WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » World Class cards in Chicago area during 1989

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: World Class cards in Chicago area during 1989
REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any info on these cards? Was the plan to run Chicago regularly following the 12/13/88 Super Clash?

1/14/89 Hammond, IN
Kerry Von Erich & Jimmy Jack Funk (subs for Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin) beat Samoan Swat Team in 17:57 when manager Buddy Roberts was pinned
Iceman Parsons dcor Brickhouse Brown in 17:02
Jerry Lawler beat Kerry Von Erich dq in 21:27
Chavo Guerrero beat Super Black Ninja via pin in 10:25
Calypso Jim beat Buddy Roberts via pin
att: 550

1/15/89 Melrose Park, IL
Kerry Von Erich & Jimmy Jack Funk & Chavo Guerrero beat Samoan Swat Team & Super Black Ninja when Chavo pinned Fatu
Iceman Parsons beat Calypso Jim
Kerry Von Erich beat Super Black Ninja
Jimmy Jack Funk beat Buddy Roberts via pin
att: 513 sellout

1/16/89 Chicago, IL @ Copernicus Theater
Iceman Parsons vs Brickhouse Brown 18:07
Chavo Guerrero beat Super Black Ninja via pin
Kevin Von Erich & Kerry Von Erich & Jimmy Jack Funk beat Samoan Swat Team & Buddy Roberts when Funk pinned Roberts after a bulldog
Calypso Jim beat Buddy Roberts via pin
att: 617

2/25/89 Chicago, IL @ St. Rita High School
Brickhouse Brown & Eric Embry beat Beauty & The Beast
Kerry Von Erich beat Master Of Pain via pin
Bill Irwin beat Crusher Davidson via pin
Cactus Jack Manson beat Rockin Randy via pin
Sonny Rogers beat Tokyo Bullet
att: 750

3/20/89 Chicago, IL @ Copernicus Theater
Brickhouse Brown beat Beauty
Chris Adams & Jimmy Jack Funk beat Gary Young & Cactus Jack
Bill Irwin beat Buddy Roberts
Eric Embry beat Cactus Jack in a steel cage match

[ 03-20-2017, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: REO Speeddealer ]

IP: Logged
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Refresh me on who Super Black Ninja was, please.

--------------------
"If I had realized that you people would be so damned stupid as to give the world champion $750,000, I would have made myself the champion." — Ole Anderson, to the executives at WCW and WTBS

REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Coach:

Muta.
tamalie from MN
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamalie from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was unrelated to Super Clash III. World Class was openly soliciting bookings for cards on its TV, either asking for fundraiser type shows or fishing for local promoters to give the promotion a guarantee in exchange for getting to book wrestlers and get plugs on the locally aired TV show. A guy whose name escapes me gave it a go in these venues. He may have had a connection to Buddy Roberts who was in the process of winding down his career in World Class in order to move to Chicago where lived until his death.
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by REO Speeddealer:
quote:

Muta.
I kind of thought that but the timing seemed off. This must've been right before he went to Atlanta.

--------------------
"If I had realized that you people would be so damned stupid as to give the world champion $750,000, I would have made myself the champion." — Ole Anderson, to the executives at WCW and WTBS

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Talk about bringing back some memories. I was at the Hammond card. I vividly remember being pissed when the announcement was made that Garvin and Hayes weren't showing.
Dan P-170
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P-170     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by REO Speeddealer:
quote:

Muta.
I kind of thought that but the timing seemed off. This must've been right before he went to Atlanta.
He debuted in March.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations