WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Flair's podcast returning?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flair's podcast returning?
Frozen
Member # 10689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frozen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the end of the MLW podcast that dropped today, they played a promo of a drunk-sounding Ric Flair saying that his podcast is coming back in February.

--------------------
"I was the first wrestler to come to the ring with music."

IP: Logged
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drunk Flair is fun.
Bud Miller
Member # 27129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud Miller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I plan a lot of things when I'm drunk.
Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed that MLW hasn't mentioned Conrad being a part of the new Flair podcast. Conrad hasn't mentioned it on twitter either, so maybe Flair will have a new co-host.

Heard Flair's little promo, might have been a little tipsy. "This is the Nature Boy Ric Flair. I'm coming back, stylin and profilin, slurrin words and spllin friend's secrets. Listen now until I get tired of doing it again. WOOOOO!!"

Of course, this could just be Prichard pulling a rib on everyone.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

brawler2711
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This new podcast will only work if Naitch is loaded and blurts out personal things about his friends and randomly stops doing the podcast three months from now and brings it back five months from now.

Woooo!

-

--------------------
Sir Tojo: "I used Brut in the late '60's-early '70's. Used to splash it all over my crotch area after a shower--no joke.I used to get some funny reactions to that back in my early 20's. Fond memories."

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, so far, the return has been a rerun of interviews from the old show with Conrad. Noticed today that the Flair show link has been removed from MLWradio's website again. So who knows.

--------------------

Frozen
Member # 10689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frozen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Twitter page of cohost Robert Flores, indicates the show will start in March.

--------------------
"I was the first wrestler to come to the ring with music."

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

quote:
Originally posted by Frozen:
The Twitter page of cohost Robert Flores, indicates the show will start in March.

Ok then. Thanks

--------------------

hegs
Member # 6125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hegs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did Flair and Conrad have a falling out? I don't hear him mentioning Flair much at all. Maybe its a conscious effort he's making to not turn these podcasts into Flair tributes but he hasn't praised Flair when he's had the opportunity.
Age Of Q DMS NYC
Member # 6038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Age Of Q DMS NYC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hegs:
Did Flair and Conrad have a falling out? I don't hear him mentioning Flair much at all. Maybe its a conscious effort he's making to not turn these podcasts into Flair tributes but he hasn't praised Flair when he's had the opportunity.

Conrad said on Twitter that there is no heat between him and Flair.
He also mentioned that Flair's new show is going to be less wrestling heavy and more on the pop culture/current events tip.

Cattle_Mutilation
Member # 59807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cattle_Mutilation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me wildly speculating, or is there a bit of an obvious reason why Conrad and Flair might seem to be no longer inseparable as they once were?

--------------------
Never Drew A Dime!

Any person applying for the position of pro wrestling referee must be of physical unfitness to the degree that the slightest nudge would render him irretrievably unconscious.

Age Of Q DMS NYC
Member # 6038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Age Of Q DMS NYC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cattle_Mutilation:
Is it just me wildly speculating, or is there a bit of an obvious reason why Conrad and Flair might seem to be no longer inseparable as they once were?

You think its due to comments on the Prichard show? Specifically, the Sunny episode?
brawler2711
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Age Of Q DMS NYC:
quote:

You think its due to comments on the Prichard show? Specifically, the Sunny episode?
What was said?

--------------------
Sir Tojo: "I used Brut in the late '60's-early '70's. Used to splash it all over my crotch area after a shower--no joke.I used to get some funny reactions to that back in my early 20's. Fond memories."

Cattle_Mutilation
Member # 59807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cattle_Mutilation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh no, nothing like that. As much as I hate to say it (and please feel free to jump on me here) but Conrad is a very wealthy man...

Flair and him spent a good couple of years flying all over the country partying up until recently so I just kind if assumed it was money related and they have kept kayfabe over the reason if there is a fallout

--------------------
Never Drew A Dime!

Any person applying for the position of pro wrestling referee must be of physical unfitness to the degree that the slightest nudge would render him irretrievably unconscious.

Age Of Q DMS NYC
Member # 6038

quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
quote:
quote:

What was said?
Conrad and Bruce were talking about some passages from Sunny's book where she talks about her and Shawn's sex life.
They claimed to get a few unhappy calls from Stamford about it on the following weeks' show.

brawler2711
Member # 26849

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
quote:
quote:

What was said?
Conrad and Bruce were talking about some passages from Sunny's book where she talks about her and Shawn's sex life.
They claimed to get a few unhappy calls from Stamford about it on the following weeks' show.

Thanks

--------------------

hegs
Member # 6125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hegs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I detected a few jabs at Flair unless I'm misreading some friendly busting between buddies.
Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

As far as Flair and Conrad goes, and I could be totally wrong about this, but it seems that Conrad has found something he really enjoys doing, is very passionate about it and wants to be the best at it. Then you have Flair, who was mostly half-assing it, had already stopped doing the podcast twice, and friend or not, I wouldn't really want to work with him again either.

Wasn't the last Flair show supposed to be mostly non wrestling from the beginning, but turned into all wrestling? I might be thinking about someone else.

--------------------

Cattle_Mutilation
Member # 59807

quote:
Originally posted by Armageddon_T_Thunderbird:
As far as Flair and Conrad goes, and I could be totally wrong about this, but it seems that Conrad has found something he really enjoys doing, is very passionate about it and wants to be the best at it. Then you have Flair, who was mostly half-assing it, had already stopped doing the podcast twice, and friend or not, I wouldn't really want to work with him again either.

Wasn't the last Flair show supposed to be mostly non wrestling from the beginning, but turned into all wrestling? I might be thinking about someone else.

Perfect hypothesis. I'm happy to go with this, good work

--------------------
Never Drew A Dime!

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Yesterday Court Bauer twittered that Flair has decided not to pursue the new podcast.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations