WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Mauro Ranallo (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Mauro Ranallo
SWW72 from FL
Member # 1536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWW72 from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't watch WWE so I can't comment on Mauro's work there but for NJPW I wasn't a fan of his yelling without yelling style of announcing. I much prefer JR's more laid back style for NJPW.

--------------------
SWW72

IP: Logged
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WON says Mauro has taken all references to being a WWE commentator off his Twitter.

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

BaltimoreBullet2
Member # 128675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BaltimoreBullet2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to wonder why he thought WWE would be a good fit for him. He is about as far from a typical WWE announcer as you can get.
He was perfect on NJPW and his other ventures. I'm glad he made his money and got the hell out of Dodge.

--------------------
If Donald Trump was The answer, it must have been a REALLY stupid question.

Liz Hunter's Boyfriend
Member # 7919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz Hunter's Boyfriend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is yet another example of how low class the McMahons and WWE really are. In spite of all their glitz, and aspirations of being mainstream movie-makers and show-runners, they'll always remain exactly what they are: a wrasslin' company run by a bully with adjustment disorder.

Mauro Ranallo is too good for WWE.

Pillsbury
Member # 43540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pillsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SWW72 from FL:
I don't watch WWE so I can't comment on Mauro's work there but for NJPW I wasn't a fan of his yelling without yelling style of announcing. I much prefer JR's more laid back style for NJPW.

I love JR but I thought Mauro was much better in comparison doing New Japan.Like,leaving him in the dust better.

--------------------
Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have FIVE SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!.......FIVE!!!

FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CBS Sports is reporting Mauro will not return to WWE but WWE is content letting him sit until his contract runs out on August 12th.
Tatsuya
Member # 80195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tatsuya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy cow Meltzer went off on this in his radio show...calls JBL gutless, says Vince encourages this, hopes it becomes a bigger story but ESPN is running away (and Coachman means sh*t to him) etc. Said he knew that the WWE was a bad fit for Mauro due to their bully enabling environment.
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pillsbury:
quote:

I love JR but I thought Mauro was much better in comparison doing New Japan.Like,leaving him in the dust better.
For what the industry has evolved to in 2017, Mauro's the best in the biz now. No one even close in my opinion.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

Bnicholas
Member # 23863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bnicholas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tatsuya:
Holy cow Meltzer went off on this in his radio show...calls JBL gutless, says Vince encourages this, hopes it becomes a bigger story but ESPN is running away (and Coachman means sh*t to him) etc. Said he knew that the WWE was a bad fit for Mauro due to their bully enabling environment.

my hope is that this story, combined with Justin Roberts' book and John Morrison corroborating Robert's stories will lead to a bigger story. Also with Linda in Trump's cabinet, maybe the anti-Trump folks pick up on this.

Just hoping. Anything to get JBL fired.

Pillsbury
Member # 43540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pillsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
quote:
Originally posted by Pillsbury:
quote:

For what the industry has evolved to in 2017, Mauro's the best in the biz now. No one even close in my opinion.
Totally agree with that.Mauro was on fire with Bryan doing the Cruiserweight Classic which was the best announce job that company had seen since JR's heyday.Plus Mauro got that legit cred from doing the biggest boxing match of our generation as far as buyrate goes.This company should have been thankful that someone in his position with his credentials liked Wrestling to the point he was willing to work for them.No one else in his position would've done it.

--------------------
Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have FIVE SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!.......FIVE!!!

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bnicholas:
quote:

my hope is that this story, combined with Justin Roberts' book and John Morrison corroborating Robert's stories will lead to a bigger story. Also with Linda in Trump's cabinet, maybe the anti-Trump folks pick up on this.

Interesting scenario.Wish it would be true. JBL is a regular on FOX Business and he's really a Trump supporter.

--------------------
"Racism is evil"- Donald Trump

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was Mauro's condition known by the WWE? If so, they probably should have had him work with someone else or had a stern talk with JBL.

As Mask already said, I'd love to see him paired with Rogan.

--------------------
"Racism is evil"- Donald Trump

Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bnicholas:
quote:

They can reach out to about a dozen or more former WWE wrestlers who would give more horrific stories about JBL being bully. And some of these stories could be viewed at as criminal.

Some of them were so bad I cannot believe there has not been some sort of physical altercations stemming from them.

Idol I
Member # 4061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Idol I     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the worst thing JBL has done, I read he once tied up Brian Christopher in the shower and stuck a bar of dial up his rear, not sure if its true or internet rumor.

--------------------
http://TheHistoryofWWE.com/

Andy from NY
Member # 7701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy from NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember a similar story from Charles Robinson. Not sure if it was him re-telling the same one, or him speaking of personal experience.
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Idol I:
What is the worst thing JBL has done, I read he once tied up Brian Christopher in the shower and stuck a bar of dial up his rear, not sure if its true or internet rumor.

Which everywhere on the planet is rape. Not to mention extremely gay.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Meltzer talking about the Mauro/JBL issue and relating it to something that happened in 5th grade. Really good stuff.

--------------------

Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Not sure what your opinion of his work has to do with Mauro being bullied to the point he can't do his job. Or WWE nurturing a culture of rewarding this bullying behavior.

The guy could have been a talentless hack, which Mauro is not and the story should be getting major media attention.

And here is the problem. There have been numerous stories similar to this one that involved people in the industry who may have been looked at with less talent that have suffered the same consequences.

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Here's a story from Matt Hardy on going along with JBL's "ribs" early in his career as a way of getting him to stop "ribbing" him and Jeff. Think about that for a minute. A guy who gets kids to help carry out emotional torture on other people by dangling the carrot stick of stopping their own emotional torture.

That's some sick Charles Manson/Negan-on-Walking Dead type thinking. And that it's endorsed by Vince (who literally gets off on it) is very telling.

--------------------

Palmettopig
Member # 50706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Palmettopig     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If all this is true then fans have a voice on Smackdown. Start an endless "JBL is a bully" chant.

--------------------
Follow on twitter @dixiefriedsport

Wolverine
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolverine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, we shouldnt call out all 'ribs'. Bobby Heenan did plenty of them as did Owen Hart, but at least they did harmless ones like painting whiskers on a wrestlers face. Maybe JBL should have taken his cues from them.
John Williamson
Member # 127199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Palmettopig:
If all this is true then fans have a voice on Smackdown. Start an endless "JBL is a bully" chant.

That could've started 10-15 years ago.

Anyways, hope things turn out ok for Ranallo.

James D from OH
Member # 3414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James D from OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Palmettopig:

They chanted "Fire Bradshaw" last night (although inaudible on TV, there's videos online).

--------------------
"Keep Fighting" - Heather D from OH 12/24/13.

BERT from NJ
Member # 4090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BERT from NJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they could adapt the Samoa Joe sing along to "Bas is gonna Kill You" whenever he appears it would warm my cockles.

--------------------
"Kneel before Zod"
General Zod

"You're a little out of order yourself-You insulted him a little bit, you insulted him A LITTLE BIT"
Jimmy the Gent Conway

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I liked Dave's take on ESPN. And he is right. Paraphrasing through my own understanding of Dave's argument, if Kevin Burkhart stepped away from NFL on FOX because he was getting bullied by Terry Bradshaw, ESPN would be all over it. Or is it was Roger Goodel bullying a NFL office a well liked NFL exec. But ESPN is covering WWE all the time, but not covering and looking them with these types of stories.

[ 04-13-2017, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Big Daddy Meatybone ]

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

"A draw is like kissing your sister" ~ Larry Nelson, 1987

Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

The bigger story that people keep skipping over here is the fact that Vince McMahon encourages it. Not by turning his head, but by actually feeding JBL.

Imagine the analogy of Terry Bradshaw bullying Kevin Burkhart to step away, then finding out it was Roger Goodel who was a part of it?

This story would pick up a lot more steam if Vince McMahon, who is the husband of the Administor of small business Linda McMahon has festered a culture of bullying in a business they built together.

Herd72
Member # 107695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herd72     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, Pat Miletich has taken offense at the treatment of his good friend by JBL. He has publically called out JBL and says if he "crosses paths with him" they are going to settle it "man to man whether he wants to or not." He accuses JBL of strong arming Mauro and that he "needs some similar treatment." Pat also mentioned that JBL has admitted hazing others including The Miz. He may be old but my money is on the Croation Sensation ... Bas Rutten has chimed in as well but not in so strong words.
ckb_nc
Member # 71425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ckb_nc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Herd72:
Apparently, Pat Miletich has taken offense at the treatment of his good friend by JBL. He has publically called out JBL and says if he "crosses paths with him" they are going to settle it "man to man whether he wants to or not." He accuses JBL of strong arming Mauro and that he "needs some similar treatment." Pat also mentioned that JBL has admitted hazing others including The Miz. He may be old but my money is on the Croation Sensation ... Bas Rutten has chimed in as well but not in so strong words.

JBL is legit tough but both of these guys are not be messed with; Rutten means business here
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miletich is younger than Bradshaw.

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

brawler2711
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagine a show like 20/20 picking up this story and doing a good segment on it.

--------------------
Sir Tojo: "I used Brut in the late '60's-early '70's. Used to splash it all over my crotch area after a shower--no joke.I used to get some funny reactions to that back in my early 20's. Fond memories."

Herd72
Member # 107695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herd72     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not know Miletich's age but I can tell you he is a legit bad ass. I attended a coaches clinic in Iowa several years ago where he was one of the clinicians. All I can say is I would not want him mad at me! Seems like the MMA guys are coming out of the woodwork to support Mauro. Hmmm, wonder if Lesnar is a friend of his too? Now that could get interesting.
Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently JBL is now searching Twitter and blocking people who say anything complementary about Mauro or who might even insinuate that he did anything to him. Whether he was tagged in the tweet or not. That's some next-level pettiness right there.
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
Originally posted by Gov't Mule:
Apparently JBL is now searching Twitter and blocking people who say anything complementary about Mauro or who might even insinuate that he did anything to him. Whether he was tagged in the tweet or not. That's some next-level pettiness right there.

Like the fu*cking pu*ssy he is.

[ 04-14-2017, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Shaving Weezie Jefferson ]

--------------------

brawler2711
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Former WWE Stars Ken Anderson and Shawn Daivari appeared once again on the Pancakes and Powerslams Show and discussed whether WrestleMania 33 was The Undertaker's last match, as well as backstage JBL stories. They sent us these highlights:

Full read here: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0413/625259/former-wwe-stars-on-edge-and-john-morrison-standing-up-to-jbl/

Anderson shares a time where both Edge and John Morrison stood up to JBL:

"Paul Heyman told me this story about how JBL was needling Edge on a bus, overseas. Edge was pretty new to the company, and [JBL kept needling him]. JBL had a beer in his hand, Edge just stood up, and swatted the beer out of his hand, and said 'Let's go right now. I'm sick of it.' From that point on, JBL said 'Oh calm down, sweetheart.' Everything was smoothed over, and he didn't mess with him again.

"[John Morrison] stood up to him one night. JBL didn't like the way him and Miz had sold at the end of their match. They hadn't celebrated enough. [JBL was getting on him], and Johnny basically just snapped on him, and told him to mind his own business. They almost went at it."

Daivari shares a story when he stood up to JBL:

"John came [backstage] and just picked me as his target. A bunch of people weren't watching [his main event match from backstage], and he goes, 'Shawn Daivari doesn't need to watch the main event! Shawn Daivari knows everything about everything in wrestling! Shawn doesn't have to watch the main event! He's good, he's got it!' And I said, 'No. You've been doing the same match 17 nights in a row. I can call every single move you did, I can tell you exactly what happened, I can tell you what heat you did to the crowd to get them involved, I've seen it! No, I don't need to watch it tonight!'"

--------------------
Sir Tojo: "I used Brut in the late '60's-early '70's. Used to splash it all over my crotch area after a shower--no joke.I used to get some funny reactions to that back in my early 20's. Fond memories."

brawler2711
Member # 26849

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

The thing about JBL is: He makes very good points about the biz that will always get lost because he's such a pathetic c*unt.

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Really good detailed look at JBL's bullying here:

http://www.fightful.com/jbl-and-wwes-culture-hazing-bullying-oral-history

Good to know that if a riot ever breaks out at the broadcast both, JBL will know who to trust. Wouldn't want some 6 year old girl in an "I'm a Hugger" T-shirt going for his eye.

--------------------

brawler2711
Member # 26849

>

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

http://www.wpxi.com/news/trending-now/stories-of-wwe-bullying-pour-onto-web-include-espn-anchor-who-defended-company/512091938

Deadspin unearthed an interview Coachman did with BackSportsPage.com in 2014 where he said he was set up by WWE’s top management - Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Jerry Briscoe and Paul “Triple H” Levesque - to believe he was arrested for running an illegal football pool in the locker room. He said he was berated by McMahon for shaming the company for 45 minutes then driven off by police, before being being returned to the arena.

Truthfully...that one was kinda hysterical.

--------------------

brawler2711
Member # 26849

quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
Really good detailed look at JBL's bullying here:

http://www.fightful.com/jbl-and-wwes-culture-hazing-bullying-oral-history

Good to know that if a riot ever breaks out at the broadcast both, JBL will know who to trust. Wouldn't want some 6 year old girl in an "I'm a Hugger" T-shirt going for his eye.

For the hell of it, I e-mailed a link of that to ABC news as a news story submission.

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346&cat=20/20

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations