WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » RIP Chuck Berry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIP Chuck Berry
oblongo
Member # 2502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oblongo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

IP: Logged
oblongo
Member # 2502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oblongo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/legendary-musician-chuck-berry-dead-90/story?id=46228597
Gabba Hey
Member # 20936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabba Hey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one really sucks! What a great entertainer. Nothing like hearing " My Ding-a-Ling " live. I'm glad I got the opportunity. RIP Chuck. Truly a great performer!!

--------------------
Im your huckleberry - Tombstone -- Sometimes to beat the bully. you have to be the bully. Michael Jordan. vs the Pistons

gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Legend is often over used but not this time

--------------------
gulascantfoolus is the greatest
user name EVER regardless of any silly contest

RickMarx
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RickMarx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is this: He could play a guitar just like ringing a bell. RIP

--------------------
The science of brutality, the technology of pain.

RickMarx
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RickMarx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this leave the Killer as the last man standing?

--------------------

Valueratio
Member # 4486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valueratio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7728700/chuck-berry-dead

A fair and balanced look at his complicated personality.

No question about his importance to American culture, but his was not the best personality.

RIP to a pop culture giant.

1bruiser
Member # 2903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1bruiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was one of my rock and roll heroes. Wrote'em, sang'em, and played that spirited guitar. To this day the intro to "Johnny B Goode" is still one of the best.

Rest In Peace, Chuck Berry

oblongo
Member # 2502

quote:
Originally posted by RickMarx:

Just off the top of my head, Buddy Guy, Little Richard and Fats Domino are all still alive. Jerry Lee and Buddy are still touring.
Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Ganja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Mr. Berry.

--------------------

I don't like the divorce font!
---
Your old lady's old lady has got skinnier legs!!!
---
And BABY DOLL...shame on you mama...cause I know you better than anyone!

Tatsuya
Member # 80195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tatsuya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't remember at what age I first saw him....I just remember he's the first guy I ever thought was cool.
RickMarx
Member # 7979

Thanks, oblongo, I couldn't remember about Little Richard, thought Fats died not long after hurricane Katrina, and I think of Buddy Guy as a blues guy.

--------------------

Beyond Salem
Member # 1597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beyond Salem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Chuck.
oblongo
Member # 2502

Fats is still alive.
Mr. Parts Unknown
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Parts Unknown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gabba Hey:
Nothing like hearing " My Ding-a-Ling " live.

Would you believe this was Chuck's one and only No. 1 hit?

Mind-boggling considering his volume of greatness. And I agree with Gulascantfoolus. The word 'legend' is often overused, but not in this case.

R.I.P. Chuck Berry.

Oh, and I'm still expecting to hear from alien beings one day that came across one of the two Voyager space probes.

-

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP to a truly legend.

Gotta a question. Why wasn't he active since the 80s? The 80s is arguably the last great decade of Rock. I don't recall him making any special appearances.

--------------------
"Racism is evil"- Donald Trump

Daddy Dewdrop
Member # 3960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daddy Dewdrop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oblongo:
quote:
Originally posted by RickMarx:

Just off the top of my head, Buddy Guy, Little Richard and Fats Domino are all still alive. Jerry Lee and Buddy are still touring.
Should also mention Don Everly of the Everly Brothers is still alive, as is Duane Eddy.

[ 03-19-2017, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: Daddy Dewdrop ]

BERT from NJ
Member # 4090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BERT from NJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Farewell to the King. RIP and thanks for providing the backbone and blueprint of the music I've enjoyed most througout my life.

--------------------
"Kneel before Zod"
General Zod

"You're a little out of order yourself-You insulted him a little bit, you insulted him A LITTLE BIT"
Jimmy the Gent Conway

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

1bruiser
Member # 2903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1bruiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hail! Hail! Rock and Roll

Liz Hunter's Boyfriend
Member # 7919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz Hunter's Boyfriend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valueratio:
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7728700/chuck-berry-dead

A fair and balanced look at his complicated personality.

No question about his importance to American culture, but his was not the best personality.

RIP to a pop culture giant.

I could see how Mr. Berry might be a little cross, especially seeing how the Mann Act was used against him.

Hell, Elvis transported a teenage Priscilla to the United States, from Germany!

Jerry Lee married a teenager, and beat her to boot, but it was all in the family, so the law had nothing to say about it.

So, there's a couple more "not the best personalities" for ya.

Duke Of Dorchester
Member # 6218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duke Of Dorchester   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guy was a POS/Retard... Good riddance...

--------------------
[[[----------]]]

Gabba Hey
Member # 20936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabba Hey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very classy Duke. Sometimes it's better to say nothing at all.

--------------------
Im your huckleberry - Tombstone -- Sometimes to beat the bully. you have to be the bully. Michael Jordan. vs the Pistons

King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P. to a great artist

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

The Eagle 2 from FL
Member # 6289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Eagle 2 from FL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P. Chuck Berry

--------------------
"Courage is being affraid but saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Gil Wilcox
Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gil Wilcox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP to Chuck Berry.

I love the footage of him giving Keif Richards a hard time on CAROL.

Starchild0224
Member # 4940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starchild0224     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
RIP to a truly legend.

Gotta a question. Why wasn't he active since the 80s? The 80s is arguably the last great decade of Rock. I don't recall him making any special appearances.

I saw him in Vegas at the Desert Inn in 1994. He was amazing. Put on an incredible show and did the duck-walk all night long. RIP to a legend.

--------------------
I agree with James Beard.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations