WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » What are you watching? (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: What are you watching?
HEN from MS
Member # 3801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEN from MS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished PWG: Battle of Los Angeles 2016. Solid indy show, about as expected. Fenix, Pentagon Jr., Will Ospreay, Richochet, Zack Sabre Jr., and the Young Bucks were who I was looking forward to seeing the most, and they did not disappoint. Mark Haskins has a neat style. This was my first time seeing him.

--------------------
"Yip!" -- Jumpin' Jeff Farmer

IP: Logged
DaClyde
Member # 127626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaClyde   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I supported Chikara's Indiegogo campaign for their new video game and the perk was a free month of their Chikaratopia streaming service. I watched their live Counting Backward event yesterday. Joey Styles joined Mike Quackenbush on commentary and it was a really fun show. The main event between Juan Francisco de Coronado and Zack Sabre, Jr. featured some great British-style submission/escape work. Been awhile since I've seen that much work on the mat.
WahooFan
Member # 2026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WahooFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched the two episode story on Vince Lombardi on A Football Life. Amazing. I highly recommend it.

--------------------
Arnold Palmer: "Gary Player eats bacon when no one's watching."

MoneyDragon
Member # 4646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoneyDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watching highspots tv and going though the fip achive backwords now.

--------------------
free

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/september-1984-wrestling/

September of 1984 saw the Freebirds fly out of the WWF, A major star's career is cut short due to a sudden medical incident, A former NWA champ debuts for Vince, Dusty positions himself as Flair's top contender, The Brain is banished from the AWA, a former world champ leaves Verne's roster, two all-time great teams clash in Chicago, Pro Wrestling USA debuts, Lawler teams with a long time foe, The AWA sabotages the Von Erichs expansion plans, A major heel turn rocks Texas, Watts attempts to replace JYD with Master Gee, Cornette is scalped, 34,000 fans witness a Puerto Rican Stadium supercard, JCP loses a top star to Vince and many more news and results!

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/mlg-92384/

Toronto fans are offered up a rather pitiful card, full of bad refereeing, poor announcing, lousy matches, and botches...all sort of saved by a double main event of Andre the Giant facing Kamala and Sgt. Slaughter brawling with the Iron Sheik....this was a rough one to get through....

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwf-spectrum-101384/

Philly fans were treated to a wild tag team encounter featuring the JYD and Sgt. Slaughter clashing with Nikolai Volkoff and the Iron Sheik (I linked the video - it's that good), plus World Champ Hulk Hogan attempts to bully the massive Big John Studd, the undercard sees Ken Patera, Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake battle some underdogs, plus and early appearance from David Sammartino.

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wccw102784/

WCCW presents a big card from the Cotton Bowl which sees Kevin Von Erich clash with Chris Adams, Mixed tag team shenanigans as trucker Stella Mae French teams with Mike Von Erich to engage in battle with Nicola Roberts and Gino Hernandez, Kerry Von Erich teams with Mike to face off with the Dynamic Duo and Jake the Snake, plus the Missing Link, the Fantastics, Butch Reed and other top stars of the era appear. The fans are HOT and the show features some unique showmanship as well as a dramatically executed kayfabe injury angle!

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwf-meadowlands-101484/

The WWF presents another rather horrible series of matches with Brutus Beefcake, Mr. Fuji, Big John Studd, David Sammartino and Moondog Spot all taking part in dreadfully dull singles matches. The tag team scene carries the day as Andre the Giant teams with Sgt Slaughter to clash with the foreign fanatics consisting of the Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff. The WWF tag champs Adonis and Murdoch put on a show to carry Afa and Sika to a fun outing and the Brisco Brothers make a rare WWF appearance in a squash match.

Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boardwalk Empire season 3, The Resurrection of Jake the Snake Roberts, Switchback with Dennis Quaid and Danny Glover.

Also lots of Hockey including The Flyers 9 game winning streak and also The Minneosta Golden Gophers.

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wrasslin-october-1984/

We set the wayback machine to October of 1984 as we travel to each major territory to examine the happenings. This month includes an NWA feud being settled on WWF TV, Roddy Piper gets rowdy with the Tonga Kid, several more major stars jump to the WWF, St. Louis fans are spoiled by having two top caliber main events go down in one night as NWA legends clash with the AWA's top stars, 3 promotions promise to trade talent to fend off the WWF invasion, Brody no shows a ton of scheduled AWA main events, the AWA crushes Vince in Chicago, Verne screw over his paying audience intentionally, a glimpse of "Psycho" Bob Backlund is seen, an infamously poor wrestler gets a Memphis push, the Von Erichs headline a stadium show, a famous Mid-South feud restarts, JCP has to rearrange their title scene after losing more talent to the WWF, Starrcade is set up and much more!!

brawler2711
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arnold_OldSchool:

We set the wayback machine to October of 1984 as we travel to each major territory to examine the happenings. This month includes an NWA feud being settled on WWF TV, Roddy Piper gets rowdy with the Tonga Kid, several more major stars jump to the WWF, St. Louis fans are spoiled by having two top caliber main events go down in one night as NWA legends clash with the AWA's top stars, 3 promotions promise to trade talent to fend off the WWF invasion, Brody no shows a ton of scheduled AWA main events, the AWA crushes Vince in Chicago, Verne screw over his paying audience intentionally, a glimpse of "Psycho" Bob Backlund is seen, an infamously poor wrestler gets a Memphis push, the Von Erichs headline a stadium show, a famous Mid-South feud restarts, JCP has to rearrange their title scene after losing more talent to the WWF, Starrcade is set up and much more!!

Never heard this one before, interesting.

“Iron” Mike Sharpe was fired for refusing to lose to the Tonga Kid.

--------------------
Sir Tojo: "I used Brut in the late '60's-early '70's. Used to splash it all over my crotch area after a shower--no joke.I used to get some funny reactions to that back in my early 20's. Fond memories."

Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Berberovic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agents of Shield Season 1, entire run of Angel ( David Boreanaz), Joss Whedon's "Much Ado About Nothing"
Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
quote:
Originally posted by Arnold_OldSchool:

Never heard this one before, interesting.

“Iron” Mike Sharpe was fired for refusing to lose to the Tonga Kid.

I found a bit more info on Mike Sharpe quitting.

It was at the TV taping where Tonga Kid confronted Piper, who was interviewing the "Executioner". Apparently Sharpe was suppose to be in the segment to set up losing to the Kid on TV the next week. He found out the angle and walked out before the night even finished up.

Duke Of Dorchester
Member # 6218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duke Of Dorchester   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently watched:

1. Goliath (Amazon) - Billy Bob Thornton (great)
2. Hand of God (Amazon) Ron Pearlman (Great)

Now watching on Amazon:

Sneaky Pete (Brian Cranston) - SO far so good!

--------------------
[[[----------]]]

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwf-madison-square-garden-11261984/

A wild night at MSG sees the return of Jimmy Snuka as he joins his cousin The Tonga Kid for a bout with Roddy Piper, accompanied by Ace Orton. Tito Santana and Greg Valentine steal the show with an intense 25 minute war of attrition, plus David Schultz has bizarre bout with Rocky Johnson, Bruno Sammartino returns to aide his son David against Ken Patera, plus Barry Windham debuts and more!

Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Berberovic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been watching Season 10 of Bones, very underrated series.
Rav
Member # 6126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stargate SG1 Season 8 and Stargate Atlantis Season 1
NYindyfan
Member # 125634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYindyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rav:
Stargate SG1 Season 8 and Stargate Atlantis Season 1

Both of those are awesome
TerryR
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Berberovic:
Been watching Season 10 of Bones, very underrated series.

When I used to buy ad placements on TV, in June we would get tapes (later DVDs) of all the Fall pilots from the stations and we'd have to watch them to see if they were shows that we wanted to buy. I remember watching Bones with my g/f (now wife) and after we both decided it was a one season show. Sure was wrong on that one haha.
Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

The First Season WAS pretty shaky as I recall, but it's constantly improved, and no show stays on the air for 12 seasons without strong numbers, and this show has had some seasons when it was averaging over 10 Million viewers per episode.

Numbers Vince McMahon would sell Mexican black tar heroin at the merch stands in order to achieve...

TerryR
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it was a solid performer.

Another bad judgement I had was when my fellow assistant at the time was offered a make good for a couple of Entertainment Tonight spots (they were sold out) into a new show that was premiering, The Apprentice.

He asked our pod what we thought and I said, "Is that the Donald Trump show? Ah, I'd ask for something else." Then it turned into the only hit that Global had, other than Survivor, and did monster ratings.

Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

That's not news, but that too is reality. (A cryptic reference that only people from Ontario of a certain vintage may get)
NYindyfan
Member # 125634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYindyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just started watching the Memphis territory from the 1979 season
Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

Binge watched Sleepy Hollow Season 1 last night. Very entertaining, looking forward to watching Season 2.

Also Season 1 of Dollhouse, which was a interesting premise but only lasted 2 seasons, and of course featured my girl Eliza Dushku.

Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

Caprica- seasons 1.0 + 1.5. Prequels are hard, and to me there was something missing from this show. Esai Morales as Joseph Adama was very good, however. Eric Stoltz I thought phoned it in.

The Americans- Season 1. The early 80's seem a million years ago now.

pitbullsfan
Member # 115351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pitbullsfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Global and Puerto Rico. Global is hard to watch, the dvd collection I have is not in any sort of order.
P.R. is all in Spanish, except some of the wrestlers from USA and Canada give English interviews with a Spanish translator- very awkward.

MoneyDragon
Member # 4646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoneyDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the shine archive.on floslam.

--------------------
free

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/best-eddie-gilbert-volume-one/

The Best of Eddie Gilbert - Volume One includes his TV debut in the late 70's, his violent feud with Tommy Rich, the Concession stand brawl, Gilbert's famous WWF angle with the Masked Superstar, Wrestling a fan in Continental, tons of promos, and of course a heavy dose of the never ending Jerry Lawler vs. Gilbert feud that raged in Memphis for 10 years.

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/eddiegilbertvol2/

A look at some more of Eddie Gilbert's best matches and angles as we dive into Memphis for a bloodbath with Tommy Rich and Jackie Fargo, then we head to Philly for an all over the place brawl with Cactus Jack. Gilbert gets personal in Smoky Mountain Wrestling as he mocks Ricky Morton's family, which leads to the debut of the Unibomb. We return to Memphis for Doug Gilbert's infamous shoot on Jerry Lawler. Dennis Coraluzzo brings in Gilbert for a battle with Road Warrior Hawk - and we close with Gilbert's chicanery from his run in Global wrestling.

merc
Member # 125456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for doing this Arnold, some good stuff!

On free TV I'm hooked on Designated Survivor

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

quote:
Originally posted by merc:
Thanks for doing this Arnold, some good stuff!

On free TV I'm hooked on Designated Survivor

Thanks! I have fun looking into this old time wrasslin!

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/roadwarriorsinajpw/

The Road Warriors come to Japan and face the biggest names of the time as Jumbo Tsuruta, Tenryu, Giant Baba, Terry and Dory Funk, Killer Khan, “Animal” Hamaguchi and others match up with the young power houses. Many piledrivers are no sold, and many veterans are smashed along the way.

[ 03-05-2017, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Arnold_OldSchool ]

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

https://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wrasslin-back-in-the-day-november-1984/

November of 1984 sees an exodus of talent from the WWF, plus Snuka returns from hiatus to go after Piper, Andre gets an unplanned haircut, the WWF runs a card with NINETEEN cage matches(!), Bruno returns to MSG, Bruiser Brody and Ric Flair tangle in St Louis, The Omni plays host to a big tag team tournament, The AWA beats the WWF in a head to head battle for the Twin Cities, Wrestlers not showing up to work continue to haunt the AWA, the WWF messes with Pro Wrestling USA's touring plans, Jerry Lawler takes on monster heels, Kerry Von Erich heads to Hollywood, The Von Erich Family finds an unlikely friend, Mid-South heads back to the Superdome, Bill Watts books a major babyface turn, and Starrcade goes down in JCP - plus more news, notes and results!

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/eddiegilbertvol3/

The final installment of the "Best of Eddie Gilbert" collection sees Gilbert in the Mid-South, building a stable with Missy Hyatt while her charge John Tatum finds himself left in the cold. We see Gilbert and company competing with Terry Taylor, The Fantastics, and The Missing Link. We next take a look at Gilbert's attempts to give a portrait of himself to a lucky fan, leading to a goofy blow off. Then comes Gilbert's alliance with Communists, leading to an epic angle with Bill Watts and the Russian flag. Dr. Death, Ted Dibiase and others all play a role. We close with the Freebirds picking a fight with "Cowboy" Bill Watts. I've added as many videos as possible so you can enjoy the journey along the way.

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wrasslin-back-day-wwf-meadowlands-12101984/

The Meadowlands plays host to Hulk Hogan defending his WWF title against Big John Studd. Plus Jimmy Snuka butts heads with Bob Orton Jr, and JYD clashes with Mr. Wonderful. Roddy Piper is on hand to provide a race baiting promo. Bobby Heenan wrestles in possibly one of the worst matches of his career. Ken Patera, Johnny Valiant, George Wells and Buddy Rose face off with jabronis and a women's tag match sets the bar for boring...

Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

Hawaii Five-0 reboot, Seasons 5 and 6.

Good solid performances.

BBC show the Hour, both seasons

Ripper Street, Season 4.

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/msg122884/

We return to MSG for a historic night of action as the first "Road to Wrestlemania" begins as Roddy Piper storms into a Capt. Lou Albano and Cyndi Lauper ceremony and causes chaos. The Hulkster battles the Iron Sheik, Jack Brisco competes in one of his final matches as the Briscos grapple with Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis, Tonga Kid and Superfly Snuka have a wild match with Bob Orton and Roddy Piper, top international junior heavyweights the Cobra and the Black Tiger try and win over the crowd, JYD has some unexpected issues with a jobber and more action!

midsouthfan from N.O.
Member # 1508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for midsouthfan from N.O.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The amazing year of 1982 Mid South. Reliving again week by week on the WWE network
Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/njpwclassics33/

"New Japan Classics 33" featuring Antonio Inoki facing off with Abdullah the Butcher, the Masked Superstar and Bad News Allen. WWF Junior Heavyweight champion Tatsumi Fujinami collides with NWA Junior Heavyweight champion Les Thornton, plus Tiger Mask clashes with one of Mexico's top luchadores, Roland Boch and more!!

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wccwstarwars84/

Kerry Von Erich enjoys a home field advantage as NWA World Champ Ric Flair comes to Dallas to take up his challenge. Kevin Von Erich seeks revenge against Chris Adams in a "lumberjack" match, Mike Von Erich teams with Billy Jack Haynes to meet the menace of Jake the Snake and Gino Hernandez, plus the Fantastics duel with the Midnight Express, and the Freebirds butt heads with Akbar's Army!

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations