WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » WWE Women's Global Tournament in the works (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WWE Women's Global Tournament in the works
Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few months ago I recommended WWE holding a WWE Global Women's tournament. And it turns out WWE has one in the works.

They've sent out notices to some women and companies that are known for their women talent. There is a lot of good women talent out there, especially if you look at Japan and Mexico. And I think there are some hidden stars out there not in the WWE/NXT system.

It's interesting when WWE sent out some tips to women they included the regular being in shape, proper gear deal they always tell everyone. They also told the women to no longer 'gig' or bleed at these events.

I can tell you, and this has been a big topic of conversation in the wrestling/television industry. That television stations are shying away from the blood. One company that regularly does inter-gender matches recently lost out on a MAJOR marketing/television deal due to these matches be held.

I'm excited for WWE to start this tournament.

--------------------
follow me on twitter at: @mattfarmer93
www.defywrestling.com
http://mlwradio.com/

IP: Logged
Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope the WWe cuts you a check for using your suggestion. [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Farmer from WA:
WWE sent out some tips to women they included the regular being in shape...

Official WWe Women's Global Tournament shirt...
 -

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

"One day I was walking and found this big log. Then I rolled the big log over and underneath was a tiny, little stick, and I was like, that log had a child!" - Yoda

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEN from MS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First competitors revealed for WWE's Mae Young Classic:
  • Toni Storm
  • Lacey Evans
  • Princess Sugey
  • Sarah Logan (Crazy Mary Dobson)
Toni Storm is the big indy name in this first group.

The Lacey Evans presentation is so GLOW. Although, if not for the ridiculous hair, she looks like she could legit kick some ass.

Crazy Mary Dobson is not a surprise. I will say that seeing how Heidi Lovelace has developed in NXT, this is a good place and time for talents like CMD to go.

Princess Sugey is a surprise. I guess some other more notable luchadoras may have some exclusive contracts that prevent them from making this move.

I don't see how this thing doesn't end with Kairi Hojo running through the competition with relative ease, unless there is a surprise entrant like Faby Apache or Ayako Hamada on deck.

--------------------
"Yip!" -- Jumpin' Jeff Farmer

carpetbeggar
Member # 5768

Icon 2 posted      Profile for carpetbeggar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And Here Comes Cutie Suzuki."

--------------------
闘魂 ビンタ FTW

Inoki is greater than Ichiban Hogan

"I just love seeing people beat with chains, and whips."- Johnny Valentine

Ordell
Member # 6033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ordell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kiera Hogan should get a call. She's got stardom in themaking.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lacey Evans vibes star to me, but they gotta make up their minds between the glam thing (which I think works for her) and the military thing.

So long from the Sunshine State!

--------------------

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEN from MS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
Lacey Evans vibes star to me, but they gotta make up their minds between the glam thing (which I think works for her) and the military thing.

I'd go with the military thing. I think her physical presence could make that work. The GLOW glam seems more ironic.

--------------------

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With no Tessa Blanchard, this is not legit.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

Chrisbrgstrm from OR
Member # 7948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chrisbrgstrm from OR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is only 4 official confirmed names so far.

--------------------
DXellence - Wrestling's newest and greatest wrestling forum, Fantasy Tournaments, Hall Of Fame, Book and Movie Reviews, Weekly TV Discussion for Raw, Smackdown, TNA Impact and ECW, aswell as discussions involving all things wrestling.

http://dxcellence.muux.org

jorjorbynks
Member # 12312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jorjorbynks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Coach:
With no Tessa Blanchard, this is not legit.

I guess it's legit now! She is in the tournament...

http://www.wwe.com/shows/maeyoungclassic/article/blanchard-gabert-laith-conti-devi-mae-young-classic

--------------------
Pro Wrestling is neither real nor fake. It's magic!

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

Toni Storm is still the best of the bunch so far. Adding Alpha Female says a lot about the talent in Stardom, which I hope alludes to the biggest name, representing Japan.

--------------------

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

Announced commentary team seems like a recipe for disaster. I'm planning to use either the SAP or the mute now, unfortunately.

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HEN from MS:
Announced commentary team seems like a recipe for disaster. I'm planning to use either the SAP or the mute now, unfortunately.

Who? Where? I know not of what you speak.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

dthcm
Member # 56183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dthcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
quote:

Who? Where? I know not of what you speak.
Jerry Lawler and the guy from the Mr. Microphone commercial.J/K

Jim Ross and Lita
http://www.foxsports.com/wwe/gallery/wwe-mae-young-classic-jim-ross-lita-062617

[ 06-26-2017, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: dthcm ]

Mississippi fan
Member # 444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mississippi fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We know what Lawler is going to talk about and it's not the wrestling going on in the ring.
Pillsbury
Member # 43540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pillsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It ain't Lawler it's Ross and Lita,which I have no problem with.

--------------------
Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have FIVE SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!.......FIVE!!!

Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In other women's wrestling news, WWE is not going to sign io Shirai at this moment. She wasn't able to pass the companies pre-employment physical.

Apparently she has some major neck issues that need to be addressed before WWE will put her under contract.

Let's just hope, she doesn't go back to Stardom before taking care of her medical concerns.

--------------------
follow me on twitter at: @mattfarmer93
www.defywrestling.com
http://mlwradio.com/

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Farmer from WA:
Let's just hope, she doesn't go back to Stardom before taking care of her medical concerns.

This is from her match last week against Mayu Iwatami.

-

Not really protecting her neck. Maybe dropping the belt is a sign she will take some time off to heal.

--------------------

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

quote:
Originally posted by Pillsbury:
It ain't Lawler it's Ross and Lita,which I have no problem with.

I have a problem with Ross cliches. I can guarantee he'll describe Kairi Hojo as "quicker than a hiccup." I'd bet money on it.

And Lita borders on inaudible or mumbling or just making noises when she doesn't resort to Steiner math.

I'll be using SAP.

--------------------

Pillsbury
Member # 43540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pillsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eh.Ross has been great with NJPW recently and he was absolutely on fire fantastic in the Bate/Dunne match.He'll be fine.

--------------------

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

Mauro and Beth Phoenix would be infinitely better.

I would say Ross was horrible on NJPW, struggling with name pronunciations and move names throughout, until he just resorted to working around knowing what the move was with some ham-fisted cliche.

And, with Bate vs. Dunne, I gave him a chance for about two minutes before he went to his first tired cliche and I went to mute with music.

Fans seem to have a fondness for Jim Ross. Or his voice is just the background noise that elicits a sense of nostalgia for a time when they were younger and excited about wrestling. But he's not good at all, particularly at this stage.

--------------------

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

Now... it's legit.

Mae Young Classic field widens with addition of international sensations, including Japan’s Kairi Sane

List so far...
  • Abbey Laith
  • Bianca Belair
  • Dakota Kai
  • Jazzy Gabert
  • Kairi (Hojo) Sane
  • Kavita Devi
  • Lacey Evans
  • (Viper) Piper Niven
  • Princesa Sugehit
  • Sarah Logan (Crazy Mary Dobson)
  • Taynara Conti
  • Tessa Blanchard
  • Toni Storm

Adding Viper destroys the myth of the stereotype in the second post of this thread. If Triple H is calling the shots on this, he can't take over the entire company soon enough. She's really good at the UK chain wrestling style.

--------------------

Pillsbury
Member # 43540

quote:
Mauro and Beth Phoenix would be infinitely better.

I would say Ross was horrible on NJPW, struggling with name pronunciations and move names throughout, until he just resorted to working around knowing what the move was with some ham-fisted cliche.

And, with Bate vs. Dunne, I gave him a chance for about two minutes before he went to his first tired cliche and I went to mute with music.

Fans seem to have a fondness for Jim Ross. Or his voice is just the background noise that elicits a sense of nostalgia for a time when they were younger and excited about wrestling. But he's not good at all, particularly at this stage.

He can't compare with Mauro on NJPW,which I've said in other threads but Mauro is the best at this point and knows the style inside and out.I have a fondness for JR,not because of nostalgia,but because he's good.He was great calling the Okada/Suzuki and Okada/Shibata matches.Turning off the sound for Bate/Dunne is your loss,and you don't know how he did in that match because of that so your opinion holds no water there.Also,those kids getting those fans into that match and the crowd reaction to them was one of the things that made that match memorable so you really did yourself a disservice there.Every announcer has cliche's homie,it's just they way it is.Just because you've had enough doesn't mean he sucks it just means you get to watch the matches he's doing while listening to your favorite music.Sounds like fun bro.

--------------------

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

Zhao Xia from the Performance Center will be representing China. Not a knock, but I wonder how much they'll edit for the broadcast. I know they like to tape and present everything like it's live (which results in a lot of the annoying quick cuts), but that could leave a couple of the lesser experienced participants really exposed unless they get them in and out of there quickly with a well-choreographed match.

Also, regarding Jim Ross, Reddit reactions to him being announced for English commentary on NJPW. I understand finding him to be likable, but being objective about his lack of play-by-play and commentary ability is a separate issue. For me personally, he's just annoying on commentary and takes away from the match instead of adding to it.

--------------------

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

Full list of competitors:

* Sarah Logan
* Bianca Belair
* Abbey Laith
* Candice LeRae
* Dakota Kai
* Serena Deeb
* Vanessa Borne
* Xia Li
* Rachel Evers
* Sage Beckett
* Kay Lee Ray
* Tessa Blanchard
* Toni Storm
* Marti Belle
* Lacey Evans
* Santana Garrett
* Nicole Savoy
* Ayesha Raymond
* Reina Gonzalez
* Shayna Baszler
* Piper Niven
* Mia Yim
* Miranda Salinas
* Renee Michelle
* Princesa Sugehit
* Mercedes Martinez
* Jazzy Gabert
* Taynara Conti
* Kairi Sane
* Zeda
* Rhea Ripley
* Kavita Devi

--------------------

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

Round 1 Thoughts (spoilers for some, maybe):

Taping and editing instead of tape-to-live was the right move. Most obviously, it allowed them to edit the match order and use the really good matches to close the shows and try to hide the lesser matches in that second spot on each episode.

The main event matches were all really good. I would recommend watching each of those in its entirety:
  • Kimber Lee vs. Alpha Female told a good story. Kimber Lee was good in her role as the hard-working underdog. A lot of people are going to take notice of Alpha Female after this performance.
  • Mia Yim vs. Crazy Mary was entertaining because they both are experienced and can do a lot. I think Crazy Mary is going to get over in NXT and have a good run there.
  • Viper vs. Santana Garrett was probably the best match of Round 1. Having kept up with both their careers, I wasn't surprise by what they could do; but I was still pleasantly surprised by how good this match turned out.
  • Kairi vs. Tessa Blanchard was Blanchard getting her stuff in before it was time to showcase Kairi. Simple, but it worked well enough, and Blanchard looked good in the process.

Good Notes:
  • Shayna Baszler and Mercedes Martinez looked strong in their respective matches. Kind of wish that set them up to face each other in Round 2.
  • Princesa Sugehit was solid as the only representation from Mexico. She and Kay Lee Ray had a decent match.
  • Zeda and Xia Li have potential. I would like to see both of them get outside the Performance Center and go to places like Stardom, Shimmer, etc. for experience.

Bad Notes:
  • Marti Belle... sheesh, I was left wondering how she could have a performance like that on this stage with how long she's been in the business. They were reaching to add her as an international participant. That was just bad. Rachel Evers was passable at times in the match. If she's better than this match indicated, she'll definitely have a better match with Kimber Lee.
  • I'm not confusing being happy for Serena Deeb's story of redemption with her having a good performance. I thought parts of her in-ring and particularly her selling were cringe-worthy. I really hope they reward Viper for her performance with a win in Round 2 as opposed to pushing Serena's redemption story.
  • Devi needs a lot of work. Dakota Kai bumped and sold for her most of a short match before hitting two moves for the win. I get they wanted the international representation, but that was not good representation for India. On the plus side for Dakota, she and Kairi should be meeting in the quarter-finals for a really good match.

--------------------

jorjorbynks
Member # 12312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jorjorbynks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Round 1 Thoughts (spoilers for some, maybe):

Taping and editing instead of tape-to-live was the right move. Most obviously, it allowed them to edit the match order and use the really good matches to close the shows and try to hide the lesser matches in that second spot on each episode.

The main event matches were all really good. I would recommend watching each of those in its entirety:
  • Kimber Lee vs. Alpha Female told a good story. Kimber Lee was good in her role as the hard-working underdog. A lot of people are going to take notice of Alpha Female after this performance.
  • Mia Yim vs. Crazy Mary was entertaining because they both are experienced and can do a lot. I think Crazy Mary is going to get over in NXT and have a good run there.
  • Viper vs. Santana Garrett was probably the best match of Round 1. Having kept up with both their careers, I wasn't surprise by what they could do; but I was still pleasantly surprised by how good this match turned out.
  • Kairi vs. Tessa Blanchard was Blanchard getting her stuff in before it was time to showcase Kairi. Simple, but it worked well enough, and Blanchard looked good in the process.

Good Notes:
  • Shayna Baszler and Mercedes Martinez looked strong in their respective matches. Kind of wish that set them up to face each other in Round 2.
  • Princesa Sugehit was solid as the only representation from Mexico. She and Kay Lee Ray had a decent match.
  • Zeda and Xia Li have potential. I would like to see both of them get outside the Performance Center and go to places like Stardom, Shimmer, etc. for experience.

Bad Notes:
  • Marti Belle... sheesh, I was left wondering how she could have a performance like that on this stage with how long she's been in the business. They were reaching to add her as an international participant. That was just bad. Rachel Evers was passable at times in the match. If she's better than this match indicated, she'll definitely have a better match with Kimber Lee.
  • I'm not confusing being happy for Serena Deeb's story of redemption with her having a good performance. I thought parts of her in-ring and particularly her selling were cringe-worthy. I really hope they reward Viper for her performance with a win in Round 2 as opposed to pushing Serena's redemption story.
  • Devi needs a lot of work. Dakota Kai bumped and sold for her most of a short match before hitting two moves for the win. I get they wanted the international representation, but that was not good representation for India. On the plus side for Dakota, she and Kairi should be meeting in the quarter-finals for a really good match.

I've seen the first 3 episodes of this so far and have been impressed.

The real standout to me so far was Sarah Logan (is that Crazy Mary?). Thought she did really well in her match and seems to have the elusive "it" factor.

--------------------
Pro Wrestling is neither real nor fake. It's magic!

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

quote:
Originally posted by jorjorbynks:
...Sarah Logan (is that Crazy Mary?).

Yes. She's been doing very well with her presentation and matches in NXT.

--------------------

TerryR
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my new routines with my daughters is to watch a women's match before bed every few nights so we started watching the MYC the other night. Looking forward to seeing the tournament play out and who my girls start cheering for.
BellaRD3
Member # 128826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BellaRD3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like Sarah Logan (Crazy Mary), Kavita Devi (even if she is very green, I was still impressed), and Mia Yim. Shayna Baszler is also very impressive. I don't understand why they wanted to change crazy Mary's name, and why she hasn't been brought up to the main roster yet. She hasn't even had a strong presence in NXT. She has a lot of presence and a strong character.
BellaRD3
Member # 128826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BellaRD3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm torn about the Kimber Lee match. While I get the story that they were telling, I don't think that Kimber Lee (Abbey Laith) fits well with the WWE. I think that she is better suited for a smaller indie promotion.
HEN from MS
Member # 3801

quote:
Originally posted by BellaRD3:
I really like Sarah Logan (Crazy Mary)... I don't understand why they wanted to change crazy Mary's name, and why she hasn't been brought up to the main roster yet. She hasn't even had a strong presence in NXT. She has a lot of presence and a strong character.

She has only been active, full-time in NXT for maybe little more than half a year. She has a lot left to do in NXT. I think a good spot for her to jump into right now would be to join Ruby Riot against the Australian Mean Girls. Going to the main roster right now would be like running her career full speed into a brick wall.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Changing the name really just protects the wrestler's ownership of the trademark. If WWE trademarked Crazy Mary Dobson she wouldn't be able to use it outside WWE without a release from them. It really signals that they plan to use her longterm.

--------------------

Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished the first round matches and enjoyed it immensely, even if I didn't always agree with who went over (particularly Jazzy/Alpha Female being ousted by Kimber Lee/Abbey Laith).

Unlike some, I was very impressed with Kavita Devi. Yes, she's green and it shows, but she has something about her that feels unique, both in her movements and in her visage. With some work, I think she could go far in wrestling.

I'm looking forward to Round 2. Anybody know when those episodes drop?

--------------------
Cynthia Celeste Miller
Spectrum Games

Check out my band, Eminent Remains, on Facebook.

James D from OH
Member # 3414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James D from OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS:
I just finished the first round matches and enjoyed it immensely, even if I didn't always agree with who went over (particularly Jazzy/Alpha Female being ousted by Kimber Lee/Abbey Laith).

Unlike some, I was very impressed with Kavita Devi. Yes, she's green and it shows, but she has something about her that feels unique, both in her movements and in her visage. With some work, I think she could go far in wrestling.

I'm looking forward to Round 2. Anybody know when those episodes drop?

Apparently the next set is tomorrow and the finals are live on 9/12 after Smackdown.

--------------------
"Keep Fighting" - Heather D from OH 12/24/13.

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Knight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First the Mae Young tournament and now a global women's wrestling tournament. You get the sense that this is part of developing a separate women's brand/tv show, with separate ppv's, which would take the women off of RAW and Smackdown. With the WWE Network they want more first run brand programming

[ 09-03-2017, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: The Masked Knight ]

--------------------
n/a

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Knight:
First the Mae Young tournament and now a global women's wrestling tournament.

*sigh*

Same thing, wally.

--------------------

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Knight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh...forgot to check the date. but I still think this is setting up a new brand

--------------------
n/a

James D from OH
Member # 3414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James D from OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Knight:
heh...forgot to check the date. but I still think this is setting up a new brand

Hopefully.

--------------------
"Keep Fighting" - Heather D from OH 12/24/13.

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

Round 2 thoughts:

I'm glad Rachel Evers got that Marti Belle stank off of her. Evers looked like she had some potential this time. Kimber Lee is really good and it showed even more working with Evers than it did working with Alpha Female.

Martinez vs. Sugehit was okay. I thought they both looked good. Normally, I'd be riding with Martinez in this bracket, but I'm going with Kimber Lee here.

Glad Viper got the W on Serena Deeb. Viper had another really good match. And this time it's not a coincidence because Santana Garrett is obviously better than Serena Deeb. Viper is just that good.

Bianca Belair really won me over with that match. I'm glad she technically got two wins with the qualifying match and a really memorable elimination out of this tournament. She and Kairi got a lot more out of that match than I ever would have expected with Belair's level of experience.

Toni Storm is going to be a star where ever she decides to go. Lacey Evans is turning into a solid performer. I still kind of think her presentation needs some refinment. More military kick ass and less glam.

So much for getting all the winners I wanted. I thought Mia Yim would get that win. I thought he whole 4 Horsewomen thing made it a coin toss because Baz would have something else to do. Baz came out of that one looking stronger than she did in the Round 1 squash. I'm guessing the groundwork for an 8-woman tag at Mania is laid too.

Rhea Ripley has Charlotte Flair potential. She's much better than I would have guessed. I think it's safe to classify her as a great discovery. Dakota Kai (Evie) has that Bayley vibe. Both are already very good. That match was hella fun. They need to resume that rivalry on NXT immediately.

Savoy and LeRae had a really good match. It will probably end up being the most underrated match of the tournament. It followed seven matches that ranged from solid to really good, and it was just as good or better than most of them. I understand the Baszler push, but I think Savoy is a better worker.

_______

Quarter Finals thoughts:

There is a basically a SHIMMER bracket and a STARDOM bracket.

My thoughts with Kimber Lee vs. Martinez were that it would make the winner of LeRae vs. Baszler a foregone conclusion. I didn't see them doing either Martinez vs. Baszler or Kimber vs. Candice in the semis. Either Candice or Kimber would have to be the underdog babyface. I was wrong. I thought Kimber vs. Baz made the most sense. I'm guessing, like me, the fans in the building didn't get the winner they wanted. But it's not much different, booking-wise, from what they did with the UK tournament (except Savoy didn't beat LeRae to set up Baszler vs. Savoy). Solid match though.

Baszler's presence is good, but the low-energy looming lacks some charisma. Her full presentation is missing that something special that someone like Aleister Black or Samoa Joe has with that style that makes them so captivating. That quick finish out of nowhere has Baszler looking stronger than ever though. She's almost been booked Asuka strong.

I guess I'll go with Martinez in the semis.

Toni Storm and Viper did what they've been doing in STARDOM and it was as good as expected. Viper had a really good run of matches. Both would be great additions to NXT, but Toni Storm vibes star so much that I could see her being called up to the main roster too quickly.

Same goes for Evie vs. Kairi being as good as expected. Both are really good and it's not their first time working together. Give Evie someone to work with and she definitely won't be boring.

Kairi vs. Toni Storm should be good.

_______

Semi-Finals:

Well, looks like they're all-in on Baz. I definitley don't feel like the best worker or the person who has the most potential or will have the best matches made it out of the left bracket. Baz is good at what she does, but I think they had better, more versatile options on that side. They kept her strong if not looking unbeatable.

Kairi and Toni went for the risk vs. reward aproach. As with any STARDOM match, you think things can go sideways with all the high-risk, but they just keep right on trucking. My predictions for the right bracket made it to the end. So no complaints with any of the winners on that side.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations