WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » any good in person stories of wrestlers...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: any good in person stories of wrestlers...
hate sports entertainment
Member # 126344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hate sports entertainment     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...taking it out on a fan who decided to get into the action?

I still love recalling half of Greensboro's finest attempting to keep some redneck out of the cage during the July 1987 match between Ric Flair and Jimmy Garvin. Man that guy was determined to get in the ring! LOL!

Always thought Ronnie, at ringside, would've intervened but I guess even then he was still protecting the biz. Good stuff in the NWA 80s.

IP: Logged
Frogs
Member # 51578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was at a CWF show when JJ Dillon and Kendo Nagasaki were walking around ringside. Kendo was in front and some fan at ringside took a swing at Kendo from behind as he passed.

The fan missed, but before Kendo had even turned around to see what was going on, Dillon had knocked the fan out with a forearm. They both just kinda looked at the guy and shrugged and kept on walking.

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody tried to attack Ox Baker at a show I was at, once. Ox might not have been the best worker in the ring, but it did not go well for the fan who thought jumping Ol' Foxy Oxy was a good idea.

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

unclefester
Member # 17559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unclefester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I worked a show (ring announcer) back in the early 80's in London Ontario. Had a guy who went by Sheik Ali. He went outside the ring and pushed a young guy who was heckling him and the guy gets on the blower and calls the cops. Ali (Dave Smith out of Hamilton Ontario) was arrested and charged by the London city police department and had to show up in court.

I wasn't at the "trial" but it made the local newspaper. While he certainly shoved the fan he got on the stand and told the judge that the guy had insulted his mother with some vulgar comments.

The judge said well we can't have any of that and dismissed the case.

Sheik Ali was a free man...

--------------------
Two out of three falls with a 60 minute time limit...

Werdna
Member # 38248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Werdna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite a bit in WCW during the MNW period.
steuben
Member # 126350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steuben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in Greensboro once when some damned fool standing about 5 feet away from me actually spit right in Wahoo's face.....not a good idea as Wahoo knocked him into next week, while his partner Tully Blanchard just smirked.

I also saw someone from the brainless brigade attack Dory Funk, Jr from behind, that one lasted all of 10 seconds before the cops got there, 8 of those seconds were of Dunk throwin the idiot on the ground and holding him there in some kind of hold that hurt like hell.

The last one I remember where the wrestler took it out on the idiot fan was when some fool hit Greg Valentine and Valentine knocked him down and got about 5-6 good boots in before the cops came and arrested the guy, after which Valentine promptly went into the ring and resumed his match against Ricky Steamboat, who (justifiably) made no attempt to help the fan or to stop Greg.

Gabba Hey
Member # 20936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabba Hey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any good arena stories. But was sitting in Harpos one night. (Bret Hart was a partial owner of the bar) I had no idea Raw was even in town that night. And Rikishi, the Godfather, Benoit, and MaLenko came in and sat next to me and a friend. Just started talking (never even brought up wrestling) they asked if we would drive them to a strip club, so we did. Hung out for the night, just a fun time. Still have a dollar bill autographed by them.

--------------------
Im your huckleberry - Tombstone -- Sometimes to beat the bully. you have to be the bully. Michael Jordan. vs the Pistons

midsouthfan from N.O.
Member # 1508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for midsouthfan from N.O.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO Municiple Auditorium 1985

Dibiase & Tom Prichard arrive together in the parking lot. Dibiase & Doc are facing Jake the Snake & The Barbarian that night. Some dumb fan decided to get in Ted's face. Ted procedes to smack the taste out his mouth.

-

******Oh well, for the 1000th time I've tried to post a dang pic. Heck this time, after reading the instructions again, I googled Top 10 Image Hosting sites - download #1. Voila- I failed again. [Confused]

[ 03-19-2017, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: midsouthfan from N.O. ]

RonnieP
Member # 38045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RonnieP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK so mine is pretty cool...I guess.....Went to Universal Orlando when the Road Warriors were there....watching some taped matches....had a break and asked someone where the bathroom was...they said go behind those curtains, so I did......went by a buffett table.....on my way back saw a guy at the curtain...knowing I really kinds went the wrong way and not wanting to be in the wrong place scenario, just walked up and said man, excuse me.......he turned around and said buddy how ya doin.......it was Hawk and I just kept going thinking about getting back to my seat....she seemed friendly when he said it and the after thought would have been,,,,,should I have stayed there and talked to him?.....
Frogs
Member # 51578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple more..

A guy decided it would be a good idea to jump the the barricade and attempt to tackle Buzz Sawyer on his way to the ring.

As it turned out, this was NOT a good idea. It turned out to be a very, very bad idea. It was very quick but in the end Buzz walked to the ring and the now unconscious guy was carried out.

Another drunk guy thought it would be a good idea to grab Gordon's mic and scream "Give 'em hell Dust!!" into the PA system. While Dusty and Kevin Sullivan were mixing it up outside the ring.

Dusty was surprisingly quick when he wanted. In one move he yelled "Gimme dat!", hit the fan with an open handed slap that knocked him to the ground and grabbed the mic. The then put his arm around Gordon, handed him the mic and you could hear the following over the PA, "You ok " "Yeah, thanks".

Alfred Ticineto,
Member # 1855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alfred Ticineto,   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't a fan jump into the ring and attack Buddy Colt in Atlanta one night, and wrestlers from the back ran to the ring? I think I remember reading something about that way back.

[ 03-16-2017, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Alfred Ticineto, ]

mckinneydg
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should know this, but what's the deal with the footage of Terry Gordy shoving a fan at what I assume is the Sportatorium. Bearded guy taunting him gets a two-handed shove.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

Pillsbury
Member # 43540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pillsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^I f*cking love that footage of Gordy.It was definitely the Sportatorium.Dude was a tall dungy looking guy,may have even had a drink in his hands.Gets in Gordy's face with his arm outstretched and Gordy tumbleweeds the guy with a two hand shove without even thinking about it.Awesome stuff.When's there's just a rope between you and the athletes,watch your step.

--------------------
Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have FIVE SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!.......FIVE!!!

mckinneydg
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They put it in the Freebirds WWE HOF video too I believe. It's such a great shot.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This kinda relates. Whenever the NWA came to Chicago, the wrestlers would party it up on Division and Rush street. Their presence brought in lots of patrons. As my friends and I arrived, we saw people from our neighborhood. One of my high school buddies who I was on the wrestling team was in the back of the paddy wagon. Apparently, he was sick of his friends fawning over the wrestlers. He said that they showed up to look for girls and not suck off the wrestlers. Animal misheard my friend and he gave him a stiff arm to the face sending him to the other side of the bar. Flair then grabbed him and threw him out. My buddy found a police sgt and demanded Animal be arrested. The sgt told him that the wrestlers never bother anyone and they bring in customers. My friend called the sarge a chicken ****. Well, that got him sent to the station.

Imagine that. You get bounced from one end of the bar to the other and then get arrested to boot. I saw him ten years ago and we laughed about this incident. Oh, and my buddy had a rep for being a badass.

--------------------
"Racism is evil"- Donald Trump

hate sports entertainment
Member # 126344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hate sports entertainment     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mckinneydg:
I should know this, but what's the deal with the footage of Terry Gordy shoving a fan at what I assume is the Sportatorium. Bearded guy taunting him gets a two-handed shove.

I had read somewhere a few years back that the guy was a plant. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. I would hope nobody would've been that dumb?
Herd72
Member # 107695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herd72     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would venture lots of Samoans tried this when someone was beating the High Chief Peter Maivia ... I think Patterson had some stories about it on the old Wrestling Roundtable shows.
mckinneydg
Member # 48545

quote:
Originally posted by hate sports entertainment:
quote:
Originally posted by mckinneydg:

I had read somewhere a few years back that the guy was a plant. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. I would hope nobody would've been that dumb?
It was effective if so, that's a great visual.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no interesting stories involving wrestlers. None.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

First Row Al
Member # 127224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for First Row Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a several "in person" stories about professional wrestlers. One was when I punched Crybaby Cannon in the stomach in the ring back in 1968 when Cannon was letting fans come into the ring and try their luck with his gut. I used to harass Cannon from ringside and he got fed up and demanded I come into the ring and try and make him flinch. I climbed into the ring and punched him in the gut. He never moved and he then chased me back out of the ring.

Another "in person" episode was when the one of the Medics in 1970 jumped out of the ring and slapped me across the face with a towel after I was yelling at him. He couldn't take the heat I guess. Anyway Mike LeBell of the Olympic Auditorium threw me out and banned me for life on that night.

I guess that's as personal as it gets.

Dirko
Member # 125609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by midsouthfan from N.O.:

Dibiase & Tom Prichard arrive together in the parking lot. Dibiase & Doc are facing Jake the Snake & The Barbarian that night. Some dumb fan decided to get in Ted's face. Ted procedes to smack the taste out his mouth.

-

******Oh well, for the 1000th time I've tried to post a dang pic. Heck this time, after reading the instructions again, I googled Top 10 Image Hosting sites - download #1. Voila- I failed again. [Confused]

If you edit your post and take out the "http://" before the "https:", it will be visible.

--------------------
"I have decided to be happy because it is good for my health."
(Voltaire)

I shop at One Stop
Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I shop at One Stop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by First Row Al:

Another "in person" episode was when the one of the Medics in 1970 jumped out of the ring and slapped me across the face with a towel after I was yelling at him. He couldn't take the heat I guess. Anyway Mike LeBell of the Olympic Auditorium threw me out and banned me for life on that night.

I guess that's as personal as it gets.

Did you try getting back in the next show with a mask?

[ 03-18-2017, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: I shop at One Stop ]

--------------------
Where you buy it by the can or buy it by the case

ponyplayer19
Member # 8537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponyplayer19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by unclefester:
I worked a show (ring announcer) back in the early 80's in London Ontario. Had a guy who went by Sheik Ali. He went outside the ring and pushed a young guy who was heckling him and the guy gets on the blower and calls the cops. Ali (Dave Smith out of Hamilton Ontario) was arrested and charged by the London city police department and had to show up in court.

I wasn't at the "trial" but it made the local newspaper. While he certainly shoved the fan he got on the stand and told the judge that the guy had insulted his mother with some vulgar comments.

The judge said well we can't have any of that and dismissed the case.

Sheik Ali was a free man...

In my mind, the judge is played by Lance Russell.
FuzzFace
Member # 98738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzFace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by midsouthfan from N.O.:

-

--------------------
FREE BEER PARTY 7-8 PM FOR ALL FANS

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know Maryy Jannetty well. Does that answer your question?

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

SHAQ
Member # 7488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHAQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spent a few hours drinking with The Undertaker and Rick Steiner at the Doll House in Tampa . Also once at McDintons(I think that was the name) in Tampa after The Dusty Homecoming Show in 89 I sat and drank with Gordon Solie and Otto Wanz

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations