WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » RIP Dennis Stamp

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIP Dennis Stamp
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cue cliche-riddled and disrespectful "he was never booked" jokes in 3...2...1...

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

IP: Logged
Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also let's get the cheesy "he's been booked...into heaven" line out of the way.

Seriously though, RIP Mr. Stamp.

Stephen Gennarelli
Member # 21747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Gennarelli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew him from the Apter mags and think he appeared as a jobber at an AWA taping from Vegas.
But he was one of the standout performers in "Beyond the Mat" and I'm sure both of the legendary Funk boys have heavy hearts today at the passing of their friend and neighbor.
RIP to a fine hand in his day..Dennis Stamp.

Vulture
Member # 10205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vulture     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP, I only saw him in action in that Funk Hart match that he reffed but he was a damn fine ref.
gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP to a guy that should be remembered better than he most likely will

--------------------
gulascantfoolus is the greatest
user name EVER regardless of any silly contest

MIDNIGHT RAIDER
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MIDNIGHT RAIDER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was a great amature wrestler here in Texas. He was at the opening event of the only intercolegiate wrestling program here in the state. He was a good friend of our head coach.
He was a good guy by all accounts.
RIP Dennis

Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Ganja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP

--------------------
Your old lady's old lady has got skinnier legs!!!
---
And BABY DOLL...shame on you mama...cause I know you better than anyone!

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember him from Florida early in his career. He wasn't like an obvious star or anything, but you wouldn't have picked him as 'most likely to become a joke' either. RIP

So long from the Sunshine State.

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

ponyplayer19
Member # 8537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponyplayer19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
I remember him from Florida early in his career. He wasn't like an obvious star or anything, but you wouldn't have picked him as 'most likely to become a joke' either. RIP

So long from the Sunshine State.

Appears he got a decent push during his Florida run.
ponyplayer19
Member # 8537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponyplayer19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only saw him in real time doing jobs at Showboat tapings for the AWA. He was a good worker then. I had no idea that he had had a decent career in the 70's.
Beyond Salem
Member # 1597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beyond Salem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Dennis,

He had a very good run in Vancouver during the early -mid 70's and was decent in the enhancement role later in the AWA and WWF.

sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL
Member # 5431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP. I joked about Dennis way too much. All due respect he was a good worker.

--------------------
Be yourself and look yourself in the mirror with pride each day. If you were to die today what would your fellow man say about you?? Mark Markley-gone but never forgotten

Ordell
Member # 6033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ordell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, source on this?
White Fang from WA
Member # 1458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for White Fang from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the finish?

--------------------
The reason raindances work is because they don't stop dancing until it rains.

Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw very little of his work, but what I saw was solid stuff. R.I.P.

--------------------
Cynthia Celeste Miller
Spectrum Games

Check out my band, Eminent Remains, on Facebook.

Kilroy
Member # 53

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kilroy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ordell:
Um, source on this?

his obituary.
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought he was a good hand. Like others have said, ashamed he's become a punchline.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

mckinneydg
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/dennis-stamp-passes-away-after-battling-cancer-231736

http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2017/03/13/22710425.html

I couldn't find a newspaper obituary in the quick search I did, but there's two reputable cites.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

Mississippi fan
Member # 444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mississippi fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP. Stamps was a former two-time Tri-State US Tag Team Champ with Bull Bullinski & Dewey Robertson. And Brass Knuckles Champ in the Amarllo territory.
djangoska
Member # 10798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djangoska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Mr. Stamp

--------------------
Majority rule wont work in a mental institution.

50 years fan
Member # 5632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 years fan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I SAW HIM WRESTLE SEVERAL TIMES ON THE LA SPANISH LANGUAGE STATION DURING THE '70'S.HE WAS REALLY GOOD.HE DESERVED MORE OF A PUSH.
unclefester
Member # 17559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unclefester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P. Mr. Stamp

--------------------
Two out of three falls with a 60 minute time limit...

bAzTNM
Member # 8494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bAzTNM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He wasn't a joke. He just had more charisma than about 80percent of the people in "Beyond the Mat".

From the film, he seemed a nice man. Condolonences to his family.

[ 03-14-2017, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: bAzTNM ]

--------------------
From Scotland!

My website with random stuff

Paulie
Member # 124710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paulie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP. Good hand.
Scot V from TX
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scot V from TX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grew up in San Antonio and became a wrestling fan in the 70's/80's there. Dennis Stamp wrestled as a kinda mid card bad guy at the time. Would make apperances on TV against the local preliminary wrestlers and get the win, but often come up on the short end of the stick at Hemisfair Arena shows against Wahoo or Scott Casey. IIRC his finishing move on TV was a double arm suplex. (Back in 1981 that was kinda devastating).

He was a bit more than just the 'guy from Beyond The Mat'.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations