WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » I accidentally ran over a cat and I feel horrendous

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I accidentally ran over a cat and I feel horrendous
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 8 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got up to leave for gym at 4. She was apparently asleep under the back tire of my car. This may be the worst feeling I've ever experienced. I've ever had. The neighbors were as gracious and kind as could be but my gosh this is a damper on the weekend. I cannot shake it. Any advice mentally?

[ 03-12-2017, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: The Coach ]

--------------------
"If I had realized that you people would be so damned stupid as to give the world champion $750,000, I would have made myself the champion." — Ole Anderson, to the executives at WCW and WTBS

IP: Logged
Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the cat dead or just injured?

You would have thought the noise of the car starting up would have woken it and sent it running away.

Not really your fault, just an unfortunate accident.

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She died. Dude, it sucks. And I thought same thing about moving when it started.

--------------------
"If I had realized that you people would be so damned stupid as to give the world champion $750,000, I would have made myself the champion." — Ole Anderson, to the executives at WCW and WTBS

Gabba Hey
Member # 20936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabba Hey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to look for cats every time I start the car, just something I have gotten used to. They tend to sleep by the warmth of the engine, when it's cold out.I know one day it will happen to me, and that will be a horrible day. But there is really nothing you can do, except being cautious. Then when I back out I have to watch for deer that live in my yard. It's a process everyday. Being an animal lover, I'm up for the challenge. But it's not your fault, things happen.

--------------------
Im your huckleberry - Tombstone -- Sometimes to beat the bully. you have to be the bully. Michael Jordan. vs the Pistons

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a cat lover so I feel for you. I hit a cat 20 years ago. I circled around the block a few times to see if I could see it. I don't know if I injured it or killed it. I remember feeling bad. Keep in mind that it wasn't your fault. You did nothing wrong.
Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta say that your neighbors who owned the cat are partially at fault. I really don't care for cat owners who allow cats to roam outside the house. Statistics show that life expectancy is half of outdoor/indoor cats as opposed to indoor cats.
Gabba Hey
Member # 20936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabba Hey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree, I don't get the concept of outdoor cats for pets. My cats have no desire to even go out the door.

--------------------
Im your huckleberry - Tombstone -- Sometimes to beat the bully. you have to be the bully. Michael Jordan. vs the Pistons

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stepped on a friend's kitten once. Crushed its windpipe. She was sort of a "crazy cat lady" and she had like two working light bulbs in her house. I woke up, realized there were several cats at my feet and in my attempt to step around them, wound up mashing a baby. Worst feeling ever. I actually tried CPR on the kitten. Was wrecked for weeks. Still haven't fully gotten over it (and this was 13 years ago).

[ 03-12-2017, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Shaving Weezie Jefferson ]

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
Gotta say that your neighbors who owned the cat are partially at fault. I really don't care for cat owners who allow cats to roam outside the house. Statistics show that life expectancy is half of outdoor/indoor cats as opposed to indoor cats.

And this (even though my situation happened inside a crazy cat lady's house). I live in NYC and rage daily against people who let their dogs run around off a leash. People are boneheads and boneheads shouldn't have animals or kids.
davephlegmball
Member # 5163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davephlegmball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cats sleep in/on big car motors. At least, mine did.

Running out the door early one Saturday morning on my way to a tournament, get in my old Chevy wagon, turn the key, hear a cat scream and make other weird noises. Crap.

Quick jump in my mom's car and head to the tourney. Get home later that day and call my friend (so he can be the one to open the hood). He says there's nothing in there but some cat hair.

About a week later, the cat shows up with a big dried cut right between the eyes.

Talk about 9 lives.

midsouthfan from N.O.
Member # 1508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for midsouthfan from N.O.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man. That sucks. Not much to offer, but it's definitely not your fault. Heck it's not anyones fault. Sorry buddy.
Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano
Member # 2127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think of it less as running over a cat, and more of saving the lives of several of America's indigenous wildlife. Uncontrolled cats are a disaster area for the environment.

Easy for me to say, the only thing I've run over was a suicidal rabbit (it ran alongside my front wheel as I slowed down and darted in front just as I was about to stop).

--------------------
I have roamed the galaxy in search of battle. Those who have crossed me have had their bodies broken and their blood spilled. Never have I looked back.

Vulture
Member # 10205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vulture     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gabba Hey:
I totally agree, I don't get the concept of outdoor cats for pets. My cats have no desire to even go out the door.

This. Everyone I know who had (note "had") an outdoor cat always swears up and down that the cat is fine to go off and roam on its own, and invariably one day the cat just goes missing.

None of them ever had the cat eventually die at home of natural causes.

[ 03-12-2017, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Vulture ]

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
quote:

I live in NYC and rage daily against people who let their dogs run around off a leash. People are boneheads and boneheads shouldn't have animals or kids.
Unleashed dogs is one of the many reasons I carry a gun. This is so inconsiderate. Any dog owner who willingly allows their vicious dog to roam freely deserves to be shot alongside their dog.
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
Originally posted by Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano:
Think of it less as running over a cat, and more of saving the lives of several of America's indigenous wildlife. Uncontrolled cats are a disaster area for the environment.

Easy for me to say, the only thing I've run over was a suicidal rabbit (it ran alongside my front wheel as I slowed down and darted in front just as I was about to stop).

You're kind of an *******. I hope someone runs over your closest friend or relative and someone makes fun of it on a sh*itty, outdated message board.
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
quote:
quote:

I live in NYC and rage daily against people who let their dogs run around off a leash. People are boneheads and boneheads shouldn't have animals or kids.
Unleashed dogs is one of the many reasons I carry a gun. This is so inconsiderate. Any dog owner who willingly allows their vicious dog to roam freely deserves to be shot alongside their dog.
I'd never shoot a dog. I'm fine with popping humans left and right though.
The Golden Spike
Member # 5502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Golden Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mum took years to recover from this: we'd just got a new cat, and she had come from a bad situation (abusive home, and then a pet rescue run by a crazy person) which left her traumatized. We barely saw her for the first few weeks, I'm amazed she didn't run away.

Anyway, my mum went to drive to the store, and when she started up the engine she heard an insane screeching, and a bunch of fur flying out from under the hood. She stopped the car and opened up the hood, to find that our cat had been napping there, and had got caught in the fan belt and pulled into the blade.

... and she survived. She was badly slashed and burned, but the vet said with care she would recover fully. So we laid her on a blanket in my bedroom, and changed her, and cleaned her wounds, and brought her food and water. After a week she was able to walk if you carried her down to floor level on the blanket, and eventually she fully healed (with a cool jagged white fur stripe where the injury had been), and lived for another blessed 10 years.

A Gene Wilder Somersault
Member # 128207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Gene Wilder Somersault     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coach, that really sucks but remember it's not your fault. You asked for advice and what I would do is donate to a non-kill shelter or something similar. Turn a bad situation into something a little more positive.
Risk aka Rob
Member # 8193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Risk aka Rob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry this happened to you and the cat, Coach. It's not your fault but there's little I can say that will make you feel better. It's a traumatic experience and I empathize so just remember that it was beyond your control.

--------------------
Please SUBSCRIBE to my GamesNew2Me video game YouTube channel. YouTube.com/GamesNew2Me

Vulture
Member # 10205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vulture     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Until recently I had a neighbor who owned 2 dogs which apparently he kept crated all the time (and never took them on walks) and when he let them out to do their business, he just opened the door and walked down with them and let them run out into the neighboring property which is an empty lot which is fenced in.

It was the ultimate in lazy douchey dog ownership. He was too lazy to walk his dogs and too lazy to pick up after his dogs so he blowtorched a hole in the fence to let the dogs run in and poop all over this lot.

A few times I had my dog and I was going to walk him and it happened to overlap with him having his dogs out- his dogs would come aggressively charging over at my dog and I would have to pull my dog behind me as the neighbor would yell at his dogs, in time to prevent me kicking his dogs but not in time to prevent giving my dog a scare.

It really ticked me off that on top of refusing to walk and leash his fat ugly mutts, he didn't train them to not be aggressive. At least do one or the other, train them or leash them.

I probably should've raised the issue with him but I'm reticent to have bad blood with a neighbor I have to live next to, luckily he recently moved out (leaving behind a large collection of gun periodicals, so apparently he was a gun nut too).

[ 03-13-2017, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Vulture ]

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

A bit of a correction, my friend. The stats you refer to are in regard to un-neutered Toms and full-time outdoor cats. We have nine and the gang goes trooping out to the back yard around 9AM-10AM, couple of hours and it's back inside for a siesta. They'll go out for about an hour after dinner and then it's in for the night.

My two recently departed boys Capt. Nemo and Dr. Nikola went out every day of their lives until the very end. Both lived to 15 years old.

I'll also mention that during their outings the door stays open in case there's a reason for a sudden retreat (like the next-door neighbor using his weed whacker, the sound seems to terrify them...)

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

A bit of a correction, my friend. The stats you refer to are in regard to un-neutered Toms and full-time outdoor cats. We have nine and the gang goes trooping out to the back yard around 9AM-10AM, couple of hours and it's back inside for a siesta. They'll go out for about an hour after dinner and then it's in for the night.

My two recently departed boys Capt. Nemo and Dr. Nikola went out every day of their lives until the very end. Both lived to 15 years old.

I'll also mention that during their outings the door stays open in case there's a reason for a sudden retreat (like the next-door neighbor using his weed whacker, the sound seems to terrify them...)

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
Originally posted by Vulture:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Until recently I had a neighbor who owned 2 dogs which apparently he kept crated all the time (and never took them on walks) and when he let them out to do their business, he just opened the door and walked down with them and let them run out into the neighboring property which is an empty lot which is fenced in.

It was the ultimate in lazy douchey dog ownership. He was too lazy to walk his dogs and too lazy to pick up after his dogs so he blowtorched a hole in the fence to let the dogs run in and poop all over this lot.

A few times I had my dog and I was going to walk him and it happened to overlap with him having his dogs out- his dogs would come aggressively charging over at my dog and I would have to pull my dog behind me as the neighbor would yell at his dogs, in time to prevent me kicking his dogs but not in time to prevent giving my dog a scare.

It really ticked me off that on top of refusing to walk and leash his fat ugly mutts, he didn't train them to not be aggressive. At least do one or the other, train them or leash them.

I probably should've raised the issue with him but I'm reticent to have bad blood with a neighbor I have to live next to, luckily he recently moved out (leaving behind a large collection of gun periodicals, so apparently he was a gun nut too).

Recently witnessed a situation where this idiot woman let her pitbull run around unleashed in a park in Inwood. Friendly dog but it has the habit of lunging at other dogs.

It did this to a LEASHED pitbull who immediately interpreted it as an attack. It bit into the unleashed dog and ripped off part of its ear before its owner could restrain it.

The owner of the unleashed dog had the audacity to yell at the owner of the leashed dog.

"MY DOG IS FRIENDLY!!!!"

As the owner of the leashed dog tried to pull it away, the unleashed dog (after getting part of its ear torn off) suddenly wasn't so friendly and kept going after the leashed dog.

Finally a dude literally took off his belt and used it to restrain the dog (which ALSO upset the owner, who yelled at him not to "hurt her dog").

And yet the owner of the unleashed dog accepted none of the blame. It was everyone else's fault.

[ 03-14-2017, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Shaving Weezie Jefferson ]

John Williamson
Member # 127199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People are dickheads.
Killllla
Member # 6193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killllla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by John Williamson:
People are dickheads.

+1
Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
Originally posted by OSJ from NM by way of WA:
quote:

Those 2 that lived to be 15 were the exceptions. I know plenty of city folks who have had their cats hit by a car, killed by a dog or raccoon, or just disappeared. Even in the country there's way too many predators.
Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Vulture:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Recently witnessed a situation where this idiot woman let her pitbull run around unleashed in a park in Inwood. Friendly dog but it has the habit of lunging at other dogs.

It did this to a LEASHED pitbull who immediately interpreted it as an attack. It bit into the unleashed dog and ripped off part of its ear before its owner could restrain it.

The owner of the unleashed dog had the audacity to yell at the owner of the leashed dog.

"MY DOG IS FRIENDLY!!!!"

As the owner of the leashed dog tried to pull it away, the unleashed dog (after getting part of its ear torn off) suddenly wasn't so friendly and kept going after the leashed dog.

Finally a dude literally took off his belt and used it to restrain the dog (which ALSO upset the owner, who yelled at him not to "hurt her dog").

And yet the owner of the unleashed dog accepted none of the blame. It was everyone else's fault.

Two good stories on idiot, inconsiderate dog owners. That pit bull story reinforces my belief of carrying a gun.
Tatsuya
Member # 80195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tatsuya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

And this (even though my situation happened inside a crazy cat lady's house). I live in NYC and rage daily against people who let their dogs run around off a leash. People are boneheads and boneheads shouldn't have animals or kids.
20 years ago this stupid ***** was walking her big dog without a leash. Went up to and startled my Mom. This startled the dog who ended up knocking my Mom down and the fall broke her pelvis. The ******* owner tried to blame it on my Mom for scaring her precious dog. Was never mad at the dog but wanted to punch her lights out.

And the thing is, it was a busy street....I can kinda see letting a dog walk without a leash if the street was deserted but this was just stupidity and self entitlement.

Tatsuya
Member # 80195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tatsuya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gabba Hey:

One of my cats loved going out the window and going up the fire escape. People use to say I overreacted when I would freak out over my cat going outside. Just seems to me a million things could go wrong (I later found out my upstairs neighbor's act use to do the same thing and ended up falling and injured badly enough that they had to put her to sleep)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations