WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » E:60 WWE Behind the Curtain (Page 1)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: E:60 WWE Behind the Curtain
wheel23
Member
Member # 5514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wheel23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody watching this really interesting stuff.
IP: Logged
wheel23
Member
Member # 5514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wheel23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeremy Schaap asking Vince if all the guys are clean and not on steriods.

Vince claims they are and there way past that stuff.

IP: Logged
Midwest Dream
Member
Member # 5589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midwest Dream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liking what I see so far.
IP: Logged
PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, the level of overthinking the WWE does is astounding.

A fun watch, my sentiment is the Ray Leppan is simply almost too old at 35 to be booked as Adam Rose and that not the character of a wily, well traveled veteran.

After watching, you can't help but pull for these guys.

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

IP: Logged
wheel23
Member
Member # 5514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wheel23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a whole new respect for Adam Rose not sure I will ever look at him the same way again.
IP: Logged
Jay P. Punk
Member
Member # 4082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay P. Punk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man...I was surprised at how well Demott came off particularly in light of the allegations about his conduct flying around. Maybe he's just smart enough to know how to babyface here?
IP: Logged
ckb_nc
Member
Member # 71425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ckb_nc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tons of respect for Adam Rose/Ray Leppan. Actually lots of respect for all of these guys.

I think NXT is the literally the most important investment WWE made if I was an investor. Amazed at the talent working with them - having Dusty alone is a amazing

IP: Logged
okstampede
Member
Member # 10203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for okstampede     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the point of listing real names like Michael Seitz, Paul Taylor, Virgil Runnels Jr? If they were interviewing Jay Z would they put "Shawn Carter" up in a graphic?

--------------------
"These matches are sanctioned by the NWA, the National Wrestling Alliance. Wherever you see that banner, you know you're seeing the finest in professional wrestling."

"Nothing I hate more than a dog that sucks eggs."

IP: Logged
PeteF3
Member
Member # 1298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeteF3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the other hand, if they were interviewing the cast of Better Call Saul, would they put "Saul Goodman" as a graphic, or Bob Odenkirk?
IP: Logged
okstampede
Member
Member # 10203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for okstampede     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to look that up since I have never seen it. But I would imagine the name "Odenkirk" would be known as he used it publicly. Those 3 (not sure about Cole) have never used those names for public consumption. To ID those three is almost saying "they've played other roles as well".

[ 05-05-2015, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: okstampede ]

--------------------
"These matches are sanctioned by the NWA, the National Wrestling Alliance. Wherever you see that banner, you know you're seeing the finest in professional wrestling."

"Nothing I hate more than a dog that sucks eggs."

IP: Logged
brawler2711
Member
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never watched NXT but when Rose did the Leo Kruger gimmick it seemed decent. I just saw the short clips but they all shot it down in the meetings.

--------------------
Sir Tojo: "I used Brut in the late '60's-early '70's. Used to splash it all over my crotch area after a shower--no joke.I used to get some funny reactions to that back in my early 20's. Fond memories."

IP: Logged
mckinneydg
Member
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by okstampede:
I had to look that up since I have never seen it. But I would imagine the name "Odenkirk" would be known as he used it publicly. Those 3 (not sure about Cole) have never used those names for public consumption. To ID those three is almost saying "they've played other roles as well".

The name of the show was Behind the Curtain so I think using the real names played into that.

It was an excellent hour of television and while I was already a fan of Adam Rose's gimmick I gained a new respect for him as a person as well. This show also made me root for Xavier Woods (who has been really good with heel New Day) even harder.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

IP: Logged
frank1
Member
Member # 5584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frank1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah the Adam Rose stuff definitely makes you want to pull for the guy. If the character dies, hopefully they can hook him up with some type of job. If he is "future endeavored" maybe the exposure on this show could get him picked up somewhere else.

PS-Maybe I am old fashioned and I am definitely not rooting against him after last night, he's also a family man-but doesn't Corey Graves look ridiculous in a suit with neck tattoos? I saw him on the Extreme Rules pre-show and I was like-WTH, maybe dress him more casually so the tats are not so glaring.

[ 05-06-2015, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: frank1 ]

IP: Logged
frank1
Member
Member # 5584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frank1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was also surprised to see Michael Cole being in the character development meeting giving an opinion. Ross, Hayes, Dusty, yeah but I guess they try and get as many opinions as possible.

I think it's the slicked back hair and obviously he's aged but to me Vince looks so different. He almost looks like a wax figure of Dracula.

[ 05-06-2015, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: frank1 ]

IP: Logged
mckinneydg
Member
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by frank1:
PS-Maybe I am old fashioned and I am definitely not rooting against him after last night, he's also a family man-but doesn't Corey Graves look ridiculous in a suit with neck tattoos? I saw him on the Extreme Rules pre-show and I was like-WTH, maybe dress him more usually so the tats are so glaring.

I don't care for that look in general, but in pro-wrestling? It works. Michael Hayes touched on that in one of the meetings as well. It's a good look for a pro-wrestling analyst I think.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

IP: Logged
Big Daddy Meatybone
Member
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mckinneydg:
quote:
Originally posted by frank1:
PS-Maybe I am old fashioned and I am definitely not rooting against him after last night, he's also a family man-but doesn't Corey Graves look ridiculous in a suit with neck tattoos? I saw him on the Extreme Rules pre-show and I was like-WTH, maybe dress him more usually so the tats are so glaring.

I don't care for that look in general, but in pro-wrestling? It works. Michael Hayes touched on that in one of the meetings as well. It's a good look for a pro-wrestling analyst I think.
This is coming from a previous Corey Graves-skeptic, but yes...it works. To me, its a very Fuse-TV/MTV type look that will attract the young stars but he is articulate enough to pull off the suit. I am pulling for the guy. Glad he has his own show on the network now too. I rather see him in a cutting-edge Stephen A. Smith type role.

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

"A draw is like kissing your sister" ~ Larry Nelson, 1987

IP: Logged
Clint Barton
Member
Member # 72370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clint Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by frank1:
PS-Maybe I am old fashioned and I am definitely not rooting against him after last night, he's also a family man-but doesn't Corey Graves look ridiculous in a suit with neck tattoos? I saw him on the Extreme Rules pre-show and I was like-WTH, maybe dress him more casually so the tats are so glaring.

THANK YOU!!! I'm not a fan of tattoos but it is a reality for many nowadays... and I'll admit on some, it fits and may look cool... but neck tattoos IMO never will. Anytime I see Graves, that tattoo in front of his neck is distracting.
IP: Logged
PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, WWE had no say as to the final edit of what was broadcasted to the masses. Now that is refreshing!

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

IP: Logged
Matt Farmer from WA
Member
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If wrestling people are aware of a camera recording them they are "working".

With that said WWE over produces everything and we got a glimpse of it, but on the main roster it's even worse than what you seen. I've only seen clips of the Doc and saw an early edit. And plan on watching the full show tonight.

IP: Logged
SHAQ
Member
Member # 7488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHAQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know when this airs again
IP: Logged
Marcus K. Fabian
Member
Member # 69831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcus K. Fabian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was sort of disheartening to see Road Dogg producing Xavier Woods' Raw debut with R-Truth and the Funkadactyls. Internally, among the coaches and agents, Road Dogg is considered WWE's expert at "working black."

I swear I'm not making that up.

IP: Logged
Gov't Mule
Member
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay P. Punk:
Man...I was surprised at how well Demott came off particularly in light of the allegations about his conduct flying around. Maybe he's just smart enough to know how to babyface here?

#1 He's smart enough to know when the cameras are on him

#2 Even if everything said about him is true, he's probably a decent enough guy 90% of the time.

IP: Logged
jjmike
Member
Member # 3833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjmike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What is the point of listing real names like Michael Seitz, Paul Taylor, Virgil Runnels Jr? If they were interviewing Jay Z would they put "Shawn Carter" up in a graphic?

The WWE actually does this themself with some of the people on Total Divas.
IP: Logged
Groove Buddha
Member
Member # 3135

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Groove Buddha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SHAQ:
Does anyone know when this airs again

Watch it while you can...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4H_4pEkAxE

IP: Logged
wheel23
Member
Member # 5514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wheel23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Groove Buddha:
quote:
Originally posted by SHAQ:
Does anyone know when this airs again

Watch it while you can...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4H_4pEkAxE

It airs on ESPN again May 12 at 9pm.
IP: Logged
CWFmark from FL
Member
Member # 900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CWFmark from FL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by frank1:
I was also surprised to see Michael Cole being in the character development meeting giving an opinion. Ross, Hayes, Dusty, yeah but I guess they try and get as many opinions as possible.

I think it's the slicked back hair and obviously he's aged but to me Vince looks so different. He almost looks like a wax figure of Dracula.

Saw Steve Keirn with them as well. Was hoping to catch Norman as he's one of the top trainers...
IP: Logged
Matt Farmer from WA
Member
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gov't Mule:
quote:
Originally posted by Jay P. Punk:
Man...I was surprised at how well Demott came off particularly in light of the allegations about his conduct flying around. Maybe he's just smart enough to know how to babyface here?

#1 He's smart enough to know when the cameras are on him

#2 Even if everything said about him is true, he's probably a decent enough guy 90% of the time.

Truth is there were far more people who "had his back" but there was enough people that came forward who he allegedly abused to cause him for leave.

The ESPN piece did a better job in showing the "character" of people, than WWE has done with those some individuals. And they did it in less than an hour.

IP: Logged
SHAQ
Member
Member # 7488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHAQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wheel23:
quote:
Originally posted by Groove Buddha:
quote:
Originally posted by SHAQ:
Does anyone know when this airs again

Watch it while you can...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4H_4pEkAxE

It airs on ESPN again May 12 at 9pm.
Thank you
IP: Logged
Pillsbury
Member
Member # 43540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pillsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[/qb][/QUOTE]The ESPN piece did a better job in showing the "character" of people, than WWE has done with those some individuals. And they did it in less than an hour. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Now might be a good time to have Adam Rose maybe do something like answer Cena's open challenge.He comes out and says something along the lines of all of the fans seeing his family and his life on ESPN,he needs more money to support his family,titles mean money and he's answering the challenge.

Or not.I don't know.I just hate to see them have something that could work and is real just slip by.He has more depth to him right now than they've ever given him.

--------------------
Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have FIVE SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!.......FIVE!!!

IP: Logged
MWThomas
Member
Member # 5235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MWThomas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like how these docs always focus on the rasslers. I would love to see a doc that focuses on the roadies and the production. Let's face it: the boys would be tumbling on gym mats in high school gyms without the multimillion dollar production values. I'm someone who sees on camera talent as being a dime a dozen and that real talent lies in the coordinated efforts of their production army. The many over the one, if you will.
IP: Logged
Sling WCFL
Member
Member # 9704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sling WCFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thoroughly enjoyed the piece but found it interesting that they pointed out several times throughout the documentary that the success ratio was so low yet the only stories they focused on were guys in that 20%. I would imagine a piece that started back in 2013 would've had quite a bit of footage from guys who as they said didn't have the charisma necessary. They really should have followed one of those "failure" stories.
IP: Logged
Gov't Mule
Member
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sling WCFL:
Thoroughly enjoyed the piece but found it interesting that they pointed out several times throughout the documentary that the success ratio was so low yet the only stories they focused on were guys in that 20%. I would imagine a piece that started back in 2013 would've had quite a bit of footage from guys who as they said didn't have the charisma necessary. They really should have followed one of those "failure" stories.

I almost wonder if WWE made sure all 3 guys (Rose, Woods & Graves) were still employed/in semi-prominent spots in anticipation of the documentary. Graves was finished as a wrestler but they give him a two-year contract to announce. That's extremely rare. Rose and Woods both underwhelmed initially, but Rose has stayed on tv as a lower-card guy and Woods along with New Day got pushed hard even after bombing out of the gates.
IP: Logged
Sling WCFL
Member
Member # 9704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sling WCFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gov't Mule:
quote:
Originally posted by Sling WCFL:
Thoroughly enjoyed the piece but found it interesting that they pointed out several times throughout the documentary that the success ratio was so low yet the only stories they focused on were guys in that 20%. I would imagine a piece that started back in 2013 would've had quite a bit of footage from guys who as they said didn't have the charisma necessary. They really should have followed one of those "failure" stories.

I almost wonder if WWE made sure all 3 guys (Rose, Woods & Graves) were still employed/in semi-prominent spots in anticipation of the documentary. Graves was finished as a wrestler but they give him a two-year contract to announce. That's extremely rare. Rose and Woods both underwhelmed initially, but Rose has stayed on tv as a lower-card guy and Woods along with New Day got pushed hard even after bombing out of the gates.
Even the extra footage they released was on Big Cass and Tyler Breeze two more NXT success stories. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that WWE had no say in the final edit, yet everything shown pushes the positive spin. Makes me question just how much say so they really had?
IP: Logged
Sed76
Member
Member # 6884

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sed76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It amazes me WWE can have so many veteran guys involved in the creative process and still turn out such terrible gimmicks like Adam Rose, Fandango and stuff like that.
IP: Logged
mckinneydg
Member
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adam Rose may never be a main event player, but I think it's a fun gimmick to have on TV.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

IP: Logged
Gov't Mule
Member
Member # 2440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gov't Mule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sling WCFL:
quote:
Originally posted by Gov't Mule:
quote:
Originally posted by Sling WCFL:
Thoroughly enjoyed the piece but found it interesting that they pointed out several times throughout the documentary that the success ratio was so low yet the only stories they focused on were guys in that 20%. I would imagine a piece that started back in 2013 would've had quite a bit of footage from guys who as they said didn't have the charisma necessary. They really should have followed one of those "failure" stories.

I almost wonder if WWE made sure all 3 guys (Rose, Woods & Graves) were still employed/in semi-prominent spots in anticipation of the documentary. Graves was finished as a wrestler but they give him a two-year contract to announce. That's extremely rare. Rose and Woods both underwhelmed initially, but Rose has stayed on tv as a lower-card guy and Woods along with New Day got pushed hard even after bombing out of the gates.
Even the extra footage they released was on Big Cass and Tyler Breeze two more NXT success stories. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that WWE had no say in the final edit, yet everything shown pushes the positive spin. Makes me question just how much say so they really had?
They may not have had much say in the footage/edits, but would have known who was being focused on and could make them look as good as possible.
IP: Logged
Matt Farmer from WA
Member
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MWThomas:
I'm someone who sees on camera talent as being a dime a dozen and that real talent lies in the coordinated efforts of their production army. The many over the one, if you will.

While I would enjoy seeing that side of things too. But when you say talent is a dime a dozen, but they are not on the production side? Really? There are MORE people that work in production than work as talent.
IP: Logged
SHAQ
Member
Member # 7488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHAQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caught it on Daily Motion. Very good show
IP: Logged
Matt Farmer from WA
Member
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is one major flaw with NXT that I posted elsewhere when I read that KENTA was hurt and will be out for 6 to 8 months.

And that is the wear and tear the veterans endure "paying their dues" at the Performance Center. Guys like Kenta, Sami Zayn, Steen, Neville and others have been in the business working close to or a full time schedule for ten years or more. At that point in most wrestlers careers they have learned to work smarter and not harder. Usually this comes because they are smartened up to the pounding your body takes over time just taking bumps. Ten years in you learn that you do not have to do dozens of bumps to have a good match.

With the Performance Center these guys are brought in a treated almost like they are rookies in that they have to do drills. Drills that require a lot of bumping, and unnecessary bumping.

You spend a year or two in developmental you'll take more bumps that you would on the road in five years. Their accelerating the injury rate for the guys that do not need to practice bumping.

IP: Logged
MWThomas
Member
Member # 5235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MWThomas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Farmer from WA:
quote:
Originally posted by MWThomas:
I'm someone who sees on camera talent as being a dime a dozen and that real talent lies in the coordinated efforts of their production army. The many over the one, if you will.

While I would enjoy seeing that side of things too. But when you say talent is a dime a dozen, but they are not on the production side? Really? There are MORE people that work in production than work as talent.
Dude, producers, directors and DPs make great films, not actors. While it's true that more people are involved with production than rassling, it's always the rasslers that get the glory. I'm not trying to be a hater. I just want the true movers and shakers to have their due.
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3