WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Southpaw Regional Wrestling (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Southpaw Regional Wrestling
Wolverine
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolverine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, its not some obscure regional fed, it's the newest show from the WWE Network:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/842074228312559616

(It'll be interesting if there are actual matches, and if they'll be laid out like old school stuff as well)

IP: Logged
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow that looks NOTHING like "Citizen Pain."

On the bright side, "Sex Ferguson" is one of the most legit funny characters I've ever seen in wrestling.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

mckinneydg
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the SRW logo.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Berberovic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read somewhere that this will **** Corny off, but when is Jim not pissed? That's his go-to.

If this is a ongoing thing, might be worth checking out....

Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feeding into the suspicion that WWE reads our posts on here for ideas, I know I came up with this idea before. I just need to find the post to prove it

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

"A draw is like kissing your sister" ~ Larry Nelson, 1987

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Meatybone:
Feeding into the suspicion that WWE reads our posts on here for ideas, I know I came up with this idea before. I just need to find the post to prove it

I did more than "come up with idea," I had a show pretty much identical to this in development at the Fight Network in 2008.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
quote:

I did more than "come up with idea," I had a show pretty much identical to this in development at the Fight Network in 2008.
That would pre-date my idea for sure

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

The fact that Tony Shiavone has asked Kevin Dunn and Vince for a job several times over the years and even since the network started and they didn't think to use him for this show.

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Blue Meanie, Al Snow, Percy Pringle, Rich Landrum, and Les Thatcher were attached to "Citizen Pain." Was a show-within-a-show ala "The Larry Sanders Show."

This is WWE so I'm guessing the humor is probably gonna be dumber than our scripts but like I said, I am a fan of Gallows' "Sex Ferguson" character. If they let him improvise, it'll be hilarious.

--------------------

Cattle_Mutilation
Member # 59807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cattle_Mutilation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Blue Meanie, Al Snow, Percy Pringle, Rich Landrum, and Les Thatcher were attached to "Citizen Pain." Was a show-within-a-show ala "The Larry Sanders Show."

This is WWE so I'm guessing the humor is probably gonna be dumber than our scripts but like I said, I am a fan of Gallows' "Sex Ferguson" character. If they let him improvise, it'll be hilarious.

If Sex Ferguson is the star of this (as he should be) and let loose this will be incredible! We can live in hope

--------------------
Never Drew A Dime!

Any person applying for the position of pro wrestling referee must be of physical unfitness to the degree that the slightest nudge would render him irretrievably unconscious.

Cattle_Mutilation
Member # 59807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cattle_Mutilation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the uninitiated:

--------------------
Never Drew A Dime!

Any person applying for the position of pro wrestling referee must be of physical unfitness to the degree that the slightest nudge would render him irretrievably unconscious.

djkm77
Member # 26160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djkm77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the Good Brother but my all time favorite is Kayfabe the movie.

For memory the greatest wrestling movie ever

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

I tried twice to sit through five minutes of "Kayfabe."

--------------------

mckinneydg
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A shirt is coming soon apparently.

https://twitter.com/WShopUpdates/status/842496722198827009

-

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Berberovic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cattle_Mutilation:
For the uninitiated:

That's good ****, right there! [Big Grin]
Curt Injurker
Member # 6203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt Injurker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Legit LOL at "....send him down to CMLL, get him polished up a bit, teach him a little lucha libre....send him up to Stu, learn him how to stretch a little bit....thorw a littlie gas in his ass, pump him up, and call Vince....."
Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad the clips of the AWA parody from the 80s that was done in someone's basement or whatever seem to have vanished off youtube.

[ 03-17-2017, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: Arnold_OldSchool ]

mckinneydg
Member # 48545

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Okay, this actually isn't like "Citizen Pain."

"Citizen Pain" was actually funny.

--------------------

xjasonx
Member # 15463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xjasonx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arnold_OldSchool:
Too bad the clips of the AWA parody from the 80s that was done in someone's basement or whatever seem to have vanished off youtube.

Arnold check your pm's
Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

I've seen some online debate on who CHett CHetfield is. I thought it wss Cesaro but many are saying Rollins or Fandango.
It reminds me of Will Arnett's character in Semi-Pro

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

FuzzFace
Member # 98738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzFace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I smoked a joint and watched the episodes. I had an amused expression going on.

--------------------
FREE BEER PARTY 7-8 PM FOR ALL FANS

Cattle_Mutilation
Member # 59807

quote:
I've seen some online debate on who CHett CHetfield is. I thought it wss Cesaro but many are saying Rollins or Fandango.
It reminds me of Will Arnett's character in Semi-Pro

It's Fandango/Jonny Curtis

--------------------
Never Drew A Dime!

HMFiles from WA
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HMFiles from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We're live, pal."

I think that's an obscure reference to Sycho Sid botching a promo at In Your House #2 and asking for a do-over.

See the start of this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ-bFEhs4q4

--------------------
Here's to Mark.

FuzzFace
Member # 98738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzFace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not obscure..it is

--------------------

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is the drunk announcer a shot at Solie?

I dig the graphics parody more than the humor.

BRUNORULZ
Member # 82344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BRUNORULZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched the vids above and am still waiting for the humorous parts !
hate sports entertainment
Member # 126344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hate sports entertainment     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still it found it more entertaining than today's WWE product.
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Chris Jericho "comedy" is the most overrated thing in wrestling (and I think the guy's a pretty entertaining actor in the right situation).

--------------------

Wolverine
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolverine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Chris Jericho "comedy" is the most overrated thing in wrestling (and I think the guy's a pretty entertaining actor in the right situation).

Even stuff like 1004 holds? Or for that matter, this promo?:

Gabba Hey
Member # 20936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabba Hey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this on now? I checked on WWE originals, and didn't see it. What category is it on?

--------------------
Im your huckleberry - Tombstone -- Sometimes to beat the bully. you have to be the bully. Michael Jordan. vs the Pistons

FuzzFace
Member # 98738

lol

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
Originally posted by Wolverine:
quote:

Even stuff like 1004 holds? Or for that matter, this promo?:

I've said before I liked his schtick in WCW. Haven't found him funny in 10 or 15 years. There's a certain self-aware "Oh, aren't I clever" aura to his material now that I find grating.

--------------------

JHawk
Member # 4653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JHawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gabba Hey:
Is this on now? I checked on WWE originals, and didn't see it. What category is it on?

Youtube and WWE.com, but they are embedded higher in this thread.

--------------------
"Wrestling fans watching a wrestling program want to see wrestlers wrestle!" -Jim Cornette

Don't miss Smart Mark Radio, Sunday nights at 6pm Eastern/3pm Pacific at www.blogtalkradio.com/smartmarkradio

Gabba Hey
Member # 20936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabba Hey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!

--------------------
Im your huckleberry - Tombstone -- Sometimes to beat the bully. you have to be the bully. Michael Jordan. vs the Pistons

Stephen Gennarelli
Member # 21747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Gennarelli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to know Kevin Sullivan's booking is still inspiring new things in Wrestling.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... that's a half hour I'll never get back.

... at least I didn't put any more time into watching it thn they did into making it.

*smh* from the Sunshine State...

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

So I guess if I actually do make "Citizen Pain" now, people will claim it's a ripoff of "Southpaw Regional Wrestling," right?

But like with a real story and sh*it that's actually funny.

--------------------

habsfan87 from NL
Member # 8038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for habsfan87 from NL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was not very good.
Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc Gallows has been doing the Sex Ferguson gimmick for sometime now, and was funny doing it.

I thought the Southpaw show was okay, for a minute or two. After that it got boring and redundant.

Funny that they parodied "Southern Rasslin." But I imagine if they parodied Northeastern Wrestling, all they would need is a wall with wet paint...and watch it dry.

--------------------
follow me on twitter at: @mattfarmer93
www.defywrestling.com
http://mlwradio.com/

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations