WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » The Sheik vs Bull Curry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Sheik vs Bull Curry
Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was there an angle where The Sheik and Bull Curry started wrestling each other? When and how did Bull become a babyface in Detroit? Same question for Bull in Texas.

Did the two ever team?

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

IP: Logged
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure the two did team; probably a few times over the years. Think I've seen a couple of cards from NYC with the two teaming. Of course, it's been so long since I saw it, it could have been a Pittsburg card, or Philly, right?

Bull's 'face turn came very late in his career in Detroit/Toronto, and to this day, I'm not entirely certain how it happened. Supposedly because the Sheik was mauling Freddie, but that happened a few times over the years, so why that one particular time? But then, a lot of the Detroit and Toronto angles didn't have a whole lot of logic behind them.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Cincinnati Kid
Member # 339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cincinnati Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bull and The Sheik did meet in the Farhat Promotion in the late 1960's. While still rough and tough, I think Bull became more of a favorite of the fans when he teammed with Fred against heel teams such as the Hell's Angels. That continued when Bull would meet heels in singles competition.
Skullbutt
Member # 21433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skullbutt         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At Capital, the Sheik and Curry were regular partners.
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sure was strange cheering for Bull in Detroit

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations