WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » King Kong vs Godzilla

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: King Kong vs Godzilla
davephlegmball
Member # 5163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davephlegmball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://wrestlingclassics.com/cgi-bin/.ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=152651#000001

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 49 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

IP: Logged
Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Frogs
Member # 51578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what are voting about them? Which one we like best? Which one would win in a shoot?
WahooFan
Member # 2026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WahooFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't Kong supposed to be about 50 feet tall? How tall is Godzilla?
Ever see Godzilla vs. Bambi?

Lightning or no lightning, Godzilla kills Kong and runs off with whatever girl Kong kidnapped.

--------------------
Arnold Palmer: "Gary Player eats bacon when no one's watching."

GreenManalishi
Member # 3200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreenManalishi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was a movie from 1962

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Kong_vs._Godzilla

CrusherBolo
Member # 1137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrusherBolo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King Kong is pretty much in the same situation as Ali was in the Foreman fight, and the result is going to be the same. All Kong has to do is avoid Godzilla's flame breath, wear him out, get behind him and apply a belly-to-back suplex with a neck bridge. Gozilla fries his own beans and it's all over, daddy-o.
FuzzFace
Member # 98738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzFace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Godzilla is a 400-foot nuclear lizard and you can't teach that.

--------------------
FREE BEER PARTY 7-8 PM FOR ALL FANS

dthcm
Member # 56183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dthcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FuzzFace:

There's the revenge factor, King Kong Killed his cousin.
davephlegmball
Member # 5163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davephlegmball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the movie, Godzilla was mopping the floor with that no-good ape. IIRC, Godzilla even pulled K2 up by the hair (on his back) at the count of 2 just to administer a further beating. Then King Kong was struck by lightening (a blatant form of outside interference--which should have gotten K-Kong DQ'ed on the spot) and later both went toppling over the top rope and out of the ring (and into the ocean) for a DCOR.

It's all there for anyone to see in plain black-and-white.

DaClyde
Member # 127626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaClyde   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would come down to which King Kong and which Godzilla. The size of both has varied wildly in the various movies, and thanks to terrible, or complete lack of, a continuity person on the picture, size would often vary greatly within a single film.

I mean, does Fay Wray fit in the palm of Kong's paw, or does her upper body stick out the top and her legs stick out the bottom? Does he have Andre the Giant hands or Donald Trump hands?

The 1962 Toho movie is probably the only time they were roughly the same size.

dthcm
Member # 56183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dthcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DaClyde:
It would come down to which King Kong and which Godzilla. The size of both has varied wildly in the various movies, and thanks to terrible, or complete lack of, a continuity person on the picture, size would often vary greatly within a single film.

I mean, does Fay Wray fit in the palm of Kong's paw, or does her upper body stick out the top and her legs stick out the bottom? Does he have Andre the Giant hands or Donald Trump hands?

The 1962 Toho movie is probably the only time they were roughly the same size.

Like I always say, size doesn't matter.
Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Godzilla has the reach advantage with his fiery breath. If King Kong could cut the distance without getting singed, he has a chance.

--------------------
"Racism is evil"- Donald Trump

Herd72
Member # 107695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herd72     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah God, He's killed him, as God is my witness he's killed him! Stop the match, stop the damn match!
the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FuzzFace:

again which version?
 -

[ 03-09-2017, 03:47 AM: Message edited by: the bear ]

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Godzooky get to do a run-in? Also, where is the fight at? If it is in the cold, then I would thing Kong has the advantage. If it is in the jungle, then Kong would have the advantage again, being able to climb trees to get away and hide. In the desert, I guess Godzilla would win, in a city, then Kong would be able to climb buildings and fling cars and whatever else giant Gorillas fling at enemies.

I vote Kong, the thinking man's choice.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Armageddon_T_Thunderbird:
Does Godzooky get to do a run-in? Also,

If he does I hope Godzilla turns on him

and Minilla

-

--------------------

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very easy to evaluate, Godzilla has won a large number of fights against a wide variety of opponents. Who does Kong have on his resume to compare with the likes of Megalon, Ghidorah, Hedorah, and Gigan? Kong best keep his ass on Skull Island fighting lame-o dinosaurs and giant spiders and leave the real monster fighting to the big lizard!

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

SHOOTER
Member # 26761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOOTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by davephlegmball:

It's all there for anyone to see in plain black-and-white.

But the movie was in color. [Wink]

After they remake King Kong vs. Godzilla, they can make The Kongs vs. The Godzillas. It'll be King Kong and Son of Kong vs. Godzilla and Son of Godzilla. It'll be just like Eddie & Mike Graham vs. Bob Orton Sr. & Jr. from 1976 Florida... Is it just me or does Son of Godzilla look a lot like former Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Cris Carter?

gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be a main event anywhere in the world they would literally swing from the rafters.....well maybe not rafters but most likely every thing else

--------------------
gulascantfoolus is the greatest
user name EVER regardless of any silly contest

davephlegmball
Member # 5163

quote:
Originally posted by gulascantfoolus:
Could be a main event anywhere in the world they would literally swing from the rafters.....well maybe not rafters but most likely every thing else

Swing from the Rodans
Vulture
Member # 10205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vulture     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Godzilla is the Godzilla of giant monsters. He's got too many ways to beat you. He's going over strong.
McBrooder
Member # 17393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for McBrooder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is Gamera always overlooked as an opponent for Godzilla?

I think a flying tortise-ish beast would make an interesting opponent for Godzilla.

I realize Gamera is a face, and Godzilla is mostly a face, so humanity would probably suffer, a little.

WahooFan
Member # 2026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WahooFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't Gamera turned into a stone statue somewhere in Tokyo?

--------------------
Arnold Palmer: "Gary Player eats bacon when no one's watching."

the bear
Member # 1565

quote:
Originally posted by Vulture:
Godzilla is the Godzilla of giant monsters. He's got too many ways to beat you. He's going over strong.

the power of google tells me Godzilla has never beaten King Ghidorah without a run in from one of Godzillas mates

--------------------

King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
neither ever drew a dime

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

vtrockgod22
Member # 5576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vtrockgod22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Godzilla only let Kong look as good as he did in that movie because

A. Nobody would have wanted to watch the rematch if KK got squashed.

B. Godzilla is a businessmonster and thought Kong would become a huge star in Japan if he hung with him, leading to future huge gates.

But in a pure shoot, Godzilla wins in whatever fashion he chooses. Too much lizard, too much atomic breath. King Kong may have owned Skull Island and caused havoc in NYC. But GOJIRA made an entire country tremble.

davephlegmball
Member # 5163

quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:
neither ever drew a dime

Wait a minute--didn't King Kong sell out in NYC on his 1st time thru that territory?
Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's still a close race. All the Kong supporters will soon make their voices known.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:
neither ever drew a dime

Both must be doing something right after all how many times has each been rebooted?Kinda like Flair and Hogan

[ 03-10-2017, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: gulascantfoolus ]

--------------------
gulascantfoolus is the greatest
user name EVER regardless of any silly contest

steuben
Member # 126350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steuben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The King Kong from the latest movie that came out today just might be able to whip up on 'Zilla, and without giving away a spoiler, 'Zilla had bets be more than a 1 trick pony.

This was not a wimpy 20 ft tall gorilla smitten with a ditzy blonde, he was big and badass.

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by steuben:
The King Kong from the latest movie that came out today just might be able to whip up on 'Zilla, and without giving away a spoiler, 'Zilla had bets be more than a 1 trick pony.

This was not a wimpy 20 ft tall gorilla smitten with a ditzy blonde, he was big and badass.

They made him bigger specifically to be able to match up with the new 'Zilla
Kilroy
Member # 53

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kilroy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arnold_OldSchool:
quote:

By the time they match up in the movie he'll be even bigger than he was in this movie, they (well, John C Reily who stole the movie) pointed out several times Kong isn't fully grown yet..
A Gene Wilder Somersault
Member # 128207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Gene Wilder Somersault     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kilroy:
quote:
Originally posted by Arnold_OldSchool:
quote:

By the time they match up in the movie he'll be even bigger than he was in this movie, they (well, John C Reily who stole the movie) pointed out several times Kong isn't fully grown yet..
Judging by the trailer, if what you're saying is true, Kong is not taking puberty very well with the mood swings and all.
CrusherBolo
Member # 1137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrusherBolo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Kong could get a couple more votes he could still win the electoral.
the bear
Member # 1565

3 whole years till the new Godzilla v King Kong movie!

--------------------

davephlegmball
Member # 5163

Gozilla squashing King Kong like a downtown Tokyo high-rise.
Jm
Member # 71

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go-go Godzilla!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations