WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » What are you watching? (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: What are you watching?
NYindyfan
Member # 125634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYindyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Enterprise was pretty solid. Much better than Voyager in my opinion.
IP: Logged
Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Berberovic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NYindyfan:
Yeah Enterprise was pretty solid. Much better than Voyager in my opinion.

JOLENE BLALOCK!!!!
[Big Grin]

Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Berberovic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been binge watching "That 70's Show", Laura Prepon is my future ex-wife,of course. And in the wayback machine, "Have Gun Will Travel"
Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/halloween-havoc-96/#.VnwA_hUrLIU

The Mega Powers explode...only 8 years too late. Plus The Outsiders battle Harlem Heat, The Horsemen brawl with the Dungeon of Doom, The Total Package takes the measure of The Enforcer, Jericho tries to ground Syxx, The Giant crushes Double J, DDP collides with Eddy Guerrero and Rey Jr and Dean Malenko engage in a near classic!! Plus backstage news from the period including how close Mean Gene, Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan were to jumping back to the WWF, Jerry Saggs shooting on Nitro and much more!

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/world-war-3-1996/#.VokTIxUrLIU

The entire WCW roster manages to lose to a handful of nWo members in one match...Plus one of the best matches of the year as Ultimo Dragon collides with Rey Jr, one of the worst matches of the year as Chris Jericho faces ref Nick Patrick, Double J tries to chop down the Giant, The Outsiders face off with the Nasty Boys and The Faces of Fear and Roddy Piper confronts the entire nWo as he's the last real man left in WCW. Plus Bam Bam Bigelow gets into a shoot fight and other backstage news from the period!

NYindyfan
Member # 125634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYindyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been enjoying the georgia episodes from '82. Just got up to that big pull apart brawl with Piper and Bob Armstrong. Also just got about 17 st. louis wrestling dvd's, and 1981 mid atlantic episodes. Finished watching a couple of discs from the polynesian territory. Probably would've enjoyed it more if it were full tv episodes. Too random and too many short matches. Flair vs. samu for the world title was on there in front of a house that looked about 1/4 full.
Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb02_HEdEFM

Never seen this before. Guy was obviously over his head.

Chuck Austin vs The Rockers

Werdna
Member # 38248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Werdna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished watching the WCW that was recently added to the vault on WWE Network and the SMW episodes they put up....On to Mid South and WCCW
NYindyfan
Member # 125634

just watched the 1st disc of st. louis wrestling series. Didn't particularly care for the first disc but I've watched st. louis wrestling before so I know it gets a lot better.
Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished first season of Daredevil. One episode of Jessica Jones left. Going to start Mr. Robot tonight and I watched a couple of episodes of season1 of The Flash.

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wcw-starrcade-96/#.VqKaQSorLIU

WCW presents a feel good show as Roddy Piper tries to humble Hollywood Hogan, Justin Liger flies high with Rey Jr, Dean Malenko tangles with The Ultimo Dragon, Lex Luger climbs a beanstalk to battle the Giant, Jeff Jarrett and Chris Benoit beat the tar out of each other, The Outsiders try and survive a clash with the Faces of Fear, along with other action....also included is backstage news from the era with the WWF trying to poach former WCW champions, and Eric Bischoff accusing Vince McMahon of taking steroids...plus video of a must see Cocaine Crazed Roddy Piper promo!!

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Anybody watching the new OJ series?

This week's X-Files was a bit of a snoozer.

I am becoming disappointed in Colbert's largely safe and lame humor when he's not attacking political scum.

I miss The Curse of Oak Island already [Frown]

I have Netflix and HBO and still waste all my time with things like Macgyver reruns and 80's cartoons. Not to mention shoot interviews and old wrestling.

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/clash-34/#.Vr3gOvIrLIU

On the verge of the nWo's first PPV, the Clash of the Champions sees Lex Luger collide with Scott Hall, plus Dean Malenko grappling with the Ultimo Dragon, Kevin Sullivan brawling with Chris Benoit, some Lucha craziness and a whole bunch of squash matches. Backstage news on the Nasty Boys shooting on Scott Hall, Mongo's big contract, original plans for Crow Sting and other highlights are included as well.

NYindyfan
Member # 125634

Just got the first 3 seasons of Mission impossible. That'll always be my favorite show.
Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

Watching Ripper Street, looking forward to the new season.

ROH Greatest Rivalries.

Sherlock.

knightmare414
Member # 21742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knightmare414     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching Deadwood. Not how I missed this brilliant show. Just finished season 1 and can't wait to dive into seasons 2. I understand a movie is now in the works as well.
sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL
Member # 5431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My kids are a little older now so I am catching up things I didn't watch when they were young. I am in the last season of NCIS. There is another thread on interrogations. Jethro Gibbs/Mark Harmon is one of the masters IMO. I have also binge watched all of the Law and Order SVU seasons. Marvels Jessica Jones is next.

--------------------
Be yourself and look yourself in the mirror with pride each day. If you were to die today what would your fellow man say about you?? Mark Markley-gone but never forgotten

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/souledout97/

Looking back at one of the worst PPVs of all time.... Crooked refs, bad announcing, large women dancing, nWo B-team guys in half the matches, a dead crowd, Hogan vs The Giant part 25, X-Pac errrrrr Syxx in the best match, Oh the humanity!

---

Watching this week in RAW/Nitro from 97.

Raw crowd is dead early on and this is the night after Mania.

Steve Austin turning face seems a bit odd as he hit his stride over the past 5 months or so as a no nonsense **** talking heel and had lots of hay to make off that yet. I realize I'm saying this about the biggest drawing babyface in wrestling history.

Nitro was headlined by Prince Iaukea vs Macho Man. I'm sure they killed RAW anyway.

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwfinphilly2191983/#.VxEchjArLIU

I'm kicking off a new project as I take a look around the wrestling world month by month as Vince McMahon steamrolls the territories. Each major territory has their main cards and angles looked into for the month as I make the journey through time. I'm kicking off with February of 1983. The WWF has a huge 10 man tag in Philly, JCP is setting up the Final Conflict, the AWA is running on Hulkamania, St Louis is dying, World Class is on fire thanks to the Freebirds vs the Von Erichs, JYD is waging war with the Rat Pack, Lawler is chasing the AWA title and much more!

Additions and further info is more than welcome!

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wrasslin-nwa-final-conflict/#.VxpTADArLIU

March of 1983 sees the NWA hold the "Final Conflict" Steel Cage match between Sgt. Slaughter and Don Kernodle against Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood, the AWA has another chapter in the endless Mad Dog Vachon war with Sheik Adnan's army, A big controversy follows the National title in Georgia, The Freebirds and Von Erichs continue to go to war, The WWF has another huge multi-man match, plus news on Florida, Mid-South, St. Louis and Memphis as the biggest stars in wrestling crisscross the nation!

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wrasslin-awa-super-sunday/#.VyNU-DArLIU

Our visit through history stops in April of 1983 where we look into the AWA's love affair with HULKAMANIA and the blood feud of Mad Dog Vachon and Jerry "Fatwell". Things come to a head at "Super Sunday". The Mid-Atlantic continues to push Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood's issue with Kernodle and Slaughter, the Mid-South sees JYD headline another Superdome show, Tony Atlas chases World Champ Ric Flair in the Omni, World Class sees a famous "spanking" angle, St. Louis has a World title match as well as imports from around the rest of the nation, MSG has a former WWF champ return to challenge Bob Backlund, Jerry Lawler tries to beat AWA champ Bockwinkel and deal with Andy Kaufman, among a lot of other happenings!

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wrasslin-wwf-capcenter83/

May 83

A busy news month sees Jimmy Snuka arrested, a serious car accident for another smark favorite, a new Russian enters the horizon, JCP blows off one of their biggest feuds ever, Hulk Hogan leaves the AWA...the first time...., Mid-South lands two major new babyfaces, Bobby Heenan has a great angle with Ken Patera, Adrian Adonis wins a World title in Texas...., Andy Kaufman is back in Memphis, plus I look at a WWF house show in full from the Cap Center!!!!

Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Penny Dreadful, Lucha Underground, Strike Back, The Night Manager.

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

Dirko
Member # 125609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Claymation Quartermain:
Penny Dreadful, Lucha Underground, Strike Back, The Night Manager.

Penny Dreadful is fantastic. I can't understand why Eva Green is not one of the most famous actresses out there. She is amazing (and gorgeous!).

Best wishes,
Dirk

--------------------
"I have decided to be happy because it is good for my health."
(Voltaire)

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wrasslin-starwars/#.VzYUWZErLIU

A special look around June 1983 sees Harley Race and Ric Flair having a historic St Louis encounter, The Von Erichs fall into legal troubles over drugs, The Road Warriors debut, Two Memphis legends battle in a "Loser Leaves Town" match, Buddy Rose turns face in Portland, Jimmy Snuka and Don Muraco kick off their famous feud, plus I review the WCCW Star Wars Event from June with the Von Erichs, Kamala, Brody, Chris Adams and others battling in front of over 20,000 rabid fans!!

Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

Binge watched Season 1 of True Detective last night, just fantastic. Mcconaughey hits it out of the park.
Duke Of Dorchester
Member # 6218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duke Of Dorchester   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Berberovic:
Binge watched Season 1 of True Detective last night, just fantastic. Mcconaughey hits it out of the park.

Great show!

--------------------
[[[----------]]]

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wrasslin-phillyspectrum1983/#.Vz9UOpErLIU

July of 1983 sees Harley Race and Ric Flair headline a pair of stadium shows, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair compete in the same tournament with the Missouri title hanging in the balance, Verne Gagne came out of retirement...again..., Nick Bockwinkel and Ted Dibiase align to go after Dusty Rhodes, Hacksaw Duggan and JYD headline a loaded Superdome card, Stan Hansen and Ole Anderson take aim at the Road Warriors, Andy Kaufman TEAMS with Jerry Lawler, plus a full blow by blow review of the WWF's event from the Philly Spectrum and much more news and notes!!

NYindyfan
Member # 125634

Thanks for those Arnold. I always look forward to reading those.
Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wrasslin-august-1983/#.Vz_xxJErLIU

August of 1983 sees Ric Flair having his neck injured in a heinous attack, Barry Windham's bid for the NWA World title headlines a big Florida card, Hulk Hogan adds David Schultz to his hit list, Rick Martel is brutalized on AWA TV, Japan sees two legends retire in their prime, Lou Thesz appeared in Memphis, The Road Warriors receive their first NWA World tag title shots at the Briscos, Bob Backlund faces a wide range of opponents before a new challenger arises and many other news bits and results!

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wrasslin-september-1983/#.V0hue5ErLIU

September of 1983 sees Ric Flair retiring due to injury, Dusty Rhodes finally ends his war with Kevin Sullivan, Masked Superstar tries to cripple Bob Backlund's friend, Vince's expansion plans start to become very evident, Duggan and Dibiase reach a climax in Mid-South, Andre faces monsters across the wrestling landscape, The Heenan Family implodes, plus an EPIC Dusty promo and lots of other news and notes!

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/snuka-leap-wwf-msg/#.V1GAbPkrLIU

The half of October of 1983 sees Harley Race facing off with talent from across the country as he prepares for his "Starrcade" match with Ric Flair. Stan Hansen and Jesse Ventura invade Memphis, the WWF declares war on Ole Anderson, Don Muraco takes part in one of the most famous squash matches ever, The Freebirds almost come to the WWF, JYD faces set backs in his feud with Butch Reed, among lots of other news and tidbits....then I do a full review of the MSG show for the month which features Snuka's epic steel cage match with Muraco, Bob Backlund vs. The Masked Superstar, Andre and much more!

Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

The Expanse, Season 1, binge watch. Thomas Jane as Miller is exceptional.
Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/snuka-muraco-bloodbath-philly/#.V1sd3PkrLIU

The second half of October sees the "Last Battle in Atlanta" take place as Buzz Sawyer and Tommy Rich wage war in a covered cage. JCP continues the road to Starrcade, Snuka and Muraco engage in a bloodbath, Magnum TA and JYD are in the middle of a Mid-South title controversy, Jimmy Garvin fends off a surprise opponent in WCCW, Memphis has a huge tag team mega match and much more!

Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

Watched Season 3 of "Hell on Wheels" last night. Cullen Bohannon is deeply flawed, which makes him very likeable. Colm Meaney as Thomas Durant is very good, and you just want to smash him in the face. Good stuff.

[ 06-16-2016, 06:12 AM: Message edited by: Steve Berberovic ]

Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

Been watching "The Sweeney', British cop show, 70's vintage. John Thaw as Jack Regan, is awesome.

Binge watching "Hell on Wheels" Season 4.

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wrasslin-november-1983/#.V2RCZ_krLIU

November of 1983 sees JCP's biggest show ever, the first Starrcade! The Von Eriches dominate Ric Flair, a legendary tag team makes their Mid-South debut, Andy Kaufman ends his Memphis saga, an infamous heel retires after a long career, the Road Warriors go to war with a pair of brothers, Hulk Hogan leaves the AWA, and more news and notes. Then I take a look at the full WWF Philly show from this month with Backlund vs. Iron Sheik, Pat Patterson facing Ivan Koloff and other action!

Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

Watched "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" last night, and thought it was all right, but nothing special. The Black Widow- Hulk soap opera didn't work for me.
tamalie from MN
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamalie from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed the first two episodes of "Animal Kingdon" on TNT and plan to keep watching.

"Aquarius" has started up on NBC again. The premiere is sitting in my DVR. It's second division fare, but I absolutely love the concept and that alone will keep me watching.

Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Watched Tommy Rich vs Austin Idol on Youtube. Also an interview with Rich where he is on crutches coming back from a knee injury and Idol attacks him.

Non-wrestling stuff would be Fargo season 1, Penny Dreadful season 3, Preacher, The Anderson Platoon (Vietnam documentary by Pierre Schoendoerffer who was actually captured at the battle of Dien Bien Phu). Also watched a documentary on Netflix about the gaming culture around the game Magic which I know nothing about.

Also finished Peaky Blinders season 3.

[ 06-21-2016, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Claymation Quartermain ]

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/the-iron-sheik-beats-backlund/#.V21SkbgrLIU

December of 1983 sees the retirement of an all time great, the return of a WWWF champion to JCP, Dick Slater becomes Crockett's top heel in the aftershock of Starrcade, Bob Backlund makes his final successful title defenses, the WWF invades St. Louis and brings out the big guns, Hogan and Flair both take part in mega matches in the Orient, Santa Claus turns heel in WCCW, the AWA adapts to life without Hogan, Macho Man disrupts a live Memphis TV taping, and a ton of other news and notes... Plus a look at the full card from the December MSG show...

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations