WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » RIP Bernie Wrightson, Swamp Thing Co-Creator

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIP Bernie Wrightson, Swamp Thing Co-Creator
codystarbuck
Member # 27176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for codystarbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Legendary comic book and horror artist bernie has passed away, after a long struggle with brain cancer. Wrightson is best known as the co-creator of Swamp Thing; but he had a long career that included work for Warren (including the famous story, "Jennifer"), National Lampoon, Marvel, Heavy Metal and some of the independent publishers. His Captain Sternn was featured in the Heavy Metal movie and he did design work on the movie Serenity. on the Reavers and the poster and graphic novella for Creepshow (inspired by his beloved EC Comics).

My favorite comic work is Captain Sternn; but, probably his greatest artistic work was Frankenstein, where he created illustrations of the novel, simulating old illustrative techniques.

--------------------
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it’s as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues." —Terry Pratchett

IP: Logged
Soletaker
Member # 1564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soletaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A truly talented artist. His art on House of Mystery was the selling point for the book to me.
Pbhero
Member # 81542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pbhero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odd, I grabbed his Hulk vs Thing book for my reading pile last week.

Was a big fan of his Batman:Cult mini and his Jennifer story and Creepshow as mentioned above.

RIP

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations