WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Song Titles Not Mentioned In The Song's Lyrics (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Song Titles Not Mentioned In The Song's Lyrics
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, wrong. It's called 'melody'.

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

IP: Logged
reckoning
Member # 25020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reckoning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Springsteen:
"Incident On 57th Street"
"Meeting Across The River"

R.E.M.:
"So. Central Rain"
"Pop Song '89"
"Texarkana"

mr. disco
Member # 1736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr. disco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simon and Garfunkel: The 59th Street Bridge Song

--------------------
"Just because you ain't paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get you." - Steve Earle

Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust
Member # 76599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls
Member # 76599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ballad Of John & Yoko by The Beatles
Mr. 1derful
Member # 5666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. 1derful   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swlabr - Cream

[ 12-26-2012, 05:56 AM: Message edited by: Mr. 1derful ]

Member # 76599

Lithium by Nirvana
CJ in Savannah
Member # 26303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ in Savannah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smashing Pumpkins: "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" "Zero"

Green Day: "Basketcase" "Longview" "Geek Stink Breath"

--------------------
I hope my next relationship lasts longer than Taylor Swift's next 10.

Dissin' Terry Funk
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dissin' Terry Funk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure I recall the Eagles ever singing "All Night Long" in the song "All Night Long".... Maybe I wasn't listening close enough....
john8
Member # 17520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for john8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big Log by Robert Plant
JumboShrimp from CA
Member # 5700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JumboShrimp from CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Black Dog" by Led Zeppelin...in fact, probably most of their tunes don't mention the title within the lyrics.

[ 12-26-2012, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: JumboShrimp from CA ]

Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano
Member # 2127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odd one is Ken Boothe's cover of Bread's "Everything I Own" - as he quite clearly only sings "anything I own" throughout the chorus.

--------------------
I have roamed the galaxy in search of battle. Those who have crossed me have had their bodies broken and their blood spilled. Never have I looked back.

Skullbutt
Member # 21433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skullbutt         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
High School Confidential--Jerry Lee Lewis. It was the name of the movie, but "Confidential" never is mentioned in the song
The Saviour of Misbehaviour
Member # 4152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Saviour of Misbehaviour     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love Vigilantes and Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order fit the bill. %9th St. Bridge Song is subtitled "Felling groovy", which is in the song, so not aure about its inclusion.

--------------------
“Hearing the words, ‘The land of the free and home of the brave’ means something special for every American, every day,” Harris added later in his speech. “But today, on Dec. 7, it takes on extraordinary significance.”

Tabe
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First one that comes to mind for me is:

"Young Turks" by Rod Stewart

Tabe
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CJ in Savannah:
quote:
Originally posted by BaltimoreBullet:
Songbird by Kenny G

I'm pretty sure every Kenny G song would qualify for this topic [Wink]
Nah. He's had multiple hits with lyrics, with "By the Time This Night is Over" being the most-remembered, if not the biggest.
Al Swearengen
Member # 28264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Swearengen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possum Kingdom by the Toadies

--------------------
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." - Al Swearengen, Deadwood

PeteF3
Member # 1298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeteF3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Without counting, I would guess well over the majority of the Pumpkins' catalogue fits this.

Also pretty much everything by New Order.

eastside kid
Member # 419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eastside kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die Rag--Country Joe and The Fish

Theme For an Imaginary Western--Mountain

Eskimo Blue Day --Jefferson Airplane

PeteF3
Member # 1298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeteF3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would tend to make an exception for songs where the title is a literal description. That is to say, any title like "Ballad of [x]" or "Song for [x]" or a lot of "[x] Blues."
SWW72 from FL
Member # 1536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWW72 from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Authority Song by John Melloncamp

Superstar by The Carpenters, et al.

[ 06-18-2013, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: SWW72 from FL ]

--------------------
SWW72

bAzTNM
Member # 8494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bAzTNM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Massive Attack "Unfinished Sympathy"

--------------------
From Scotland!

My website with random stuff

Member # 76599

"Cornwall Blank" by America.

"Saturn Nights" by America.

I was listening to America's "Homecoming" album tonight and this topic came to mind. [Smile]

plmathfoto
Member # 1087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for plmathfoto   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miami 2017 & Summer Highland Falls by Billy Joel

[ 03-24-2015, 05:08 AM: Message edited by: plmathfoto ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/PeteLederbergsWrestlingPhotos?ref=hl

jakeway1 from NJ
Member # 6149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jakeway1 from NJ         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unchained Melody-Righteous Bros.

--------------------
I would of known the difference between "of" and "have", but I of not been educated. Of a nice day!!

RoyalDragon
Member # 119461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoyalDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Subterranean Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan

Message From The Meters - Funk Inc.

10's - Pantera

Funk #49 - The James Gang

--------------------
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

Y2Bane
Member # 118577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2Bane         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
95% of Led Zepplin's catalog
K. Fabian McClinch
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for K. Fabian McClinch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These were more about misunderstood/transcribed lyrics than intentionally obscure song titles, but . . .

. . . in Jimmy Reed's "Baby What You Want Me to Do," he actually sings, "Baby, why ya wanna let go?" Texas bluesman Andrew "Smokey" Hogg released a song that the producers titled "I Bleed Through My Soul" -- would've been a GREAT blues title, but Hogg actually sang, "I believe to my soul . . ."

[ 03-24-2015, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: K. Fabian McClinch ]

--------------------
"It's the same all over: you fight for your life until death do you part -- and then you got it made." (Lester Young)

Mr. A
Member # 39

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Cream - Badge

Freddie King simply could or would not sing "Lodi" in the cover he did. He continuously sang "Lowdown" instead. So they listed the song as "Lowdown in Lodi" on track listing.

K. Fabian McClinch
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for K. Fabian McClinch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cream -- "SWLABR" ("She Walks Like a Bearded Rainbow")

Did anyone mention Simon & Garfunkel's "For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her"? Also, the first version of their "Somewhere They Can't Find Me" was titled "Wednesday Morning, 3 AM" -- phrase that does not occur in the song.

Then there's Leonard Cohen's "One Of Us Cannot Be Wrong" . . .

. . . and for that matter, A LOT of the songs on Jack Bruce's solo albums "Harmony Row" and "Songs For A Tailor" (lyrics/titles by Pete Brown)

[ 03-24-2015, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: K. Fabian McClinch ]

--------------------
"It's the same all over: you fight for your life until death do you part -- and then you got it made." (Lester Young)

Pbhero
Member # 81542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pbhero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"How Soon is Now" - The Smiths
Daddy Dewdrop
Member # 3960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daddy Dewdrop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Suite Judy Blue Eyes" by Crosby, Stills & Nash
Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This song does not qualify. Just an interesting trivia question.

How many times does Steve Perry & Journey song the line "Don't Stop Believing" in the song "Don't Stop Believing"?

8? 10? 12?

The answer is only 3. Just 3 times at the end of the song.

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

"A draw is like kissing your sister" ~ Larry Nelson, 1987

K. Fabian McClinch
Member # 6275

One more Cream entry: "Deserted Cities of the Heart" (Pete Brown again!)

--------------------

Austin Idle
Member # 119843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Austin Idle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Santa Monica" by Everclear

"Hemorrhage" by Fuel

"Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town," "Indifference," and "Wishlist" by Pearl Jam (There are more by Pearl Jam I'm sure but those are off the top of my head.)

The Average Malenko
Member # 3504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Average Malenko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Al Swearengen:
Possum Kingdom by the Toadies

I love that song
habsfan87 from NL
Member # 8038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for habsfan87 from NL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Acquiesce", Oasis
Wolverine
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolverine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Green Day: "Basketcase" "Longview" "Geek Stink Breath"

Zero has the lyric "Im your lover, im your zero" and Geek Stink Breath has the title sung at the very end of the song.
Daddy Dewdrop
Member # 3960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daddy Dewdrop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Valotte" by Julian Lennon
Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there any Beatles songs that do not have title in the lyrics anywhere?

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

"A draw is like kissing your sister" ~ Larry Nelson, 1987

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations