WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Star Wars: The Last Jedi

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
TylerStanMan
Member # 127142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TylerStanMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.starwars.com/news/the-official-title-for-star-wars-episode-viii-revealed

We have a title.

IP: Logged
Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like the sound of that. Makes me think someone kinda important might not make it to episode 9.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously Leia will have to be written out, leaving Luke as the last Jedi. At the end of episode VI Obi-Wan's specter mentioned Luke being the last Jedi and Yoda corrected him saying there was another, assuming Leia.

The question in my mind is whether Rey is a future Jedi or was just chosen by the light saber to be the one to find Luke.

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had read that all of Leia's scenes were shot before she passed, so they might not have to write her out until the beginning of ep 10.

My guess would be Rey is the last Jedi, unless Lando shows up with his kid for Luke to try and teach, but considering how Ben Solo turned out, Lando might have second thoughts.

--------------------

the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jedi is both singular and plural remember

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

jorjorbynks
Member # 12312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jorjorbynks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by diamondmd:
Obviously Leia will have to be written out, leaving Luke as the last Jedi. At the end of episode VI Obi-Wan's specter mentioned Luke being the last Jedi and Yoda corrected him saying there was another, assuming Leia.

But there was no mention of Leia being a Jedi in The Force Awakens. The implication I got was that Leia focused on politics/leading the resistance rather than train to be a Jedi.

If she was supposed to be a Jedi you would assume there would have been some mention/reference to it in TFA...

I think Luke is the Last Jedi because the new Jedi he was training (as referenced in TFA) were either killed or turned to the dark side, leading to Luke's going into self imposed exile.

--------------------
Pro Wrestling is neither real nor fake. It's magic!

Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it implies that Luke is the "last" Jedi. Yet he's really not.

I've been very happy with the last two Star Wars movies, Force Awakens and Rogue One you won't hear a complaint from me.

--------------------
follow me on twitter at: @mattfarmer93
www.defywrestling.com
http://mlwradio.com/

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's very presumptuous to think that Carrie Fisher won't be in future episodes.

Peter Cushing anyone?

[ 01-23-2017, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Shaving Weezie Jefferson ]

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I think the title is a swerve (the way Yoda hinted that Luke wasn't the "last hope" in Empire).

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Luke will disband the idea of the Jedi and create something else with Rey as the first

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

ZEKER
Member # 4727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZEKER         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the bear:
I think Luke will disband the idea of the Jedi and create something else with Rey as the first

If that happens we riot.... Moving away from the Sith was bad enough...
Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Jar Jar shows back up and while doing something stupid, accidentally cuts Luke's head off with a lightsaber.

Jar Jar then picks up the lightsaber and promises to carry on Luke's tradition of badly training new Jedi.

No one wants to be trained by him and the Jedi fade into memory.

Jar Jar is the last Jedi. [Frown]

[ 01-24-2017, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: Armageddon_T_Thunderbird ]

--------------------

WahooFan
Member # 2026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WahooFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Force Awakens.....The Last Jedi. Hmmmm.

Its' probably Skywalker, but it should be Rey.
Remember it was more than the lightsaber. She also had mind control and the ability to resist and actually get into the mind of Ren.

[ 01-27-2017, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: WahooFan ]

--------------------
Arnold Palmer: "Gary Player eats bacon when no one's watching."

Golem
Member # 21242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Golem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark Hamill says 'it's possible' Luke goes to dark side in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'

Michael Rothman
ABC News
April 14, 2017
quote:
Today, the first teaser for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" dropped and the thing that stuck out for fans was Luke Skywalker's quote at the end that the "Jedi must end." ...

As for if Luke would ever turn to the dark side, [Hamill] said, "It's possible, anything's possible." ...

More

Teaser

Wikipedia

IMDb

StarWars.com

Related thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer

Golem
Member # 21242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Golem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carrie Fisher Will Not Be in Episode IX After All and Other Star Wars Revelations From This Weekend
FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are images I won't post because of it being HORRIBLE spoilers but my friend was at the Star Wars convention in Florida this past weekend and he posted a picture they showed on the screen when the actors playing Rey and Finn were up for a panel. It accidentally reveals their last names which is a major and horribly unfortunate spoiler for the next movie. Google is out there if you want to know but I won't ruin it for anyone.

Unlike most people my age, I never got into Star Wars (or Star Trek for that matter). My first experience with Star Wars was episode one when it first came out so as you expect, I had no idea what the big deal was. I just watched the original three in March for the first time. They were good but I just didn't feel the affinity towards them like others do. Still they were light years better than episode one. I thought two and three were just ok. My favorite so far out of all the Star Wars is The Empire Strikes Back with Force Awakens a close second. All the others were just ok to decent imo but I plan on watching the new one when it comes out now that I've invested time into the universe.

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was reading on some site this weekend that Mark Hamill stated at the 40th Celebration that Luke is "The Last Jedi", and that ties directly into the movie's theme and plot (which was about as far as I think anyone's being upfront about the characters' plots so far...other than Poe and Finn's relationship...but perhaps I've said too much [Wink] ).

And WRT Carrie Fisher being in Episode 9, that got shot down a few months ago, direct from the estate and family with Disney saying they're good with it.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations