WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » 30 Years Ago: David Von Erich Grabs Final Title in Career Cut Short

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 30 Years Ago: David Von Erich Grabs Final Title in Career Cut Short
Rich Tate
Administrator
Member # 1374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich Tate   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From John Cannon:

When sitting around discussing the legendary Von Erich family, you can’t help but find the words what if from falling into the conversation. With such a vast amount of talent and promise, the Von Erich boys – Kevin, David, Kerry, Mike, and Chris – all found stardom in Texas-based World Class Championship Wrestling – and to some degree, other US territories and abroad – until the untimely death of David, the tragic suicides of Mike, Chris, and Kerry, and the 1995 retirement of Kevin.

With his star on the rise in 1983, perhaps no other Von Erich garners more what could have been discussion than David. While Mike and Chris suffered from physical and health limitations that kept them from progressing to the top, and Kerry and Kevin seeing the apex of their wrestling careers, it has been said that David was being groomed for championship greatness just prior to his death on February 10, 1984.

Continue

--------------------
Georgia Wrestling History

IP: Logged
Rudeboy13668
Member # 10221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rudeboy13668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for posting the story's from your website. I have been enjoying them.
Rich Tate
Administrator
Member # 1374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich Tate   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you.

--------------------
Georgia Wrestling History

Soletaker
Member # 1564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soletaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoy these as well. I look forward to these posts. Lots of great info.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations