WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Logan - movie trailer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Logan - movie trailer
Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the international red band trailer for Logan. Supposedly the last Wolverine movie that Jackman is going to do.

Looks pretty decent to me, but you can make anything look good by putting Johnny Cash's "Hurt" behind it. [Smile]

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Now on the twitter machine - @Armageddon_t-bird.

IP: Logged
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given they're basing the story on "Old Man Logan", the use of Cash's cover of Hurt is inspired.

Great trailer -- the US green-band trailer is only different in that it doesn't include the Logan popping his claws through the guy's head -- made me want to go see it....and it's still 5 months away....

[ 10-20-2016, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Travlr ]

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Risk aka Rob
Member # 8193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Risk aka Rob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, a Marvel film that's a character driven drama focusing on characters. It's either an amazing trailer or it's going to be a fantastic movie that I am now very excited to see.

--------------------
Please SUBSCRIBE to my GamesNew2Me video game YouTube channel. YouTube.com/GamesNew2Me

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks more like a gritty, poignant indie than a blockbuster superhero film. Even the prerequisite "superman punch" shot looks different here.
mckinneydg
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heard about this film and wasn't all that excited about it...until I saw this trailer. Fired up for it now.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a couple of days away...here is the second trailer.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Now on the twitter machine - @Armageddon_t-bird.

Handsome Rob from LA
Member # 6317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Handsome Rob from LA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw it last night. Very good, a total departure from the usual superhero saves the world from global destruction type movies that have been coming out.

Not so much a version of the Old Man Logan story other than it's basically a road trip with Logan being very.....well old. Don't go in looking for parallels other than that.

But they did make good on the promise of the trailers. The film is very violent, small and character driven, and actually quite sad. Might be one of the best that's made so far.

--------------------
"Yeah I found the love of my life. But I killed her dog before I had the chance to tell her." Sam Elliott from the movie Shakedown

Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many actors have played the same character in 9 films? Not many. None of the Bond actors did more than 7, although Desmond Llewellyn did 17 as Q but that was only a bit part in most of the films.
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Happ Hazzard:
How many actors have played the same character in 9 films? Not many. None of the Bond actors did more than 7, although Desmond Llewellyn did 17 as Q but that was only a bit part in most of the films.

Kenny Baker & Anthony Daniels come/came close with 8. Downey's getting up there as well (think his Ironman is up to 7 and he'll likely pass Jackman now).
Gov't Mule
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Robert Englund also had 8 as Freddy. Did I miss one for the 9th?

[ 03-05-2017, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Gov't Mule ]

the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basil Rathbone did about 14 as Sherlock Holmes

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Happ Hazzard:

Bernard Lee was M in 11 Bond movies
Louis Maxwell was Moneypenny in 14
Christopher Lee was Dracula in 10

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

mckinneydg
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw Logan last Friday and it was really good. Not really a comic book movie, and that's a positive for the story they told.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

mckinneydg
Member # 48545

Hugh Jackman wanted a different ending for the film. Spoilers obviously...

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/wolverine/news/a823517/hugh-jackman-didnt-want-logan-ending/

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

SHAQ
Member # 7488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHAQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen a X-MEN movie but my buddy dragged me to see it last week and I thought it was great. Now I'm going to go back and watch the X-Men movies
mckinneydg
Member # 48545

I enjoyed all of the X-Men films, but X2: X-Men United, and X-Men: First Class are the two best ones. Days of Future Past is pretty good as is the very first one.

Totally different films than Logan though.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations