't take Justin Roberts passport. Could have been anyone/he was hated by the whole crew. He's an idiot.

— John Layfield (@JCLayfield) April 7, 2017


and then this...

JBL was asked on Twitter about the reports of bullying and JBL allegedly being responsible for Mauro's condition that led to his current absence. JBL was asked if he had any comment about the reports, to which he replied, "No Joe, and I won't-I shouldn't commenting on Internet stuff. I play a heel. I sincerely wish Mauro nothing but the absolute best."

@JoeCroninJCS No Joe, and I won't-I shouldn't commenting on Internet stuff. I play a heel. I sincerely wish Mauro nothing but the absolute best.

— John Layfield (@JCLayfield) April 7, 2017


[ 04-07-2017, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Armageddon_T_Thunderbird ]

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Now on the twitter machine - @Armageddon_t

IP: Logged
hate sports entertainment
Member
Member # 126344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hate sports entertainment     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tatsuya:
This needs to happen again


Vince Russo on BRAWL FOR ALL. Gotta agree with Russo on this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsNPLZ51nzY

IP: Logged
FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for the love of god, someone give Bas Rutten a blank check and like 500 virgins or something to show up at JBL's house and just destroy him in front of his family.
IP: Logged
FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thing that kinda bothers me too is if it was while there was the brand split and JBL was a worker, wouldn't the "locker room leaders" in Undertaker or John Cena hold a wrestlers court over this? I mean I just can't imagine those two even if they weren't on the bus while all this was happening try to tell JBL to knock it off. I mean there is hazing and then just out right cruelty and JBL far surpassed the Randy Orton pooping in the bag cruel.

Edit: and it is even more amazing certain guys had backstage heat for not sitting in the right spot in the locker room or doing something bone headed but things like this (if true but I have no real reason to doubt them) are completely fine. Wrestling both fans and backstage alike take a special kind of person imo. I remember I was hazed when I broke in but like childish stuff and there would be guys who acted like they were great because they did a Sunday Night Heat taping (that's how far back I go) but usually the "leader" backstage would tell them to knock it off in some way. I've heard of horrible locker rooms but in the end everyone at least tried to show a level of respect. JBL just sounds like a kid who pees his bed every night and the parents just change the sheets and pat him on the head like he's done nothing wrong.

[ 04-07-2017, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: FantasyWrestlerDrew ]

IP: Logged
mikeyosmond
Member
Member # 128654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeyosmond   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The expression on Bradshaw's face after those first few licks.

quote:
Originally posted by FantasyWrestlerDrew:
Another thing that kinda bothers me too is if it was while there was the brand split and JBL was a worker, wouldn't the "locker room leaders" in Undertaker or John Cena hold a wrestlers court over this? I mean I just can't imagine those two even if they weren't on the bus while all this was happening try to tell JBL to knock it off. I mean there is hazing and then just out right cruelty and JBL far surpassed the Randy Orton pooping in the bag cruel.

Edit: and it is even more amazing certain guys had backstage heat for not sitting in the right spot in the locker room or doing something bone headed but things like this (if true but I have no real reason to doubt them) are completely fine. Wrestling both fans and backstage alike take a special kind of person imo. I remember I was hazed when I broke in but like childish stuff and there would be guys who acted like they were great because they did a Sunday Night Heat taping (that's how far back I go) but usually the "leader" backstage would tell them to knock it off in some way. I've heard of horrible locker rooms but in the end everyone at least tried to show a level of respect. JBL just sounds like a kid who pees his bed every night and the parents just change the sheets and pat him on the head like he's done nothing wrong.

Reportedly JBL is friends w/ Taker.
IP: Logged
sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL
Member
Member # 5431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No he didn't take Justin Roberts passport. He's telling the truth. He put someone else up to doing it. Because he was scared of getting caught with it. Because deep down bullies are cowards. They usually do garbage in front of others they wouldn't do if they were alone with the person they were bullying. JBL is trash.

--------------------
Be yourself and look yourself in the mirror with pride each day. If you were to die today what would your fellow man say about you?? Mark Markley-gone but never forgotten

IP: Logged
dthcm
Member
Member # 56183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dthcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lawsuit or two would've put an end to his shenanigans really quick. I don't usually endorse suing but that is best way to get Vince's attention.

Edited because I can spell "shenanigans" but not "don't".

[ 04-07-2017, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: dthcm ]

IP: Logged
Claymation Quartermain
Member
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is pathetic that grown men act like this. Just childish and moronic.

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

IP: Logged
Cattle_Mutilation
Member
Member # 59807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cattle_Mutilation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Morrison was asked to steal his passport

http://deadspin.com/ex-wweer-on-announcer-jbls-bullying-this-stuff-is-enc-1794126676

--------------------
Never Drew A Dime!

Any person applying for the position of pro wrestling referee must be of physical unfitness to the degree that the slightest nudge would render him irretrievably unconscious.

IP: Logged
Someone from Rwanda
Member
Member # 22010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Someone from Rwanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hate sports entertainment:
quote:
Originally posted by Tatsuya:
This needs to happen again




Vince Russo on BRAWL FOR ALL. Gotta agree with Russo on this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsNPLZ51nzY

So he's taking credit for pitching Brawl For it All? I thought that was a Jim Ross idea?

Russo can't even properly remember the name of the guy who ended up winning. Bart Simpson? lol

IP: Logged
Erndogg12 from Gratwick, USA
Member
Member # 5559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Erndogg12 from Gratwick, USA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JBL obviously has douche tendencies, but I don't think he's in the wrong when he ripped on Miz and Morrison if he felt they didn't celebrate/sell a title win enough. He's probably in the right in that case.

--------------------
"Tito Santana is like a cue ball -- the more you strike him, the more English you get out of him," Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

IP: Logged
Liz Hunter's Boyfriend
Member
Member # 7919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz Hunter's Boyfriend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
IP: Logged
timbo_slice
Member
Member # 20992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbo_slice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Someone from Rwanda:
quote:
Originally posted by hate sports entertainment:
quote:
Originally posted by Tatsuya:
This needs to happen again




Vince Russo on BRAWL FOR ALL. Gotta agree with Russo on this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsNPLZ51nzY

So he's taking credit for pitching Brawl For it All? I thought that was a Jim Ross idea?

Russo can't even properly remember the name of the guy who ended up winning. Bart Simpson? lol

FWIW, Bruce Prichard on his podcast said Russo came up with the idea.
IP: Logged
Liz Hunter's Boyfriend
Member
Member # 7919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz Hunter's Boyfriend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erndogg12 from Gratwick, USA:
JBL obviously has douche tendencies, but I don't think he's in the wrong when he ripped on Miz and Morrison if he felt they didn't celebrate/sell a title win enough. He's probably in the right in that case.

Yeah, just like the 11 other agents/staff that probably told them the same thing in a constructive way.

It's 2017. Time to acknowledge that the hazing in wrasslin serves no purpose, other than to titillate sadomasochistic goobers.

IP: Logged
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty sure JR said on his podcast he didn't want credit for any of that mess (particularly since it completely derailed his pet project).
IP: Logged
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brawl for All was kind of the antithesis of Ross' upbringing under Bill Watts. The Cowboy would fire people if they lost a bar fight in front of two people.
IP: Logged
Knoxvillain
Member
Member # 122943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Knoxvillain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
Brawl for All was kind of the antithesis of Ross' upbringing under Bill Watts. The Cowboy would fire people if they lost a bar fight in front of two people.

Only if they got beat up by a mark, I don't think getting your ass whipped by another superhuman Mid-South wrestler was a firing offense.
IP: Logged
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Knoxvillain:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
Brawl for All was kind of the antithesis of Ross' upbringing under Bill Watts. The Cowboy would fire people if they lost a bar fight in front of two people.

Only if they got beat up by a mark, I don't think getting your ass whipped by another superhuman Mid-South wrestler was a firing offense.
But Doc getting beat up by Bart Gunn would've been the equivalent to Doc getting beat up by Terry Daniels in Mid-South.
IP: Logged
Big Daddy Meatybone
Member
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just met Dolph Ziggler for the first time tonight here at a a Scottsdale bar avd he was hanging with Justin. Justin looked like he has packed on 50 pounds of muscle. Has he ever trained to be a wrestler?

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

"A draw is like kissing your sister" ~ Larry Nelson, 1987

IP: Logged
Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Meatybone:
Justin looked like he has packed on 50 pounds of muscle. Has he ever trained to be a wrestler?

Justin probably saw one of these ads on the back of an old comic book...

 -

Someone could be in for an ass beating.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Now on the twitter machine - @Armageddon_t

IP: Logged
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cornette's shocking take on JBL (that shows that completely different side of JBL):



Keep in mind that JBL would never f*uck with Cornette because it would likely mean the end of his life.

IP: Logged
Tatsuya
Member
Member # 80195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tatsuya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Cornette was a guest on Flair's podcast, they mentioned that Nikita Koloff use to pick on Cornette but Flair stood up for Cornette.
IP: Logged
Cattle_Mutilation
Member
Member # 59807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cattle_Mutilation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
Cornette's shocking take on JBL (that shows that completely different side of JBL):



Keep in mind that JBL would never f*uck with Cornette because it would likely mean the end of his life.

I heard this on his show last week and it was clear that all this hadn't come out fully as he didn't seem to know about it all

--------------------
Never Drew A Dime!

Any person applying for the position of pro wrestling referee must be of physical unfitness to the degree that the slightest nudge would render him irretrievably unconscious.

IP: Logged
Kilroy
Member
Member # 53

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kilroy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
honestly not shocked that Cornette would stick up for him, Cornette is a big bully as well..
IP: Logged
FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all the people coming out in support of JBL are either bullies themselves or guys who JBL would be an idiot to mess with. JBL is a bully and a coward but not a moron. He knows who to ruin and who to butter up.
IP: Logged
The Masked Avenger
Member
Member # 4839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Avenger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not saying any of this is true, but I remember that when the rumors of the shower incident with JBL and Brian Christopher startet circulating many years ago, it was always in the context that Christopher alledgedly was giving women date rape drugs and that JBL threatened to give him a taste of his own medicine.
Again, I'm not saying it's true, but those were the original rumors.

IP: Logged
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Avenger:
Not saying any of this is true, but I remember that when the rumors of the shower incident with JBL and Brian Christopher startet circulating many years ago, it was always in the context that Christopher alledgedly was giving women date rape drugs and that JBL threatened to give him a taste of his own medicine.
Again, I'm not saying it's true, but those were the original rumors.

Even if that's the case, the fact that someone acting (seemingly on behalf of Vince McMahon) to serve as "judge, jury, and executioner" speaks volumes as to how WWE sees itself as "above the law" (especially after Vince got Snuka off on murder and himself skated because of the poorly constructed--and completely botched--federal steroid trial).

WWE is a carny company but the world, in many ways, "kayfabes" (and looks the other way) to enable it. Because "it's just rasslin'," it escapes scrutiny that any other sport or business would be subjected to.

Which explains why that two-bit Uncle Tom Coachman so publicly buried this story in plain site rather than doing his job as a journalist. ESPN has been compromised for years (ever since big NFL/MLB, etc money started propping up the network) but WWE's such a minuscule part of what they cover that it's jaw-dropping that they'd have Vince's dick so far in their throat.

[ 04-11-2017, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Shaving Weezie Jefferson ]

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3