WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » What are you watching? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: What are you watching?
davephlegmball
Member # 5163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davephlegmball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching TNA tonight.

If history is any judge, it will be for less than 1/2 hour.

IP: Logged
SHOOTER
Member # 26761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOOTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A disc of various stuff from the 70's...

Bob Backlund vs. Superstar Graham ( WWWF title / stretcher match from Philly 1978 )
Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat ( 1977 Mid Atlantic t.v.)
Bobby Duncum & Blackjack Lanza vs. Greg Gagne & Jim Brunzell ( 2 out of 3 falls 1977 AWA )
Funks vs. Bockwinkel & Lanza ( 1978 Japan )
Greg Valentine vs. Jimmy Snuka ( 1979 Mid Atlantic films )
Nick Bockwinkel vs. Jerry Lawler (AWA title highlights 8-27-79 Memphis )
Bockwinkel vs. Lawler ( AWA title vs. CWA title highlights 12-10-79 Memphis )

Bionic Lungs
Member # 23051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bionic Lungs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Karate Kid (1984) on The Hub Network. Love me some Elisabeth Shue.

--------------------
"Anytime you travel 36,000 miles above normalcy level, you will have turbulence. Anytime you mix two physically, mentally, reactive chemicals, there's gonna be boiling and there's gonna be bubbling." - Ultimate Warrior (SNME, 1/27/90)

elguapo1000%
Member # 4978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elguapo1000%     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, she is smokin.
Watched Hogan v Inoki match where he KO'd him. Havent watched the match in years. Hogan could really go brother.

CWF Fan
Member # 3893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CWF Fan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Finder on Netflix. Has been great, and I had never even heard of the show.
Tatsuya
Member # 80195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tatsuya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember having a copy of Adventures in Babysitting and watching it ad nauseum due to the sheer hotness of Shue. Well I still have a copy but haven't watched it in a while

Anyway, pretty much all WWE Network stuff particularly the Legends of Wrestling. Saw the Evolution of Hardcore episode yesterday...a little surprised that Foley wasn't on the panel (although I think it was taped in 2012 so he was no longer there) but mostly that they didn't include the War Games. Liked Road Dogg on the panel...he was pretty honest about being scared to take some bumps and mess around with the barbed wire.

Also watching various random matches from PPV's. Started to break into the WCCW episodes as well

Chaotic Cold
Member # 72173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaotic Cold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to watch the first two matches on my Generation Next ROH dvd as soon as I'm finished working on a project later tonight. That might end up being tomorrow...

Austin Aries/Roderick Strong/Jack Evans vs Special K

Alex Shelley vs Jay Lethal

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwe/from-the-wwe-network-the-best-of-wwf-old-school-house-shows-vol-3/#.UzF-I1cm-So

My third volume of reviews from the WWE Network's Old School House Shows trying to find diamonds in the rough: This week has Andre/Hillbilly Jim vs. Studd and Bundy, Steamboat vs. Savage, Piper vs. Muraco in a bloodbath, Bulldogs vs. Hart Foundation, Bruno Sammartino vs. Randy Savage, Duggan vs. The Iron Sheik, Jake the Snake vs. Earthquake and Hogan vs. Sgt. Slaughter - plus a TON of crappy encounters!

the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Punishing myself and watching some of a 60 odd disc set of Wrestlecrap!

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/monday-night-wars-week-10-11695/#.UzQv4Fcm-So

Bret Hart battles Lawler, Sting vs. Flair, Eddy Guerrero vs. Chris Benoit and a huge WCW title announcement during week 10 of the Monday Night Wars!!!

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/the-monday-night-wars-week-11-111295/#.UzqzV1cm-So

Hulk Hogan cosplays as The Cryptkeeper, Eddy Guerrero steals the show with Johnny B Badd, and Razor battles Sid with The 123 Kid as the special ref...nothing to worry about there...

Tatsuya
Member # 80195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tatsuya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Past few days saw following Legends of Wrestling episodes:

Rivalries (thought it sucked....I appreciate Bret was there to provide insight but didn't need another Bret-Shawn. Also Bulldogs vs Rougeaus...I know it's suppose to be somewhat of a look inside but still not a great rivalry. No Flair-Steamboat, Funk-Brisco, Hogan-Savage and others)

In Through the Outdoor (it was alright, Nash could be funny at times, I'll give him that. Some nice insight into problems faced, like not being able to see the monitor due to the glare of the sun)

Families (I like this one a lot except it annoyed me that Okerlund cut off DiBiase a couple of times. Actually, I think Okerlund is terrible overall, JR would have been much better)

Also rewatched some ECW episodes involving the Shane-Tommy Dreamer storyline in 1994 and the 2001 Raw where Vince gloated about buying WCW only to have Shane undercut him.

Cornette Fan
Member # 4170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cornette Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The past few weeks.....

-AAA: Irapuato, Guanaguato (March 3rd, 2014) - I love AAA but I really wasn't impressed with this show. I'm a big fan of both Electroshock & Chessman but the trios bout with Electroshock, Gronda, & Axel vs. Chessman, Silver King, & Hijo del Phantasma was awful.

-William Regal vs. Antonio Cesaro from NXT on 12/25/2013. - Amazing bout. One of my favorite matches from last year. Just awesome.

-Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada from NJPW on 4/7/2013. The Observer's MOTY last year. Great match for the IWGP Heavyweight Title. I don't know that I'd have given it the MOTY though.

-The Bella Twins RF shoot - Garbage. Just terrible.

-Terry Funk/Steve Corino Faceoff - Really fun and interesting to listen to those two just BS.

-Porkchop Cash Highspots shoot - He seems like a nice guy and I didn't mind his work but he seems to overestimate his ability. Just my opinion.

-AAA: Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera, Distrito Federal (February 21, 2014). I really enjoyed the bout between Drago, Faby Apache, & Jennifer Blake vs. Taya Valkyrie, Sexy Star, & Pentagon Jr. Jennifer Blake and Taya, IMO, are way more fun to watch than any of the ladies in WWE (this includes NXT). Fenix, Joe Lider, & Crazy Boy vs. Daga, Steve Pain, & Juvi was pretty fun too. The eight man main event wasn't a good match technically but I enjoyed it. I haven't honestly been a fan of Jeff Jarrett since about 1995 but I enjoy his gimmick in Mexico. Karen's feud with Marisela Pena amuses me for some reason too. Fun show overall.

On the Network....

-I watch NXT every week and I think it's the best wrestling show out of the U.S. Even the lesser episodes are fun.

-WCW Halloween Havoc 2000. This is so awful it could be on Mystery Science Theater 3000. Terrible matches, terrible booking, terrible announcers, and terrible.....well...everything. This is probably the worst major PPV I've ever seen.

-WWF Survivor Series 1987. I had never seen the full PPV, only the edited version. I love the 20 man match and the opener. Good show.

-WWE Great American Bash 2004. Really bad show. I think the JBL/Eddy World Title change is pretty underrated but there's a lot of really bad stuff on the show (especially the BORING Billy Gunn vs. Kenzo Suzuki match).

-WCW Great American Bash 1990. Fun show. I watched it because I had never seen the first few matches. I was even impressed by the matches that weren't on the Turner VHS. I will say that the Sheikey/Rotundo match was terrible though. Overall, GREAT show.

Later,
Nate

[ 04-01-2014, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Cornette Fan ]

--------------------
Hulk Hogan, you are a household word, but so is garbage. And it stinks when it gets old too.
(Jim Cornette...1997)

If your mother wasn't so fancy we could shop at a gas station like everybody else.
(Homer Simpson)

Cornette Fan
Member # 4170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cornette Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night....

Dragon Gate USA: Open the Ultimate Gate 2010 - This was actually the first DGUSA show I've ever watched and I enjoyed it. The extra match with Masato Yoshino vs. Naruki Doi was my favorite match. Really good stuff.

I also watched ECW from October 5, 1993 on the Network. I actually liked it more than I like the stuff after they became Extreme Championship Wrestling. Snuka/Funk was fun and the Sandman match was amusing.

Later,
Nate

--------------------
Hulk Hogan, you are a household word, but so is garbage. And it stinks when it gets old too.
(Jim Cornette...1997)

If your mother wasn't so fancy we could shop at a gas station like everybody else.
(Homer Simpson)

JWLPromoter from FL
Member # 3978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JWLPromoter from FL   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heath Slater wins a match. Really.

For the NWA American Heavyweight Title. Or, as the announcer calls it, "the U.S. American Heavyweight Title and Belt."

--------------------
"BANG BANG!"

"Those who cannot remember history are condemned to repeat it."- George Santayana

"...the strongest force in the world is a woman!"- Jimmy Hart

The George The Animal Steele Fan Page!

Your uncrowned IWA World Heavyweight Champion

Tatsuya
Member # 80195

Watched the nwo episode of Legends of Wrestling. I shouldn't be so bugged by a wrestler's "faulty" memory but man the incorrect timeline of events bugged me.
Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwe/wwf-survivor-series-1995/#.Uz_A0lcm-So

The Job Squad and the Joshi Gals almost steal the the show, the Wild Card brings the faces and heels together on the same team and Kevin Nash has the best match of his career in a grueling clash with Bret Hart!

JWLPromoter from FL
Member # 3978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JWLPromoter from FL   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arnold_OldSchool:
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwe/wwf-survivor-series-1995/#.Uz_A0lcm-So

The Job Squad and the Joshi Gals almost steal the the show, the Wild Card brings the faces and heels together on the same team and Kevin Nash has the best match of his career in a grueling clash with Bret Hart!

Saw it on Netflix a couple of months back IIRC. Some really good moments there. The Team Faye-Team Blayze match is great, though, if there could have been a way to have Mike Tenay and Joey Styles call it. Aja Kong would later have a match with Chaparita Asari on Raw that would get her banished from WWE because WWE thought she worked too stiff. Kong hasn't had a match on American television since. [Frown]

--------------------
"BANG BANG!"

"Those who cannot remember history are condemned to repeat it."- George Santayana

"...the strongest force in the world is a woman!"- Jimmy Hart

The George The Animal Steele Fan Page!

Your uncrowned IWA World Heavyweight Champion

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

quote:
Originally posted by JWLPromoter from FL:
quote:
Originally posted by Arnold_OldSchool:

Saw it on Netflix a couple of months back IIRC. Some really good moments there. The Team Faye-Team Blayze match is great, though, if there could have been a way to have Mike Tenay and Joey Styles call it. Aja Kong would later have a match with Chaparita Asari on Raw that would get her banished from WWE because WWE thought she worked too stiff. Kong hasn't had a match on American television since. [Frown]
I want to see some Bull Nakano vs. Kong action now!
Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/chi-town-rumble-89/#.U01CCVcm-So

Ricky Steamboat and Ric Flair renew their classic rivalry, Lex Luger and Barry Windham try and settle a long standing grudge, The Road Warriors battle the massive Dr. Death and devious Kevin Sullivan, Rick Steiner and Mike Rotondo work a UFC style match and Sting tries to take down cagey vet Butch Reed.

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wrestle-war-89-the-music-city-showdown/#.U1Z_uFcm-So

Flair vs. Steamboat 3~!! The Freebirds attempt to outwit Lex Luger, Rick Steiner and The Road Warriors continue to go to war with The Varsity Club, Sting squashes a WWF World Champion, and we kick things off with the Great Muta!!

Erik from PU
Member # 8376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Erik from PU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am watching all the major shows I can find from the summer of 1992- SMW, All Japan Weekly shows, All Japan Women Grand Prix part 1, WCW and WWF from the WWE Network (WCW is the Watts era).
Looking back at just the highlights, the year was pretty amazing. I have no idea how it looked if you were there.

[ 04-22-2014, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Erik from PU ]

--------------------
CHAMPIONSHIP PRICES WILL PREVAIL $2.00-$3.00-$5.00

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwe/from-the-wwe-network-the-best-of-olld-school-house-shows-vol-4/#.U1kWdlcm-So
Matches include Roddy Piper vs. Ted Dibiase, Hogan vs. Slaughter, Jake the Snake vs. Rick Rude, Macho Man vs. The Million Dollar Man, The Hulkster vs. Mr. Wonderful, Bruno vs. Piper, The Dragon vs. Savage!

---
WWF really needs to put up some AWA and Mid South stuff...their house shows are slowing killing me.

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Hogan 1 up's new World Champ Macho Man, Sting and Luger battle the Horsemen and the Undertaker finishes his feud with the Supreme Fighting Machine!
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/the-monday-night-wars-week-13-november-26th-1995/#.U16AYFcm-Sp

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/the-great-american-bash-89-the-glory-days/#.U1-bflf4w1I

Funk vs. Flair, WAR GAMES, Luger vs.Steamboat, Sting vs. The Great Muta, Steiners vs.Rotondo and Sullivan, A battle royal and Pillman, Sid and others also in action!

Cornette Fan
Member # 4170

Watched Mid South's "Wrestlefest 1985" today. While it wasn't a great show, it was enjoyable. The main event was a fun brawl with Duggan, Murdoch, & Watts vs. Akbar, Kareem Mohammad, & Kamala. Other good matches on the show were Flair/Dusty, Butch Reed/Dutch Mantell, & DiBiase/Roberts.

Also watched Legends of Wrestling: In Through the Outdoors on the Network. It was another fun Roundtable and, IMO, Kevin Nash & JJ Dillon were by far the most enjoyable guys on the show.

I'm thinking about watching Rey de Reyes 2014 tomorrow.

Later,
Nate

--------------------
(Jim Cornette...1997)

(Homer Simpson)

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

quote:
Originally posted by Cornette Fan:
Watched Mid South's "Wrestlefest 1985" today. While it wasn't a great show, it was enjoyable. The main event was a fun brawl with Duggan, Murdoch, & Watts vs. Akbar, Kareem Mohammad, & Kamala. Other good matches on the show were Flair/Dusty, Butch Reed/Dutch Mantell, & DiBiase/Roberts.

Also watched Legends of Wrestling: In Through the Outdoors on the Network. It was another fun Roundtable and, IMO, Kevin Nash & JJ Dillon were by far the most enjoyable guys on the show.

I'm thinking about watching Rey de Reyes 2014 tomorrow.

Later,
Nate

Hacksaw marked out when I told him I had watched that show in the weeks leading up to our meeting.

---------

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/the-monday-night-wars-week-14-12495/#.U2Pzm1f4w1J

Lex Luger continues his battles with Randy Savage, Dean Douglas has his final RAW match, and Sting and Hogan come to blows!

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a nice set of 1980s lucha to watch, so much of it is simply great. El Solitario vs. Dr. Wagner is off the charts fantastic.

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

mckinneydg
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finished up Starrcade '93 today. Not sure what's next for me other than Extreme Rules tomorrow along with Raw Monday.

I did start For All Mankind as well today, but don't know when I'll get back around to that.

--------------------
South Atlanta Wrestling

The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)
Member # 166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished up "The Legends of Mid-South" DVD Set....saw most of it when it happened...great to relive it, and see some things I didnt recall, like Mr. Wrestling II training Magnum TA to learn the proper way to do "The Million Dollar Kneelift". Such good stuff...and the Flair/Taylor match there was not the same one I witnessed live in Jackson, but they did use the same finish.

--------------------
"Marriage is the one normal thing that Flair tries to do, but he sucks at it" - Nickla Roberts, in a SLAM Wrestling article. I add, "He ain't alone."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481967783&ref=tn_tnmn

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

quote:
Originally posted by The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,):
Just finished up "The Legends of Mid-South" DVD Set....saw most of it when it happened...great to relive it, and see some things I didnt recall, like Mr. Wrestling II training Magnum TA to learn the proper way to do "The Million Dollar Kneelift". Such good stuff...and the Flair/Taylor match there was not the same one I witnessed live in Jackson, but they did use the same finish.

I have had that collecting dust for months... I blame the Network

----

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/the-monday-night-wars-week-15-121195/#.U2jUBFf4w1I

Bret Hart vs. Bob Backlund, A woman has her nose broken, Hogan runs over the Horsemen, and Paul Orndorff suffers a serious injury

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwe/in-your-house-seasons-beatings/#.U22Tt1f4w1J

Bret vs. Bulldog in a match heralded as a under-appreciated classic - Does it hold up? HHH tumbles with a HOG farmer, King Mabel's WWF career is put to rest, Big Daddy Cool tries to avenge his boyfriend's concussion and Razor gets his hands on the 123 Kid!

elguapo1000%
Member # 4978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elguapo1000%     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched the Bret\Bulldog match on his DVD last week. Still holds up, like better than their Wembley match.

I finally got to see the Warrior doc. It really is amazing.

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/clash-of-the-champions-8-fall-brawl-89/#.U3INlSj4w1I

Sting and Flair battle Muta and....a mystery partner, The Steiners go for the gold vs. The Freebirds, Lex Luger faces cagey vet Tommy Rich, The Road Warriors try and finish the Samoan SWAT Team and Sid shows us all how he got so over!

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

A 2 week XMAS Monday night wars special!! Razor battles Yokozuna, Eddy faces Flair, Savage clashes with the Giant, and then Savage and Flair begin the 3rd chapter in their feud!!

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/the-monday-night-wars-weeks-16-and-17-december-18th-and-25th-1995/#.U3TAmij4w1I

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/clash-of-the-champions-9-new-york-knock-out/#.U3tWwSj4w1I

Funk and Flair settle the score, The Road Warriors collide with The Freebirds, The Steiners battle the massive Sky Scrapers, The Dynamic Duds (spelling intentional) compete with the Midnight Express for Jim Cornette's affection and Lex Luger tries to make Flyin' Brian crash land.

Rash at the beach
Member # 9320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rash at the beach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old Piper shoot

--------------------
Promotional Consideration paid for by the following

www.samedayrva.com

Www.blastpods.com

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/starrcade-95-wcw-vs-new-japan/#.U34q5Cgm-So

The Best New Japan has to offer collides with WCW's big guns. Then Luger, Flair and Sting collide in a triangle match to decide who will go on to battle Macho Man for the World title!

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/starrcade-89-future-shock/#.U4ThEigm-So

It's a battle of attrition as the NWA runs single and tag team round robin tournaments to determine who WCW's true Iron Men are. Participating is Sting, Muta, Luger, Flair, The Road Warriors, DOOM, The Samoans and The Steiner Brothers!

jtx
Member # 53113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jtx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched BattleBowl 93 on the network.

Good grief was this such a flat show. Took me two sittings to plow through the whole thing. Honestly the only thing that would have saved it for me would have been clean shaven Rip Rogers pulling out the win in the end.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations