WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Shawn Michaels comments on Goldberg vs. Lesnar WrestleMania match

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shawn Michaels comments on Goldberg vs. Lesnar WrestleMania match
CS
Member # 4568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most people are expecting Goldberg vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania to go 5-7 minutes. Ol' HBK has a very different take on the situation.

quote:
"It is, it's one of those, whatever the object that doesn't move and the immovable force or however that saying goes. And I think they will, I think they'll do their high-impact stuff, but the thing is, I think both of those guys are smart enough, they'll get some mileage out of that and be able to tell a good story with that." Michaels continued, "I'm going to say, I think with those guys, they can tell a story, I mean, you might feel that it's too much, but I feel like 17-ish, 15 to 17."
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0313/624063/shawn-michaels-on-how-long-goldberg-vs-lesnar-should-be/

And before someone else mentions it, let's hope Shawn is at ringside to make sure Lesnar doesn't try anything during the match. (Sorry, but that NEVER gets old!) [Big Grin]

[ 03-13-2017, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: CS ]

--------------------
"Adversity introduces a man to himself." - Arn Anderson

IP: Logged
Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10 Minutes - max. I think even that's pushing it.
Risk aka Rob
Member # 8193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Risk aka Rob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I think Shawn is spinning it into something longer than it's actually going to be. I agree with Mule, 10 minutes if they go long.

I do think that this match will be considerably longer than any other recent Goldberg match.

--------------------
Please SUBSCRIBE to my GamesNew2Me video game YouTube channel. YouTube.com/GamesNew2Me

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CS:

And before someone else mentions it, let's hope Shawn is at ringside to make sure Lesnar doesn't try anything during the match. (Sorry, but that NEVER gets old!) [Big Grin]

It kinda does...yeah.
CS
Member # 4568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
quote:
Originally posted by CS:

It kinda does...yeah.
Then aren't you glad I got it out of the way in the original post so people could focus on the actual topic instead. [Wink]

--------------------
"Adversity introduces a man to himself." - Arn Anderson

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CS:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
quote:
Originally posted by CS:

It kinda does...yeah.
Then aren't you glad I got it out of the way in the original post so people could focus on the actual topic instead. [Wink]
I am...and yet here we are talking about in Post #6.
Vulture
Member # 10205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vulture     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say that stuff to Shawn's face not online and see what happens punk.
A Gene Wilder Somersault
Member # 128207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Gene Wilder Somersault     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long would it take to dry off the ring after a 17 minute Goldberg/Lesnar match? It seems like the push guys get in WWE is directly correlated to the amount they perspire.
Rock-Hunter Kurt Austin from CHI
Member # 6360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rock-Hunter Kurt Austin from CHI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, is Lesnar absolutely 100% going over in this match? Or does Goldberg get the W for a third time in a row not including the beat down he gave him at the Rumble?

[ 03-13-2017, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Rock-Hunter Kurt Austin from CHI ]

Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lesnar HAS to win in order to walk away with any credibility whatsoever. Goldberg has made him look (kayfabe-wise) like an ineffectual little wuss throughout the entire feud thus far.

--------------------
Cynthia Celeste Miller
Spectrum Games

Check out my band, Eminent Remains, on Facebook.

mckinneydg
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The storyline of Goldberg being in the bully's head has worked really well, but I don't see how you give Goldberg another win at Mania. I assume Brock wins, and has a short run with the title until he passes it off to a full-timer like Roman.

I also don't see how this match goes 15 - 17 minutes without copious amounts of stalling and/or laying around. I don't think it needs to either.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

Bionic Lungs
Member # 23051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bionic Lungs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lesnar wins, Gillberg interferes in the match, distracts Goldberg.

--------------------
"Anytime you travel 36,000 miles above normalcy level, you will have turbulence. Anytime you mix two physically, mentally, reactive chemicals, there's gonna be boiling and there's gonna be bubbling." - Ultimate Warrior (SNME, 1/27/90)

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vulture:
Say that stuff to Shawn's face not online and see what happens punk.

But he's a shooter and would cause REAL LIFE HARM!!!

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A Gene Wilder Somersault:
How long would it take to dry off the ring after a 17 minute Goldberg/Lesnar match? It seems like the push guys get in WWE is directly correlated to the amount they perspire.

Patrick Ewing levels of sweat.

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

A Gene Wilder Somersault
Member # 128207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Gene Wilder Somersault     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A 17 minute match between Brock Lesnar and Bill Goldberg would look exactly like a group of pythons mating.
carpetbeggar
Member # 5768

Icon 2 posted      Profile for carpetbeggar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda an off topic question, but was HBK back wrestling when Lesnar was on his first run back in the early '00's?

I ask because I'm wondering if HBK & Lesnar had any interaction back then...I don't think they ever wrestled though?

I wonder how a match between the two of them would turn out....I think it's intriguing...an angle between the two of them.

I also wonder what kind of match Bret Hart would have got out of Lesnar too?

--------------------
闘魂 ビンタ FTW

Inoki is greater than Ichiban Hogan

"I just love seeing people beat with chains, and whips."- Johnny Valentine

Tatsuya
Member # 80195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tatsuya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Shawn came back as a member of the NWO around the time Brock started in the WWE

Really only recall 2 interactions between them. One was when Shawn was still with the NWO and they had a backstage confrontation with Brock and Heyman. Heyman was mouthing off and got into a staredown with Shawn. Brock stepped in but then Nash stepped in for Shawn to staredown with Brock.

The other was during a Rock vs HHH in a build-up to SummerSlam. Both Brock and Shawn interfered, Brock was going to attack Shawn from behind but Shawn turned around and superkicked Brock out of the ring

Rav
Member # 6126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tatsuya:
Yeah Shawn came back as a member of the NWO around the time Brock started in the WWE

Really only recall 2 interactions between them. One was when Shawn was still with the NWO and they had a backstage confrontation with Brock and Heyman. Heyman was mouthing off and got into a staredown with Shawn. Brock stepped in but then Nash stepped in for Shawn to staredown with Brock.

The other was during a Rock vs HHH in a build-up to SummerSlam. Both Brock and Shawn interfered, Brock was going to attack Shawn from behind but Shawn turned around and superkicked Brock out of the ring

The crowd went wild when Shawn Superkicked Lesnar.

They should have had Shawn face Brock at Survivor Series in 2002 for the WWE title. They could have had a hell of a match.

Hell, Shawn could come out of retirement now and face Lesnar at Summerslam this year and have great match.

Andy from NY
Member # 7701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy from NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Michaels just sent the Next Big Thing into orbit!" - Jim Ross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbu62_FxM5I

[ 03-14-2017, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Andy from NY ]

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brock will win the title and be declared the victor in his war with Goldberg with a score of 1-2, or 1-3 if you count their old Wrestlemania match.

Michaels will be a non-factor as his place as ringside enforcer has been eclipsed by Chris "Fights for what's right" Jericho. Jericho don't take no guff and all the boys knows it.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Now on the twitter machine - @Armageddon_t-bird.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations